Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

But Waluigi has been one of the most prominent assist trophies in Smash. Yet the only time they’ve shown him as an assist trophy is the presentation, not the demos at E3 or tonight’s tournament. I find that direction to be...suspicious if you ask me.

Gamefreak75 said:
Today's update is the video showcase of Pichu.

Hopefully they get these out of the way asap so we can get to the new stuff.
At the very least we'll get some music. Hoping for some Sun and Moon tracks since we've yet to hear any new pokemon songs. All we've heard have been remixes from past Smash games.

supermariofan said:
But Waluigi has been one of the most prominent assist trophies in Smash. Yet the only time they’ve shown him as an assist trophy is the presentation, not the demos at E3 or tonight’s tournament. I find that direction to be...suspicious if you ask me.
You know what else is suspicious? A vague shadow of a popular character moving around like a playable character with no comment on it for months. We know how that turned out.

I don't think we'll be seeing a significant amount of new stuff with these short update posts, aside from items or seeing a returning stage we don't know about in a random screenshot.

No doubt there will be another direct with a focus on smash before release and any worthwhile new info will come from that.

Gamefreak75 said:
Today's update is the video showcase of Pichu.

Hopefully they get these out of the way asap so we can get to the new stuff.

If they continue a current trend of 4 fighters a week (Though it was only 3 at first for a bit) they'll run out of fighters by October.

To be honest I'm starting to feel reveals will go like this: We'll get one character reveal in an general Nintendo Direct in August (May even just be an Echo fighter so it's nothing big yet), then pretty much nothing until October or even November where we get a big Smash direct with at least two reveals and a big load of information on modes and everything.

I know this is pretty much an edit, but apparently Look what this voice Actress (supposedly) did.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637586/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

I think that there will be a classic mode, but if All-Star mode reappears and you unlocked ALL the characters it will be a pain to clear. Training mode It most likely will appear, there may be more characters announced, but Nintendo said that they will be announcing new characters, if any closer to December.

I can’t see All Star more getting scrapped. It’s a traditional mode now and considering how big the roster is completing it will be considered one hell of a challenge.

It’ll be intresting to see how Classic mode is done this time round, my feeling is that they will most likely revert to the style in the first three smash games but I can see the intensity feature almost certainly coming and probably Master Core as well.

NSY said:
I can’t see All Star more getting scrapped. It’s a traditional mode now and considering how big the roster is completing it will be considered one hell of a challenge.

It’ll be intresting to see how Classic mode is done this time round, my feeling is that they will most likely revert to the style in the first three smash games but I can see the intensity feature almost certainly coming and probably Master Core as well.

I would highly appreciate it if they made Classic mode the way it always has been.

I want Classic mode to not try to throw you into an 8 player battle every match.

Ridley said:
I want Classic mode to not try to throw you into an 8 player battle every match.

8-player smash should stay in vs mode because that's where it's at its most fun and it's out of place anywhere else.

Wait, are you guys saying you wouldn't love for one of the challenges to be completing All Star mode on the hardest difficulty using Pichu? :koopa:

Eh, All-Star mode in Smash 4 in hard isn't that bad. Olimar probably had the hardest time because the knockback scale doesn't apply to projectiles, so he couldn't use his smash attacks as effectively as other characters should and has to rely on tilts to kill.

https://twitter.com/TheRapture_/status/1018855691480719365?s=19

*scrolls down*

...good

I have seen Ridley cross-dressing as Captain America.

I can now die a happy man.

Yeah....not really feeling this one, tbh. Maybe it'll grow on me the more I listen to it.

I really hope they include the original Snake Eater and the Instrumental version from Brawl. Those two tracks were phenomenal.

I think it's pretty good but it would been so much better with the singer Cynthia Harrell in it.

I still prefer the original version though. One of the main reasons I enjoy it is the slower pace to begin with.

You know what I realize? It’s not just new characters the DK series is lacking, but the music department could use some fixing as well. Why do we need 60 versions of Jungle Hijinx when we could use music from DK64 and Donkey Kong Country 2. I think both games have the best music in the Donkey Kong franchise and the only tracks they could use are Bramble Blast and the DK Rap?

Back