Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Re: Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch

The animations... I'm not buying those. With BrawlBox, you CAN make custom animations. Below is a Brawl hack for Odyssey Mario. No Cappy, but it shouldn't be hard to work from that mod and add Cappy.

aAZKcFX.jpg

The UI does look a little different, but I'm not sure if Brawl modding offers the flexibility to show UI changes.

Some people are writing it off as a Brawl hack, but the high quality of the shaders make me doubt it's a Brawl hack.

I wanna say it's fake, albeit a very well done fake. Besides, if someone literally just had a copy of the game, wouldn't they show a lot more than what is given here?

EDIT: Someone on GameFAQs pointed out that the UI uses Gamecube controller button symbols. When you use the Gamecube controller adapter with the Switch currently, it registers as a Pro controller. While this could be changed for Smash, I still feel like it hurts this rumor.

Very well done fake pretty much, props to the creator. But yeah not quite real. Though both Spring Man and Decidueye are characters I wouldn't be surprised actually make it to the game. Wouldn't be surprised if this becomes something like the Palutena leak we once had where that did end up being fake. but Palutena did end up being playable after all

Easter Yoshi said:
But Cappy’s chances of being playable are now gone.

Cappy (by himself) has a chance at all? xP

Maybe Mario can cap throw in this game. So he might have the ability to capture! Kinda like Kirby!

Cool!

Northern Verve said:
Very well done fake pretty much, props to the creator. But yeah not quite real. Though both Spring Man and Decidueye are characters I wouldn't be surprised actually make it to the game. Wouldn't be surprised if this becomes something like the Palutena leak we once had where that did end up being fake. but Palutena did end up being playable after all

Easter Yoshi said:

That leak was not fake (Gematsu) It was just based on outdated info.

memoryman3 said:
Northern Verve said:

Easter Yoshi said:

That leak was not fake (Gematsu) It was just based on outdated info.

If you mean what I mentioned about Palutena. No, there was a completely separate by itself Palutena "leak" that seemed to show a render of Palutena in Smash. I completely understand that Gematsu was likely real, just based on an outdated list back when Sakurai was still considering Chrom and also considered the Chorus Men to represent Rhythm Heaven

There's something I run into a lot regarding cuts and whatnot. People seem to think in reverse. They act like they have all these characters ready to make and then they decide which ones to cut. In reality, they have a list of characters that have top priority and need to get done. If they have spare time then they usually make clones or other characters. So they don't exactly go in saying "these guys are getting cut" it's more like "we're putting them at the bottom of the list and we'll see if we have time to put them in".

But that doesn't make much of a difference in which ones are likely to be cut, right?

We can confirm 100% now that the Spring Man, Decidueye, Odyssey Mario, and Ice Climbers leak was fake. The person who made it has admitted it. And even at the same time showed a WIP of what would of been a pic of a Kirby Air Ride stage.

DbCGGAVWkAEug_7.jpg

DbCGGv-W4AAwG47.jpg

Never believed it to be real anyway. But now I am hungry for something new. I need a teaser, a trailer, something.

Captain America said:
Never believed it to be real anyway. But now I am hungry for something new. I need a teaser, a trailer, something.
The closest we have is the trailer for the E3 Invitational Tournament...which just shows Smash Wii U footage!

half of these are melee players

half of these are smash 4 players

perfectly balanced

Perfectly balanced would be 2 players of each game in the series including Brawl and the original Smash, with one of the SSB4 players using the 3DS version :P

On a more serious note, I wonder if these players are going to have any practice on the new game, and how much of it they'll get.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Perfectly balanced would be 2 players of each game in the series including Brawl and the original Smash, with one of the SSB4 players using the 3DS version :P
you forgot Smash Flash and Smash Crusade you asshole

How many Smash fangames are there anyway.

I've narrowed down my top 10 most wanted newcomers.

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Impa
4. Decidueye
5. Isaac
6. Dixie Kong
7. Simon Belmont
8. Toad
9. Ganon
10. Bandanna Dee

Captain America said:

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Impa
4. Decidueye
5. Isaac
6. Dixie Kong
7. Simon Belmont
8. Toad
9. Ganon
10. Bandanna Dee
I’m pretty sure Ganon was in Smash 4.

The only Mario character you added is Toad. Respect.

(I don't count DK characters when it comes to Smash even though they're technically Mario characters.)

Sunshine Yoshi said:
Captain America said:

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Impa
4. Decidueye
5. Isaac
6. Dixie Kong
7. Simon Belmont
8. Toad
9. Ganon
10. Bandanna Dee
I’m pretty sure Ganon was in Smash 4.
Nah. Ganondorf is though. And I've give up hope on him ever getting a moveset revamp. But this guy...
Ganon_fsa.png

Now THAT'S a character I want to play as.

J-Yoshi64 said:
The only Mario character you added is Toad. Respect.

(I don't count DK characters when it comes to Smash even though they're technically Mario characters.)
Because he's the only one we need.

I wonder what is the special character of the announcement for Smash this E3, because usually the most popular characters tend to be what gets people energised for the new game. It was Mega Man in 2014, while 2015 introduced Ryu (Street Fighter). While I know there are more than one playable character at that time, they still managed to make the character feel like a special addition (Villager and Wii Fit Trainer comes to mind).

If there's a character that is going to get people hyped, I think it would be Banjo Kazooie who was thought to be an impossibility due to RARE being under Microsoft, which makes their return a real showstopper. Extra points if said announcement is followed by some Banjo-Kazooie news that is related to Nintendo, like maybe a remake of Banjo-Kazooie on the Switch or maybe an N64 Classic featuring that game. I imagine a few new playables could even show up, namely in the Direct, so it remains to be seen what that character(s) is.

Thank you for reading.

If Ridley is in he will be shown at E3.

I predict at least one major popular first party character, maybe two, a third party (hopefully Simon) and then a few more minor first party characters. Guys like Toad and Decidueye who are hype, but not like K Rool or Ridley level. I also expect Ice Climbers to be shown.

Back