Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Rumble Falls has pretty obnoxious thorn hazards that deal way too much knockback, and there are some annoying ceilings, but other than that, I think I'm okay with Rumble Falls. I still think Spear Pillar is worse.

Hanenbow was a stage I always thouht got too much hate. It's really not that bad to fight on, and I think it has neat aesthetics, and it's relaxing that you can put no music in the stage.

But yeah, Spear Piller is such a shit stage. And such is 75m or Flat Zone.

it still hugely irks me that you have to shuffle through menus to access the sound options. i have no clue why you can't change the sound midmatch, you can do that in literally any pc game.

That would be amazing, actually.

I can imagine playing on Castle Siege, with Distant skies playing, but then my opponent has only one stock left and I play Roy's winning road. Oh my god...

well duh that was my suspicion from the very beginning

That would be amazing, actually.

I can imagine playing on Castle Siege, with Distant skies playing, but then my opponent has only one stock left and I play Roy's winning road. Oh my god...
Changing the music midmatch is something that would be really cool imo. As well as being able to adjust the sound and sfx and voices.

Lol I get reminded of when me and my sister turned off everything except sound effects so all we heard was characters shouting, moaning, getting interrupted by muted bombs, etc.

I'm fine with 75m and Flat Zone, but Spear Pillar can get speared with a pillar.
There's nothing wrong with Flat Zone. When it comes to walk-offs and hazards, it can do a lot worse.

Hell all three of those stages are from Brawl (Flat Zone is based on the Brawl version). I'm just reminded of how Brawl is home to some of the most unfun stages, and you left out Mario Bros. (Arguably one of the worst as the gimmicks are vastly overpowered, the ceilings everywhere make it broken to ceiling tech and let you survive at ridiculous percentages; they seriously need to disable teching at high percentages like at 150) and New Pork City. Smash 4 has Pac-Land, however!

And then Brinstar, which I love and dread at the same time. It has one of the absolute best music tracks in the series and cool terrain gimmicks, but the sudden acid fluctuation is a tad overpowered. At least it's not boring-but-dangerous like Norfair (much like it is in its game of origin).

I was never bothered too much by the moving acid. The pattern's actually predictable, and it's been like this in the original Planet Zebes.

I also like Norfair a lot, but maybe that has part to do with the lower ceiling blast line where people get Star KO'd more easily than in other stages.

Norfair's music is boring :P
Improvement over the original, which was so boring they made it near-unrecognizable in Brawl because there's no other way for it to be less boring (aside from what Zero Mission did, that was actually pretty cool).
Also scenery in Brawl stage is boring. Giant chamber of magma and.....that's about it.

we're talking about stages when a "return the stages" dlc would be much more interesting dlc than fighters for me at this point.

On the topic of stages, I hate PAC-LAND with the burning passion of 1000 Angry Suns and I hate that it's holding all the Namco songs hostage.

I love Pac-Land a lot. Easily the best worst stage in the game.

I can't really find it to hate any of the other stages since aside from PAC-LAND they all look aesthetically pleasing, and now with every stage having a Final Destination and Battlefield form I can enjoy those good aesthetics without having to worry about bad layouts. Like normally I hate Mario Bros. but I like its retro feel, so I just play it's Battlefield or Final Destination form.

But I hate PAC-LAND's layout AND aesthetics. MS paint lookin ass. Super baffled they didn't use PAC-MAZE.

My question is why didn't Pac-Maze make it in. It's like, the most iconic location from Pacman and it's not in. Tbh that makes me hate PacLand even more for some reason.

Reactions: JC.
People say that its power pellet gimmick and that the ghosts turn blue for you on your screen as it was made for the 3DS but I really don't see how it can't be retooled in some manner.

Exactly. You see everything this game is pulling off but now tweeking a stage is something that cannot be done as if the stage itself is like a sacred part of an ancient civilization. Idk much about how much time is put into these but if a game can put around 80 characters how all have unique models and animations, then it can include Pac-Maze and make it simpler.

That's why my theory of how they didn't return every single stage is not because of some gimmick or its incompatibility with stage morph or its redundancy with another stage. It's simply because they don't have time and resources to port every single stage so some of these become low on the priority list.

Yeah. I can see that.

It still kinda sucks tho, but it's nothing to really fuss over really. I just hate PacLand, that's about it.

Back