Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I realize that Mii costumes where the entire head of the Mii is covered get so much more excitement than the other kinds of Mii costumes says how little people actually care for the Miis themselves. ;P

I realize that Mii costumes where the entire head of the Mii is covered get so much more excitement than the other kinds of Mii costumes says how little people actually care for the Miis themselves. ;P

Counterargument:
1579628050464.png

Both costumes were popular indie games getting a fun kind of representation. That's not indicative of the opinions on Miis. That's people thinking is so cool that while they'd never actually get playable as themselves. It's the closest thing to it they can possibly do (Plus it also helps that Sans can work as a mask anyway and Cuphead could be a cartoon costuma ala a Disneyland/world costume) AND they come with music.

(To be honest it just leaves me a bit jealous that past costumes couldn't get the same deal. Tails and Knuckles should also be full mascot costumes and come with more Sonic music :V)

For me, the whole Mii costume thing is hilarious since I can always just mod the characters themselves in over a fighter if I really wanted them in.

If Knuckles was a costume in a future game, I'd accept only Unknown from ME as the only music he should come with. No other answers.

Even the meme one from SA1 is funny and I would love it.

Both costumes were popular indie games getting a fun kind of representation. That's not indicative of the opinions on Miis. That's people thinking is so cool that while they'd never actually get playable as themselves. It's the closest thing to it they can possibly do (Plus it also helps that Sans can work as a mask anyway and Cuphead could be a cartoon costuma ala a Disneyland/world costume) AND they come with music.

(To be honest it just leaves me a bit jealous that past costumes couldn't get the same deal. Tails and Knuckles should also be full mascot costumes and come with more Sonic music :V)
I mean, that parentheses comment kind of proves my point on even you want the most noteworthy part of Miis, the face, obscured. Miis are best treated as vessels for other playable characters; otherwise they generate so little buzz. Going by interest of modders, that people believed the "leaked" Cacodemon and Mallow hats indicates there are so little mods for Mii costumes in Ultimate, and even one mod, the popular Ch4os mod for Smash 4, even went out of the way to snarkily say they didn't make a moveset for the Mii Fighters. I guess there's quite a few Mii Fighter mods that outnumber some other character mods (Olimar not getting as many for instance, but haven't checked the mods), that can be an argument against what I'm saying in top of my own scope I established. In the competitive scene, I haven't seen a lot of representation for Mii Fighters but that might be due to caveats, not sure about overall popularity.

Last edited:
If Altair is a Mii Costume, hopefully Ezio will be a fully fledged fighter.

I doubt Assassin's Creed will receive full fighter representation. They should focus more on (reasonable) fan-requested characters, like Steve.

As soon as I have seen the opening of the Smash Direct out of curiosity on the mysterious fifth character, I knew that the Fighters' Pass is not for me, which is the same conclusion I came to as soon as the first character is announced
I still think it's also a matter of order. It feels like even if Nintendo determines to add more pokemons and Mario characters in Smash 5, they could still had managed to do a better order and leave the fun for the last. Making the FP doesn't worth as much as people expect of make the hype down slope is not a good thing.

I think this would affect people's willing for a second pass, cause people would have to risk that there are additions they really don't want within the realistic range of expectation. Of course if NIntendo really makes another bad selection of DLCs, they deserve the bad sales too.

It's not exactly a bad choice to put Byleth though imo.

As a company, they probably saw that Three Houses was becoming one of their most successful FEs (on its way to surpass Fates in terms of sales) they probably thought Byleth would be a good pick. And even then this is just DLC, so even if you ain't willing to play him well you might as well not buy him. Or if you bought the whole pass then at least if you don't want him then you still have 4 other fighters you paid for.

I mean ok, as one of this place's resident FE fans of course I'm gonna defend FE, but still. I honestly think Byleth is a worthwile addition to the roster, or at least a meaningful one who has their place. In any case, you should really just buy the whole thing if you're sure it's what you want, and you're willing to accept anything that comes with it.

It's not exactly a bad choice to put Byleth though imo..

I mean ok, as one of this place's resident FE fans of course I'm gonna defend FE, but still. I honestly think Byleth is a worthwile addition to the roster, or at least a meaningful one who has their place. In any case, you should really just buy the whole thing if you're sure it's what you want, and you're willing to accept anything that comes with it.
Its old topic now, like said, its not that Byleth isn't good as individual, but how Nintendo inserted him/her at this point is controversial if there are way more better ways and timing to do him/her, even if we don't talk about other Nintendo characters better or not.

There is some notable small things about the teach:
  • Male and female version have different victory poses
  • The character represented by spirits disappear from the background during the fights
  • When star k.o, at least the female version says "My tale ends here!"
  • Also, regarding Cuphead, unlike Sans, the song isn't remixed

There's more music from Style Savvy and that's also not even a repped series.

Back