Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Nothing new got revealed but we did see what happened when Palika turns the stage upside down when Frigrate Operation also turns up sidedown, it's like fighting on the ceiling

I wonder how All-Star mode will function with all of those characters in Ultimate. I hope it was like in Brawl, sorted by series and continues are allowed.

George Jones said:
I wonder how All-Star mode will function with all of those characters in Ultimate. I hope it was like in Brawl, sorted by series and continues are allowed.

I'd rather have Melee's randomness return.

I don't want All-Stars Mode back.

Or those "Beat X with all characters" "challenges".

this has nothing to do with anything

but

With the the graphical overhaul that the Melee stages are getting, I need Brinstar Depths. Poor Kraid hasn't been seen since Zero Mission.

There's a new Brinstar Depths remix so there's hope. We've only seen three Metroid stages in the game so far, plenty of room for another.

J & Siph said:
I hope we don't have to deal with the Wii U Classic Mode again. What was up with that?

It was terrible, while I have no problem beating it on 9.0 on the 3DS, it is near impossible to do it in the Wii U version due to hellish fights before the Fighting Mii Team, and don't tell me about the last transformation of Master Core on that version, Master Fortress. It is near impossible, even with two lives.

Trying (and failing) to prevent myself from being hyped by the possibility of an ashley reveal wednesday

Deku said:
I honestly think the most likely reveal is either Ashley or a Gen VII Pokémon.

Same here, though leaning towards Ashley; she's a pretty common suggestion, and given Gold just came out now would be the perfect time to reveal her if she made the cut

Certainly would be down with her, she's not quite one of my most wanted but I think she'd be a good and fun addition overall

Glowsquid said:
Trying (and failing) to prevent myself from being hyped by the possibility of an ashley reveal wednesday
she's just an assist trophy

please mr. sakurai im just trying not to get my hopes up and i can't wait any longer

i even drew art to keep my expectations in check https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38827.msg2018280#new

George Jones said:
J & Siph said:
I hope we don't have to deal with the Wii U Classic Mode again. What was up with that?

It was terrible, while I have no problem beating it on 9.0 on the 3DS, it is near impossible to do it in the Wii U version due to hellish fights before the Fighting Mii Team, and don't tell me about the last transformation of Master Core on that version, Master Fortress. It is near impossible, even with two lives.

I like how when you mod your character, the easiest part of the Master Core fight, the Master Shadow, becomes the most difficult part of it.

if there ever is a story mode, i sure hope it's better planned out, as brawl's felt very generic

"hey what's your favorite area in subspace?"
"oh you know The Plains"

also i'm really hype for the direct. i don't know about characters but i'll hopefully be glad with anything they pull out

maybe a demo???

George Jones said:

My guess is you'll fight them in numerical order (i.e. the order they first appeared in Smash).

I mean, I'm hyped and all, but a full length Direct with just Smash...isn't appetizing.

Anyway, on the bright side, PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one going back to Sm4sh for training.

Back