Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

Probably not.

Also minor nitpicks. I don't like that ever since DT Bowser's sprites don't have the hexagons on his shell.

2nd thing. After this game I never want another "Bowser's minions get brainwashed" thing to happen in this series ever again.

If another badguy comes round, just give em their own minions or they don't have any but don't need any beyond like, one of 2.

What if they do another thing like the Shroobs where they have minions that are coincidentally like the Mushroom Kingdom counterpart?

At that point I'd rather just have the shroobs again. If there is one thing I hate it's redundant characters.

Personally, I think it has potential to be interesting like with the Shroob Rex or Yoob from Partners in Time but...I think Bowser's Inside Story took it a wee bit far and was a bit lazy with it? They just slapped Fawful's face on a Magikoopa and called it a day for example.

At least those Magikoopas apparently knew how to conduct an orchestra.

It's not likely at all since Nintendo doesn't really design with hackers/modders in mind, but I hope this remake has more sound programming between M&L and Bowser's battles. So that I can hack one into another's boss fights and have a semi-functional experience. Especially making Bowser fight himself.

Really depends on how they build their game to begin with. no hacks for Mario & Luigi games have been made, as far as i'm concerned or know (but if there was would be cool to let me know)

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Really depends on how they build their game to begin with. no hacks for Mario & Luigi games have been made, as far as i'm concerned or know (but if there was would be cool to let me know)
Not sure if that's what you meant, but...
Lol at 6 bosses still being beatable, that says a lot about their difficulty...

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Personally, I think it has potential to be interesting like with the Shroob Rex or Yoob from Partners in Time but...I think Bowser's Inside Story took it a wee bit far and was a bit lazy with it? They just slapped Fawful's face on a Magikoopa and called it a day for example.
Eh, it wasn't so bad. It was mostly just 3 or 4 enemies that were regular Bowser minions with a mask.
Or in chain chomp's case a weird bird thing sticking out of it's head.

Ah yes right.

Still looks like a bird to me though.

Also for consistency's sake Fawful needs his own battle theme when Bowser fights him. Every other badguy in the series got one so he should as well.

Well it might happen since they fixed his battle theme from SSS in the remake (he has more relation to Cackletta than Popple and it was always a remix of both their themes).

But idk, they didn't bother giving Popple his theme in DT even though it was one of the most popular things about him.

"They didn't bother" seems to be a recurring thing with them these last few games.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
What if they do another thing like the Shroobs where they have minions that are coincidentally like the Mushroom Kingdom counterpart?
Is PiT even canon to Nintendo anymore?
I feel like they're gonna delete that Shroob scene.
Or maybe just keep it as a hint ;)
I really want a PiT remake

Er, no because you see images of Shroobs in Mario's house in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Which... gives me interesting questions but canon and continuity, what's that?

PiT got hints and acknowledgements in Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (with a movie poster and E. Gadd talking about building a time machine) and I really doubt they're going to drop the Shroob boss fight in this remake (because I don't think the remake got rid of any boss fights)

Princess Mario said:
Er, no because you see images of Shroobs in Mario's house in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Which... gives me interesting questions but canon and continuity, what's that?

Well that game is both in the future but also in the past so that can be explained.

The movie posters of games that haven't happened yet however....

Broque Monsieur and Broque Madame starring in a movie doesn't inherently mean it's a BIS adaptation. The DT one could possibly be based on the ancient Pi'illo Kingdom before or when Antasma's initial shenanigans happened. Paper Jam is the only one that doesn't have a backstory or specific characters that could've been referenced before SSS (why is that not surprising), so that's probably why it wasn't referenced on a poster (unless a Cheep Cheep was supposed to be a reference to it)

I think these make way more sense than all Francis's toys and posters and junk, not that I don't welcome that beautiful fanservice and miss it in Paper Mario but still.

One thing I will say about this remake is that it's doing the thing I wish the superstar saga remake had done where they re-animated cutscenes to give them a more dynamic look.

Like the green toad guy rolling threw the wall for example.

I'm looking forward to the giant bosses and maybe more with 3D models too. Maybe Dark Bowser will be 3D when he gets big, and I'm already drooling over the knowledge that at least Fawful's head will be officially modeled (for the train and the Dark Star Core).

I do think it's a bit of a shame that we didn't get any glorious 3D Beanbean Kingdom models though.

I actually wish they had made it with 2D sprites on a 3D plain like they had done with DT and PJ.

It must be said that the SSS + BM highlighted the "this story is actually a movie" bit even more, so events and characters from following games being referenced surprises only up to a certain point, since the whole story is just a movie shown in a not-well-defined point in the timeline.

If you listen closely, in the September Direct trailer, you can hear the boss themes for both modes. It seems that the main game's boss battle theme manages to keep the charm of the DS original, while the Bowser Jr's Journey boss theme sounds as good as that of Minion Quest.

Is it possible at all to rip the themes from the Direct trailer and publish them to YouTube? That would be great.

I was kind of hoping that they would introduce Bowser Jr. in the "Super Mario" lineup of amiibo, as A: Toys 'R Us is closed, and B: his original Smash variant goes for about $50 on Amazon.

Bowser Jr. does need a proper amiibo, and Toadette's long overdue for an amiibo. Is Mario Party Star Rush even coded to read Toadette amiiboes?

I think amiibos are on the way out to be honest.

Back