Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Not sure why they're calling the moves they use a generic "charging back and forth across the stage" and "powerful light beam" when the moves are obviously Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam, their exclusive moves.

Game Freak and the Pokemon Company are so stingy about their brand and copyright I would not be shocked if they were strict enough to restrict the use of attack names.

If Travis Touchdown becomes a playable character, I don’t want to just see how cool he could play, I want to see his suave charm and fourth wall breaking personality shed some light to him as well. In fact, I want him to do something similar to Snake’s Codec Calls and Pit’s Palutena guidance. He calls Sylvia and Sylvia fills Travis in on the opponent he’s fighting.

So as we know we only start off the roster with the oringnal 12 characters from Smash 64 and you you have to unlock the others.

Imagine if they decided to add rng loot boxes and the only way to unlock those characters if by opening those loot boxes. (As well as Stages, Throphies and whatnot). I hope to dear god it doesn't happen but imagine.

Captain America said:
Game Freak and the Pokemon Company are so stingy about their brand and copyright I would not be shocked if they were strict enough to restrict the use of attack names.
Sometimes I just wish they didn't get what they wanted at all just out of spite from the developers.

I can't wait to tinker with the Poke Ball frequencies so only the powerful legendaries spawn.

Not only that, but I also can spawn Electrodes and sometimes Inkay. I disabled Zoroark because he's not fun to play with. Also, you're forgetting Palkia, who is also not fun to play with.

Also, I don't know if Master Balls spawn as frequently as Poke Balls.

I don't get the idea of unlocking 50+ characters and starting with only 12, it is kind of crazy. Maybe Sakurai will have an option of not to unlocking all of those characters, I find it time consuming and it would take me a LONG time to reach my main. A week or two if you use the unlock methods that is not the battles, but all the characters may be unlocked the same day you bought it if you go the vs. route, if I would get to my main on either of the two ways if there isn't a option of unlocking all the characters at the start, I would prefer the VS. match total to unlock them. Maybe I would do 1 stock and opponents at 300 damage and go that route.

They should just have an unlock button combination to spare the headache.

He says he's making it much easier to unlock characters. So I'm suspecting that the tasks required to get them will be simple. Like to unlock Zelda you play a match on Temple or something.

He said it was a fast game, so we'll unlock them quickly guys.

I'm not a fan of having to unlock characters. I'd like to jump right into the game and start pummeling the crap out of Wario with my friends.

At the same time, if the character one is going to main is not one of the starting charcaters, that would invite them to try out other charcaters. So it's kinda cool by me, since none of the original twelve are my future main anyway.

I think it's also to be newcomer friendly. This will be a lot of people's first Smash game and having to chose a character from 70 right out the gate might be a little overwhelming.

If they're really going to start us off with the original 8 as was implied, we'd need to unlock, as of now, about 57 characters. The only way I can see that being feasible is to make a character unlockable in increments of 5 battles (assuming no alternate unlocks). IIRC, you need multiples of 10 battles for each unlockable character in SSB4 and I highly doubt anyone wants to do 570+ battles to unlock characters.

If they do go that route, I wonder if they'll have character randomly unlocked ala Mario Kart 8 or by Smash appearance/an alternate order that is the same across all games.

I'd prefer to have an option that'll let me unlock all characters from the start via Konami code or whatever.

Maybe there are more reasonable requirements. Instead of battling X times, what about battling on Mario stages gives you Mario unlocks and battling on Pokemon stages gives you Pokemon unlocks? And maybe characters who don't have stages can have just the normal amount of battles.

There will most likely be more than one way to unlock characters. Such as a condition that is fitting but special or that will be potentially harder, and then an easier but long way in the form of X VS matches. Although X Vs. matches really isn't long when you can have 1-stock, handicap with 300%, and finish a match in like 10 seconds.

I can picture a Challenges type menu where you can see the how to unlock all the characters but you are also given 5 Golden Hammers to bypass the requirements to unlock five of your favorites and get them right off the bat.

Regarding Final Smashes:
I think these are the ones that are going to change:
Mega Lucario
Super Dragon
Peach Blossom

The former two are transformations and the latter is really slow paced

This probably also kills the chance of Greninja getting an Ash Greninja themed final smash

Greninja and Lucario could still transform for the cinematic. Mewtwo does it. I can see Greninja changing to Ash-Greninja and using that giant Kienzan like water shuriken from the anime.

For Lucario, he can have his Brawl final smash and just become mega when he does it.

Back