Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Mewta said:
tumblr_pbq60676Y21ufr0jio3_1280.jpg

Dere he is

I have a feeling that all the fighters from Smash 3DS / Wii U will just reuse their artwork poses from that game, assuming that they get re-released later on.

Which is a shame really, since people like Link, Meta Knight and Lucario have some pretty swell looking poses.

Oh well.

I think the vast majority of Ultimate's poses are a lot more lively than Smash 4's. Luigi's in particular was really awkward in Smash 4, I know it's part of one of his taunts but it looks weird for his official pose to be him standing at attention. The Ultimate pose is more in character for him.

Link needs one tho since he got a completely new design in terms of appearance. TP Link ain't around anymore. In fact, let Zelda and Ganondorf have new amiibos too, because they both are not their TP selves anymore.

Master of Dimensions said:
I think the vast majority of Ultimate's poses are a lot more lively than Smash 4's. Luigi's in particular was really awkward in Smash 4, I know it's part of one of his taunts but it looks weird for his official pose to be him standing at attention. The Ultimate pose is more in character for him.

Well Luigi's thrusting his ass at you in his Ultimate pose so...

Cloud was still Japanese in the demo.

I imagine Roy will be in English too. Especially since I think he has the same English VA as Marth.

oh boy a chance to nerd

Marth has been voiced by Yuri Lowenthal since Fire Emblem Warriors. Roy is voiced by Ray Chase in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Well someone told me Yuri Lowenthal voiced Roy but I guess I was lied to.

Anyway fun fact, it's been one month since E3 and so far the website has highlighted 18 different characters. 50 more to go not counting any potential newcomers.

So if Snake AND Palutena are in the game, I wonder how the codec calls and Palutena’s guidance would work?

Would Palutena pull a Slippy on Shadow Moses Island if Snake is fighting her?

Would Snake interfere with Pit and Palutena when Pit is fighting Snake?

Ike is now voiced by Greg Chun, Marth is voiced by Yuri, Roy is voiced by Ray Chase and depending if she has time in the schedule or they just reuse her Smash 4 voice clips, Lucina is voiced Alexis Tipton instead of Laura Bailey.
As for Cloud, the main thing that's getting in the way is that Steve Burton isn't usually a voice actor, in fact, if I heard right, Cloud is the only character he's ever done voice work for, he is instead a live TV actor, blame Kingdom Hearts and it's high profile voice casting that made it that way and Square's refusal to recast.

Well we've yet to see if Roy is getting his english voice. We know Marth is but the Japanese voice actor was rerecording lines for him anyway so they may have just thought give him English lines since we're rerecording anyway. Roy himself looks like he's barely chnaged since SSB4 so there's a chance he'll just keep his SSB4 voice.

Lucina's lines are probably getting reused. Did Laura Bailey just retire from voice acting? She got replaced with Alexis Tipton in Dragon Ball as well.

Speaking of voices, I always thought they were pretty inconsistent when they made Donkey Kong sound like an actual gorilla, Diddy sound like a real chimp and Bowser like an actual dragon (Because when it comes to Smash, it’s more “edgy” that way), Yet Bowser Jr sounds like his normal self when I expected him to sound like a baby dragon. What the hell?! What would they do to K. Rool if he gets in?! Is he gonna sound like a real crocodile or give him a wacky cartoony voice?

Captain America said:
Well we've yet to see if Roy is getting his english voice. We know Marth is but the Japanese voice actor was rerecording lines for him anyway so they may have just thought give him English lines since we're rerecording anyway. Roy himself looks like he's barely chnaged since SSB4 so there's a chance he'll just keep his SSB4 voice.

Lucina's lines are probably getting reused. Did Laura Bailey just retire from voice acting? She got replaced with Alexis Tipton in Dragon Ball as well.
Tipton did Lucina's alts in Heroes and she did everything for Warriors. interestingly Bailey DID do Lucina in Heroes to begin with but she wasn't credited because of unions or some shit. so uh yeah either they're gonna reuse her Sm4sh clips or do new one's with Tipton's voice afaik. and my money is on tipton

Today's update is the video showcase of Pit.

Overall, aside from the Mega Man 4 music and amiibo if you want to count that, pretty lame week in terms of Smash announcements.

After watching that Smash tournament that happened today, still no one encountered a Waluigi assist trophy, and assist trophies have been popping up constantly. I’m starting to think Sakurai is trolling.

It's the same build as the E3 demo. If Waluigi wasn't included in that demo then of course he wouldn't show up now. Naturally a demo isn't going to have every assist trophy included.

People thinking he has a chance need to snap out of it. I know because I've been in this position before. I fought adamantly, saying that the shadow tease didn't disconfirm Ridley for Smash 4. This is that scenario all over again. Hell, the Ridley argument had more going for it since there was more ambiguity. Here they literally showed coming out of an assist trophy and doing the same thing he's done since Brawl. Waluigi is not happening.

I can still live with Waluigi not being playable tho. As at least assist trophy he's always secure.

However I feel some of the current assist trophies have more chance of getting in than him. For example, Krystal was considered for Brawl, but since her body build was pretty new for the devs AND they didn't have much time, they went for Wolf, who has a similar build to Fox.

You also got the likes of Takamaru, who were, mind you, considered since Melee. I think.

But you know, assist trophies aside, did you know that in Smash 4, Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto were considered?

Here take a look at that

It also says Ridley was seriously considered throughout the series, but only now they found a way to put him in.

But seriously, seeing Reggie duke it out with Iwata in the Mii trailer tho.

Today's update is the video showcase of Pichu.

Hopefully they get these out of the way asap so we can get to the new stuff.

Back