Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Will be so pumped for a Smash Young Link, Ice Climbers, and Snake amiibo!!!

If only I can afford them...

Master of Dimensions said:
I'm hoping they also release the new poses for the Smash 4 veterans too, most of them are a lot more expressive IMO.
Luigi's amiibo would be bootylicious.

I'm hoping they also release the new poses for the Smash 4 veterans too, most of them are a lot more expressive IMO.

On this subject I actually just went a look at all the artwork and seeing which ones would probably require that stand that some of them use or not.

Would Require Stand
Mario
Ice Climbers
Pokemon Trainer (Whether they individualize the Amiibo or put them all together it looks like they’ll need something holding them together heh. Would probably be fine if it’s the Pokemon Trainer by himself though)
Sonic

Might need a Stand
Luigi
Yoshi
Kirby (Though I guess they could have Kirby tip-toeing maybe)
Fox
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Daisy
Sheik
Pichu
Falco
Wario
Diddy
Lucario
ROB
Toon Link
Villager
Greninja
Mii Brawler
Pac-Man
Robin
Duck Hunt

Would probably be fine
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Ness
Captain Falcon
Peach
Zelda
Dr. Mario
Marth
Lucina
Young Link
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Roy
Mr. Game And Watch
Meta Knight
Pit
Dark Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Snake
Ike
Lucas
King Dedede
Olimar
Wolf
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina
Little Mac
Mii Gunner
Mii Swordsman
Palutena
Shulk
Bowser Jr.
Ryu
Cloud
Corrin
Bayonetta (Though would probably need omissions just like the Smash 4 Amiibo)

If they do re-release the Smash 4 veterans, I really want an amiibo of Ultimate Ness. His pose is better than the Smash 4 pose and he's holding his trademark bat as a bonus.

Mr. Game & Watch would probably require a stand too.

I do hope that if Mario gets an amiibo, he'll be entirely floating in space.

If I remember correctly, they said the veterans wouldn't be getting new Smash amiibo during the Treehouse.

God I don't want them to re-release the Smash amiibo with their new forms. It was already hard enough getting them the first time, but it seems Japan is getting a restock of the old Smash amiibo so a new batch with different poses seems unlikely.

Also I'm pre-ordering the Ice Climbers amiibo the instant it goes up. I hope Nintendo has dropped the retail exclusive bullshit in America for good, especially now with TRU dead (RIP).

supermariofan said:
I think Waluigi not being playable is now a bigger meme than Leonardo DiCaprio not winning an Oscar pre-Revenant.
Speaking of that. It reminded me of when the Daisy costume got revealed for Mario Maker in January 2016, I said to myself:
"Daisy costume is in Mario Maker. What's next? Leonardo DiCaprio winning an Oscar?"

And later in February 2016, that happened.

Well, that's better than remixing Green Greens and Butter Building or a Super Star song for the umpteenth time so I'll take it.

Also, this is now my favorite song so far. Not biased.

Well the Ice Climbers and the veterans that didn't make the cut in Smash 4 will get their Amiibos. I can't wait until Snake gets his own.

The question is... will Snake's amiibo be in his Smash pose like the characters from Smash 4? Or will it just be the box? Because I really want it to just be the box, if only because I'll find it hilarious.

With Young Link being the character of the day, I just wanted to mention that he's one of the characters I'm most excited to play. I've always loved his play style and seeing him back after all this time, and being distinct from the two other Links has me very excited. Still praying for that Fierce Deity final smash. Triforce Slash would be so disappointing.

I agree, his final smash should either be that or anything related to only OoT or MM, but as far as his normal moveset goes, I wonder what they will do to make him not a clone of Toon Link. They gotta be around the same weight and speed so they need some distinctions.

Melee Young Link and Brawl Toon Link are already vastly different. Young Link, while lighter and faster than the standard Link, is nowhere near as floaty as Toon Link. That alone makes them fundamentally pretty different in terms of play style and movement options. His moveset seems pretty much the same as it was in Melee, so he keeps most of OG Link's moves. Toon Link has a distinct jab, nair, fair, bair, fsmash, up smash, fthrow, and back throw. Plus Young Link has fire arrows.

Back