Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

It sounds very bondish. Very appropriate. I like it.

Yeah, not digging this version. Sounds more like a generic Smash version. Not sure what the hell is Smash's boner for guitar and orchestra, but it doesn't work well here.

Actually it's doing the guitar orchestra thing because that is what the james bond theme sounds like.

It's a different kind of guitar, though. And it has a different atmosphere to it. The Smash "remix" one sounds like a generic fight song. The other sounds more like a big band.

That's because one is a theme song and the other is a fight song but the core of what it is rooted in James Bond.

Which since MGS3 is a giant tribute to 60s spy stuff including James Bond, that's to be expected.

I mean, the original version of the song already sounds like it belongs in a Bond opening so I guess something in the Bond theme style is fitting.

this version sucks
barely even reminds me of the original

I would love if there’s a Detective Pikachu Costume for Pikachu for DLC, not only do you get the costume, but you get to hear Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu to promote the upcoming movie.

unless costume DLC is REALLY good, like exceptionally good, then it should be free

If anything he'd be voiced by Kaiji Tang, who voices him in the game.

I'd be fine with this because Owain will never be in Smash and it would be as close as I would ever get.

Brawl, despite being overly grimdark, still has my favorite theme in the series. idk it stands out the most by being orchestrated, lyrical, and having a darker sound.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Brawl, despite being overly grimdark, still has my favorite theme in the series. idk it stands out the most by being orchestrated, lyrical, and having a darker sound.
Exactly. Which is why I think the theme for Smash 4 is 5 steps backwards and doesn’t even remotely sound like a fighting game. Thankfully Ultimate is way better.

Brawl's theme is grandiose and epic and honestly I think it works for a game as ambitious as Brawl. For having the weakest gameplay of the series, Brawl might have the best soundtrack of all of them. Some of the arrangements from Brawl are down right legendary. It's no wonder many of them continue to see use even in Ultimate.

In terms of main themes, for me it goes like this:

1. Brawl
2. Ultimate
3. Melee and Smash 4 tied
4. Smash 64.

I don't dislike any of these. I'm a little indifferent to 64's "main theme" that's not much of a main theme, but I think the main themes from Melee onwards have all been stellar.

I don't even know what 64's main theme is. What is generally considered its main theme? Can't be the menu, can't be the fighter select, can't be the credits, can't be the opening music. There isn't a consistent theme I'm hearing from that game.

Princess Mario said:
I don't even know what 64's main theme is.

For me it's the menu theme.

I think this is like the third time I write this here but I way prefer the cool and minimalistic presentation of SSB64 over the self-serious, "epic" direction the later games went for,

I certainly prefer the punching, electric and crowd sound effects from 64's international version than from any other game or version. I also like how characters are electrocuted in Smash 64.

And I think the art style is also superior over the later ones too, if we're going by game art. It maintains the inherent ridiculousness of Smash Bros.. Everyone looks so derpy, cartoon effects are all over the place, and you get to see characters performing their special moves.

Smash_Bros..png

800px-GroupArt-SSB64.png

I do think the low budget has to play a part in the style though.

the only thing very wrong about smash 64 is pikachu being unbalanced and needs a nerf to even the playing field

After speaking out my nostalgia, I admit, I do like Brawl's main theme on its own merits.

Wait...I just noticed something. Other than Inkling who was already confirmed months prior to E3, the first newcomer Sakurai introduced to us was Daisy. Then at the end of the announcement he added Ridley. So Daisy and Ridley are added—waaaaaaaait. Daisy...and Ridley? Daisy and Ridley? Daisy Rid—OH MY GOD!!!! Nah it’s probably just a coincidence.

That joke has already been made numerous times and it's kinda not funny anymore.

It was never funny.

Back