Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

Antasma was an underwhelming villain. But then again, so was Bowser honestly.

The game struggled to show them as proactive and threatening in the world even with the bit where islands got blased. Antasma in particular didn't really have enough interaction between himself and Bowser to make the turtle's betrayal strike with the first's demise lacking closure.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
-A lot of padding. A lot of story segments where, for example, you're supposed to meet this *bleep* to advance to the next location, but before you can meet him, you have to get some garbage from someone, which requires you traveling. But it turns out the person is somewhere else, so you have to talk to this guy to get this item to let you travel there instead. When you travel to this guy, turns out he is sleeping, so you need to wake him up, which requires you go into his dream and you FINALLY wake him up...and you forget what you're supposed to be doing in the first place.
Ah, the "General White" school of Game Design.

What is WITH Mario RPGs trying to find ways to waste your time?

I've never found it a waste. Except for stuff like General White, but in Dream Team the plot behind it makes sense. I enjoyed having more to do before an area ended. The difference between General White and Dream Team's "padding" is that General White had you go back to a random NPC in each previous chapter and there were no new areas to explore. DT had you go back to previous areas but explore different parts of them using new abilities. Also having parts where your goal seems simple but there are roadblocks or unexpected developments that make it longer is nothing new, remember the first Beanstar piece in Superstar Saga where you nearly had it several times but the plot happened in just the right way for it to slip away again? Don't see how DT is any worse than that.

I guess it's the sort of thing that comes with the gameplay. Mario & Luigi is a more "active" RPG, so they could probably justify you exploring and backtracking through new parts of old areas more easily whereas something like, say, Final Fantasy doesn't really do it that often (The Tower of Babil from FFIV is the one example that comes to mind immediately and I think you still enter through a different place than the first time you go there).

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I've never found it a waste. Except for stuff like General White, but in Dream Team the plot behind it makes sense. I enjoyed having more to do before an area ended. The difference between General White and Dream Team's "padding" is that General White had you go back to a random NPC in each previous chapter and there were no new areas to explore. DT had you go back to previous areas but explore different parts of them using new abilities. Also having parts where your goal seems simple but there are roadblocks or unexpected developments that make it longer is nothing new, remember the first Beanstar piece in Superstar Saga where you nearly had it several times but the plot happened in just the right way for it to slip away again? Don't see how DT is any worse than that.

the beanstar pieces had you tracking down one specific piece that lead to a new area altogether and the other 3 took about 3 minutes each to get.

The dreambed pieces each had some form of padded out nonsense in a game that was already going way too long at that point and then you had to awaken the bedsmith to put the bed together in the first place.

The padding didn't help the villains either considering how much of it when combined with other parts (namely the bosses) had little to nothing of a connection to them beyond a loose one.

I find the DT giant battles are cool to watch but the giant Bowser ones (Fawful express aside) are more fun to play.

Well DT seemed to make it to where missing a counter cost you more heavily, and the later battles had gyro controls that can randomly quit responding completely. For those reasons I prefer BIS's giant battles. I hope the remake allows a button or touch-controlled fire breath as an alternative or replacement for the mic, since that's the one thing that ruined the Fawful Express battle.

It's odd how the gyro controls for some Bros./Luiginary attacks never quit responding, yet the sequences in the giant fights did a lot.

Probably had something to do with how the system was being held.

And for the love of god please get rid of mic fire breath. Knowing me I'll probably buy the game on the cheap later so I want them to fix some of these issues.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
and the later battles had gyro controls that can randomly quit responding completely.
I consider the Zeekeeper to be the hardest boss in Dream Team, for that reason alone.

The key is to hold the system exactly as shown in the picture before the gyro segments, and not to start tilting too early. Keep that in mind, and the Zeekeeper and Bowser battles can actually be quite fun. Although I will say that they should allow you to reset the gyro sensors with the down button (like in Mario Party: Island Tour).

one of my favorite mario and luigi games is getting a nice looking remake im so happy

I love DT :') A lot of my friends say that DT is their 2nd favorite after BiS. Also I never had a problem with motion controls (I think thats what gyro controls are...) But then again, I like Dark Moon over the original and I don't think that Paper Jam is mediocre, so take my opinion with a bit of salt.

RainbowDiamond-SMP said:
I love DT :') A lot of my friends say that DT is their 2nd favorite after BiS. Also I never had a problem with motion controls (I think thats what gyro controls are...) But then again, I like Dark Moon over the original and I don't think that Paper Jam is mediocre, so take my opinion with a bit of salt.
DT's my favorite too, but I'm afraid that this is the BIS DX topic. Here's the topic for DT, but I'll warn you that it's been inactive for years.

Alternatively, you can post here.

(When you see a new post and it's not new information for the game)

Bowsers_Inside_Story_Dizzy.PNG

I don't think we'll be hearing a peep out of this till near the end of this year or the beginning of the next.

I'm hoping that since they seem to actually be taking their time with this remake it will actually have some major additions and improvements to actually justify it's existence.

Mcmadness said:
I don't think we'll be hearing a peep out of this till near the end of this year or the beginning of the next.

I'm hoping that since they seem to actually be taking their time with this remake it will actually have some major additions and improvements to actually justify it's existence.
You know it won't. They couldn't even be bothered to add a Battle Ring to Superstar Saga.

Just set your expectations like really low for this one.

So they can impress you by doing pretty much nothing :luigi:

I got a bit excited when this board lit up

I thought there was new info lmao

Back