Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

memoryman3 said:
Mario Party's sales completely trumped Superstar Saga's.
The statement was referring to Partners in Time not selling as well as Superstar Saga or Bowser's Inside Story. I brought up Mario Party as a counter-point because I saw only the "they don't want to make subpar games for money" part (and I'm well aware of how Mcmadness views Mario Party despite my disagreement with him over that).

It lead me to conclude that this remake is then a cash grab, on top of how much of a cash-in the Superstar Saga remake was.

I fail to see how a PiT remake wouldn't be as much of a cashgrab as BiS. I think it's as simple as them wanting to remake the better recived game.

You literally pointed out why in your post.

I mean, remaking PiT would require the same amount of effort. So, you know, they are equally as much as cashgrabs.

It's the better received game. What better way to make money then to redo a game thats already considered good?

Partners in Time had serious flaws compared to the other Mario & Luigi game and even if Alpha Dream made little changes to the hypothetical remake, least they gave the game a chance.

Bowser's Inside Story doesn't have the excuse so remaking it aside from a graphical update (which it doesn't need either) is pretty pointless beyond "let's cash in nostalgia".

GmanSir said:
I mean, remaking PiT would require the same amount of effort. So, you know, they are equally as much as cashgrabs.
Think of it like this: Partners In Time would require sprites for a number of the enemies, the babies, the bro attacks, the Shroobs, so on and so forth.
Inside Story? Well, Bowser's minions play a role in that so you can reuse those sprites, Bowser himself already has a few starting points spritewise between Paper Jam and SSSDX (Maybe even use a few of his Dream Team sprites for a base), Several NPCs already have sprites for the game, some of the enemies including Fawfuls robots have sprites/bases for sprites, even the 3D Battles could probably reuse a few assets from Dream Team and Paper Jam's models.
The most effort would go into the side-mode. The only "large" complaint about Inside Story that a remaster/remake could theoretically fix is Bowser's lack of a Battle Ring and SSSDX shows that AlphaDream probably wouldn't be bothered to do that either.

Is it odd that what I look foward most about this remake is knowing if it'll include cameos from Superstar Saga or not?

I’m looking forward to the giant battles.

By the way, is there a game mod, either of Bowser’s Inside Story or Dream Team, that lets you fight Giant Luigi as Giant Bowser? I’d like to see that.

No but that actually entertained the idea of someone doing that using Bowser's giant system in BIS DX after it releases and importing it to Dream Team, or importing Giant Luigi from Dream Team into BIS DX. Considering SPM and TTYD have something similar possible and all the 3DS M&L games use similar engines it miiight work.

That's 10 years after the release of the original. Normally that would be great but considering the Japanese release was so much earlier, it would suck to have to wait that long for it again. I think an anniversary release could've worked for the Superstar Saga remake though, since it was only about a month away from the day that original game came out.

Maybe the JP release date? I edited my post anyway because I didn’t want to wait that long.

Reminds me of how we Americans had to wait to get YWW four months after Europe. It made absolutely NO sense.

I wonder if the Japanese release for this game will come twenty months earlier as what happened with the original game. I hope we're finally done with these kinds of shitty release dates.

Princess Mario said:
I wonder if the Japanese release for this game will come twenty months earlier as what happened with the original game. I hope we're finally done with these kinds of *bleep*ty release dates.
Better question: Will the US and Europe versions come out the same time or will one be randomly earlier/later than the other?

Still would rather have that than the February release date for Bowser's Insides in Japan and Taiwan in February, South Korea in July, and then everyone else's is in Fall.

And IMO, even if they were released in the game day, my geographical placement means everyone else would get it first for a few hours anyway. :mad:

You know, if they wanted to revisit this game, I'd be ok with a sequel that re-uses or plays with it's gimmick instead of literally the same game.

Reminder: They need to do something...Partners-in-Timey before they go dabble in BS.

YFJ said:
Mcmadness said:
You know, if they wanted to revisit this game, I'd be ok with a sequel that re-uses or plays with it's gimmick instead of literally the same game.
There is Dream Team (an intended sequel to BIS), but everyone seems to dislike that game.
I don't think it's that unpopular, but it's certainly still underrated IMO. It's not Bowser-centric though which is what I think he means.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
YFJ said:
Mcmadness said:
There is Dream Team (an intended sequel to BIS), but everyone seems to dislike that game.
I don't think it's that unpopular, but it's certainly still underrated IMO. It's not Bowser-centric though which is what I think he means.
I will never understand the criticism of Dream Team, though. It was superior to both Superstar Saga and Paper Jam imo, although I haven’t played either PIT or BIS. I plan to get PIT along with other games I get for my DS, and BIS through this remake. Then I’ll really be able to rank them.

For Dream Team, I've seen the following things said about it:

-Slow, slow, slow pacing
-A lot of padding. A lot of story segments where, for example, you're supposed to meet this asshole to advance to the next location, but before you can meet him, you have to get some garbage from someone, which requires you traveling. But it turns out the person is somewhere else, so you have to talk to this guy to get this item to let you travel there instead. When you travel to this guy, turns out he is sleeping, so you need to wake him up, which requires you go into his dream and you FINALLY wake him up...and you forget what you're supposed to be doing in the first place.
-A lot of hand-holding and tutorials.
-Gyroscopic controls for the boss fights is miserable like for Zeekeeper for instance.
-Uninteresting, bland villain where his accent is the extent of his personality.

I haven't played the game though, just relaying stuff I heard of it.

Back