Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Lucario said:
But well in the end it should all come down to skill. A skilled Puff player should be able to play her no problem.

But I guess you do have a point in that she objectively is one of the worst characters.
Of course it should. Jigglypuff is still not to be underestimated by a skilled player. It's just that on the grand scheme of things, she has trouble netting significant wins. Jigglypuff seems to do better in doubles, where mobility helps more as well as Rest support, but I don't know who's worse in doubles...

Solid Snake said:
is that Screen/Star K.O.s aren’t guaranteed, making rest much worse than it should be.

This change should have never happened in the first place.

So...

Is the Smash blog down now? Because last update we got was Jigglypuff, which was two days ago!

Lucario said:
So...

Is the Smash blog down now? Because last update we got was Jigglypuff, which was two days ago!

There was a bit of weirdness last night. At around 9 PM EST they put up the Fake Smash Ball item.

But then like less then an hour later, they pulled it from every site except the Japanese version of the site. And right now that still seems to be the case.

Very odd, it's not like there was a translation error or anything as those who know Japanese compared the English and Japanese descriptions and they were mostly accurate to one another. So who knows what the reason was for. It probably doesn't mean anything big really, but still an odd day to say the least.

The site finally updated with the Fake Smash Ball and now a Galaga medley.

The Galaga medley is excellent, btw. Can't wait to hear the full thing.

Ok yeah this is great. One of the best tracks so far imo

love that stage, hopefully the stage transitions will be in this game's 8-player smash

I would love it if that stage or any other Star Fox stage to include music from Star Fox Adventures. Like Meteo (Rock version), Thorntail Hallow (Afternoon and Night versions are my favorite), Darkice Mines, Krazoa Palace, Krazoa Shrine.

So Wario is today's character update on the blog, likely to coincide with the release of WarioWare Gold.

Hey Sakuari, isn't there some other character from the WarioWare series you want to show off? Hmmmmm???

It's Ashley in case you didn't know.

Yeah, I want to see the return of the Gamer stage and the killer mom.

I'm probably only one who is so slow to realize the star/stage ko by background I never noticed until I did, they changed spin to frontal spin.

Yeah, it's sorta like Corrin's Star KO animation in Smash 4 except more explicit that it's tumbling away from you rather than showing the side.

I wonder how characters that normally face towards you (Kirby, Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff) will animate...

either way, I adore the new Star KO animation. Additionally, they made a Boss Galaga carry the Star KO'd guy away during the animation and that's hilarious too.

Rodin's assist trophy is the blog post today

...AND Delfino Plaza has been stealth confirmed. Fully expected it to come back, but glad to have confirmation regardless

Both are great and I'll be looking forward to them.

I don't know why some people think that something will get revealed at EVO which is happening now. I doubt anything will get revealed.

Back