Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

There's a new trailer!

Looks like the Captains from Minion Quest appear... as bosses in Bowser Jr.'s story alongside King Bob-Omb? Wonder what the context on that is.

Well they seem to be adding more elements of strategy to Minion Quest, which is nice.

Still not super excited for this though.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
There's a new trailer!

Looks like the Captains from Minion Quest appear... as bosses in Bowser Jr.'s story alongside King Bob-Omb? Wonder what the context on that is.
Seems like they're more willing to take liberties this time around, plotwise. Junior actually meets the bros for example.
Also, the amount of units has increased to 15.
Also, hey beatniks. Can we put these fears about no more OCs to rest now?

Sure, this series hasn't been my main concern in that regard anyway. I fully believe Paper Jam was at least in part the fault of modern Papleehhhh... pft pft. ahem. Papeuuughhhh--- Ahem. You get the picture.

Or it was because the developers specifically chose to do that like they flat out said they did.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Sure, this series hasn't been my main concern in that regard anyway. I fully believe Paper Jam was at least in part the fault of modern Papleehhhh... pft pft. ahem. Papeuuughhhh--- Ahem. You get the picture.
Well, they did say in the Miiting that the reason there were no OCs was because of all the Paper doubles running around, so in a weird way, it was.
Hopefully, the fact that almost every other facet of the Mario series (including Mario Tennis) can branch out should serve as a wake up call. Either that or have someone sit Tanabe down and tell him that there are more friendly characters than Toads...

YoshiEgg1990 said:
300px-M%26L_BIS%2BBJJ_Box_art.jpg

Here's the box art. Not really original :(
That's a shame. I think Luigi's the only original asset on that box.
Wonder if the other regions will pull a SS + BM.

At least it looks better than the original box art

Which isn't saying much.

Screenshots are in:
https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-luigi-bowsers-inside-story-bowser-jrs-journey-boxart-screenshots/
Looks like you can choose actions for the sub-captain as well.
Also, King Bob-Omb's timer gimmick seems to be back.
Also also, are those the captains I see with him?

Something about Luigi looks off to me. I'm not impressed with the boxart tbh, it's... technically an improvement but it's not even as interesting as the American SSS DX boxart which still featured a lineup of major characters. Bowser is the most blatant reuse of artwork I see here too. They literally took him from the original box, touched up his colors and pasted him here. Bowser Jr looks ripped straight out of Paper Jam. I'm really hoping we get more original artwork than this.

Also, they still haven't shown Fawful at all. Might his sprites just not be finished yet or what? I want to see em!

Ugh, I wish they had done something different than another Minion Quest. It was fun, but if they're gonna rerelease add something new for crying out loud!

The most interesting thing about the above post for me is the fact that Mister Apple actually just posted something.

I don't like they reused Bowser Jr's artwork from Paper Jam

HG-The-Hamster said:
It screams lazyness, especially after how Minion Quest got its own artwork.
Also the Directs used Junior's full Paper Jam artwork despite the Junior Clown Car being totally absent so far.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Also, they still haven't shown Fawful at all. Might his sprites just not be finished yet or what? I want to see em!
He'll probably be reusing a number of his SSS remake sprites, so I doubt that's the reason.
Then again, we've only seen minor bits of the game thus far, and the current focus appears to be on the Bowser Jr.'s Journey part of the game. Fawful and Midbus will probably pop up when we get an overview trailer like the previous remake (and that's assuming we get one this time).

ThatGuy62 said:
HG-The-Hamster said:

That sounds about just on par with this game. Just recycling as much assets as possible.

Reusing assets from old games for ports and remakes has been one of the sole methods of keeping the 3DS alive since late 2017, so it's no surprise.

So confirming the 3DS is now on life support. Good.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
ThatGuy62 said:
HG-The-Hamster said:

That sounds about just on par with this game. Just recycling as much assets as possible.
In fairness, they seem to be creating some new assets like the two new characters and redoing Bowser Jr. (and the Koopalings?) overworld sprites to better match the BIS perspective than the Paper Jam one.
How many did the original Minion Quest have?

I hope this doesn't have any clashing overworld sprites during a battle sequence like Minion Quest did. All those new sprites for Prince Peasley yet they couldn't make any battle-perspective versions for Minion Quest.

Here's hoping that whomever those 2 new peeps are aren't utterly irritating or their only definable feature is talking funny.

Well they look artsy.
Maybe they'll be walking references to the paintbrush?

Back