Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I agree with everything BLOF just said.

If there’s a story mode and you’ve gotten so far, imagine when restarting the game you’re spending 5 minutes being notified of the characters you unlocked. That happened to me when playing Brawl for the first time after being halfway done with Subspace.

As much as I would love to see a new story mode, it would be extremely unlikely seeing that they would have to implement every character in some way.

It would definitely be an awesome surprise, but I'm not expecting anything like the Subspace Emissary.

Here's a question I had for awhile:
ss_5.jpg

Pikachu seems to be under the effect of an item that makes him gold, as this stage didn't have this effect in the past.
So, the question is, what item is it and what does it do beyond making you gold?
I'm willing to bet this item is the Golden Flower from NSMB 2 and it will give you a stronger effect version of the Metal Box.

One thing is sure tho...

Squirtle and Ivysaur's reactions are p r i c e l e s s.

Seems like we're getting a new item if that is the case however. Unless it's an alt of Pikachu exclusive to this game.

Actually the real question of that photo is how are Squirtle and Ivysaur both on the same stage at once? Whatever happened to that one Pokémon at a time routine?

Huh yeah

Same thing happened in Pokemon Trainer's individual trailer... although that might be how they come in for the Final Smash...

As for here though... yeah... something like that was even done in the Ultimate reveal trailer, when they showed PT's part.

Whatever that implies tho we just gotta wait and see I guess.

You do know that multiple people can play as the same character right? That is the purpose of alternate costumes, so people can tell each other apart while they’re all playing the same character.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I'm probably the person who would miss customs the most and didn't want them gone. I loved them, and they added more uniqueness to separate characters. Plus they were fun to mess with.

The unlocking process is ass though, that is what I'll agree with.

Yeah, the unlocking process was the most tedious part for acquiring the custom special moves. They probably would've had more competitive potential if you didn't have to put in a lot of time to unlock them all.

Solid Snake said:
You do know that multiple people can play as the same character right? That is the purpose of alternate costumes, so people can tell each other apart while they’re all playing the same character.
I think the question is how are both the Squirtle and the Ivysaur of the first Pokemon Trainer colour both out at the same time when you can't pick the same colour as another player, both don't appear at the same time outside of the Pokemon Trainer's final smash which this image isn't showing.

It's probably just a photo taken in a build where that restriction hasn't been applied to the game. Just like how Falco's trailer shows his hitboxes in one scene that likely isn't going to be a feature in the final release.

Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
Solid Snake said:
I think the question is how are both the Squirtle and the Ivysaur of the first Pokemon Trainer colour both out at the same time when you can't pick the same colour as another player, both don't appear at the same time outside of the Pokemon Trainer's final smash which this image isn't showing.

It's probably just a photo taken in a build where that restriction hasn't been applied to the game. Just like how Falco's trailer shows his hitboxes in one scene that likely isn't going to be a feature in the final release.
There's that Congratulations screen from SSB Wii U for Mega Man (Classic) and Mewtwo (All-Star), which is impossible to recreate in the actual game.
800px-SSB4-Wii_U_Congratulations_All-Star_Mega_Man.png

800px-SSB4-Wii_U_Congratulations_Classic_Mewtwo.png

I think the Miis will be starter characters like in Smash 4, when I mean "starter" it means you will have to create a Mii fighter to be playable, no unlock battle just like in Smash 4.

Octo-nite8 said:
There's that Congratulations screen from SSB Wii U for Mega Man (Classic) and Mewtwo (All-Star), which is impossible to recreate in the actual game.
800px-SSB4-Wii_U_Congratulations_All-Star_Mega_Man.png

800px-SSB4-Wii_U_Congratulations_Classic_Mewtwo.png

Those aren't the only offenders either. A lot of the Challenges screenshots are literally impossible to recreate without hacking exploits. For example, it's impossible to have Giga Bowser and Giga Mac present at the same time, and yet we have the following screenshot...

SSB4_Wii_U_Challenge_136.png

Similarly, Assist Trophies never appear at all in Master Fortress, so you can't recreate the following screenshot, period.

SSB4_Wii_U_Challenge_96.png

But one of the most notable things that you literally can't recreate involve All-Star mode's rest area, since no more than two players can actually be present there.

SSB4_Wii_U_Challenge_107.png

The Golden Pikachu is probably an asset from Golden Plains?

Russian Baby Luigi said:
The Golden Pikachu is probably an asset from Golden Plains?

I think I've read somewhere that Pikachu's golden appearance has something to do with Xerneas.

f-zerOOOOOO

And for my entire life I have preferred Mute City's music.

Well ain't things the way they are no more.

Back