Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Your reaction: Smash Ultimate DLC is announced, but it's not new characters. We still have a few more newcomers in the base game though, but the DLC period is spent entirely on a full subspace style story mode.

Everyone said:
What if they are developping the story mode now? They didn't reveal every detail of the game.

There is still a few months before the game releases, and I don't really know how much time does a story mode take to program, but if they've been working on it for a while, I could see it happening, especially because Sakurai's reason for not doing that in Smash 4 was... say... underwhelming to say the least.

Also... heck yeah. That's like Infinity War with Video game characters, and I would love to see what would they do with 68 characters... but I don't know if echo fighters would be in there, or at least not have a significant role.

The best part about the whole thing is how unexpected some of these pairings were, like Mario and Pit, Link and Yoshi, Meta Knight with Lucario and Snake. This needs to come back.

Captain America said:
Your reaction: Smash Ultimate DLC is announced, but it's not new characters. We still have a few more newcomers in the base game though, but the DLC period is spent entirely on a full subspace style story mode.

That would be really nice and amazing, assuming the Subspace style story mode fixed the problems I had with Brawl's Subspace.

Captain America said:
Depends. If I get most of the characters that I want and are highly likely in the base game, then I'll definitely be hyped, but if I was counting on DLC to bring in those same newcomers, then I would still be hyped but slightly disappointed.

If there actually is story mode, I want there to be actual dialogue, and I mean from characters who actually have talked in their own games, so excluding the Mario characters, Mega Man, Game and Watch, and PAC Man. Just imagine the pick up lines Snake would have for Samus if they were to team up in Story Mode.

Well, Mario characters usually do talk in their games, just in text-boxes and usually not Mario nor Luigi.

supermariofan said:
so excluding the Mario characters
Mario talks in Fortune Street

yes I'm reaching but please

Also if there is a Story Mode, I want to see ALL characters added, not for post story like Toon Link, Jigglypuff And Wolf, and not as a last minute appearance like Sonic.

I want a story that doesn't take itself seriously :-X

If there is a story mode, I'll watch as Mario gets turned into a trophy maybe 3 times in a row while the rest of the cast gazes in horror.

I would also like it to be a bit longer. I’m not saying Final Fantasy long, but longer than Subspace which was two hours. Maybe a little over FFFFFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOUUUUUUUUURRRRR HOOOOOOOUUUUURRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!!

Wario's bike should fly off to the right and explode.

Sakurai's a man, not a god.

I find 4 hour stories aren't an inherently bad thing.

I mean I was about ready for SSE to end, and then the great maze happened.

Mcmadness said:
I find 4 hour stories aren't an inherently bad thing.

I mean I was about ready for SSE to end, and then the great maze happened.

You mean you don't enjoy having the final level as playing the entire game again?

My main question with a story mode is how they're going to handle Mario and Dr. Mario, are they going to be two different people, does Mario just decides to do some doctoring in the middle of the story?

Surely.

Brawl Zelda had to disguise herself as Sheik once and Zero Suit Samus put on her Power Suit to become regular Samus.

Would be pretty weird with Doctor Mario tho, because there's literally no reason for him to fight as a doctor.

Everyone said:
Surely.

Brawl Zelda had to disguise herself as Sheik once and Zero Suit Samus put on her Power Suit to become regular Samus.

Would be pretty weird with Doctor Mario tho, because there's literally no reason for him to fight as a doctor.
Unless maybe someone is badly wounded after a fight and he needs to check him up.

Dr. Mario goes inside someone to fight a disease which he can locate and diagnose.

That someone should be Bowser.

Back