Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Re: Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch

The characters I see that have the highest chance of not returning are the 3 last minute additions, Greninja and Corrin (parent developers may push for newer characters) and I guess any third party character not Sonic aren't technically safe.

As I said in another thread, if we DO get any new Mario characters playable, then we're probably going to see others cut from the roster.

i think its time to cut jigglypuff

she had a good run, but she's a useless pile of crap and nobody has played as her since melee

like seriously, how popular is jigglypuff over in japan that they felt they absolutely needed to have her in the wii u and 3ds games

If we could add a Zelda character, I'd choose Impa.

Magikrazy said:

she had a good run, but she's a useless pile of crap and nobody has played as her since melee

like seriously, how popular is jigglypuff over in japan that they felt they absolutely needed to have her in the wii u and 3ds games

It's pretty much too late for that now. Even if by chance they do decide to leave Jigglypuff out of the main game. I'd HIGHLY expect them to include Jigglypuff in DLC. But I feel she's likely to be kept just out of tradition, plus she's a relatively easy character to develop.

(Also for some reason I like using her in Smash 4 more then I have in any previous game. Don't know why, I just do)

J-Yoshi64 said:
As I said in another thread, if we DO get any new Mario characters playable, then we're probably going to see others cut from the roster.

Why would adding any new Mario characters mean someone has to go? We still have a likely chance of just about everyone coming back through the roster being ported over. With the only reason for anyone being cut is if the 3rd party companies decline to a re-issuing of the license. Or there's a mechanic from the previous game that's missing that the character was essential to. (Even then that mostly just leads to a slight revamp. Like Shiek and Zero Suit Samus being seperate characters, or Charizard being alone all because the 3DS can't process transformations in Smash)

Northern Verve said:
Magikrazy said:

It's pretty much too late for that now. Even if by chance they do decide to leave Jigglypuff out of the main game. I'd HIGHLY expect them to include Jigglypuff in DLC. But I feel she's likely to be kept just out of tradition, plus she's a relatively easy character to develop.

(Also for some reason I like using her in Smash 4 more then I have in any previous game. Don't know why, I just do)
Maybe because she actually looks game accurate now and not dead inside.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

https://kotaku.com/microsoft-executive-is-open-to-putting-banjo-in-the-new-1823955922

One of my brother's mains is Jigglypuff, so I can see him being upset if she got cut. Plus, she's a veteran.

Northern Verve said:
J-Yoshi64 said:

Why would adding any new Mario characters mean someone has to go? We still have a likely chance of just about everyone coming back through the roster being ported over. With the only reason for anyone being cut is if the 3rd party companies decline to a re-issuing of the license. Or there's a mechanic from the previous game that's missing that the character was essential to. (Even then that mostly just leads to a slight revamp. Like Shiek and Zero Suit Samus being seperate characters, or Charizard being alone all because the 3DS can't process transformations in Smash)
I was thinking more so the roster wouldn't be so heavy with Mario characters. We had seven in Sm4sh (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Dr. Mario, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr.), and that just seems like a bit much to me.

I was predicting that the game might get delayed back to 2019, but now I'm sceptical about that if they will have a playable build ready by E3.

J-Yoshi64 said:
One of my brother's mains is Jigglypuff, so I can see him being upset if she got cut. Plus, she's a veteran.

Northern Verve said:
J-Yoshi64 said:

I was thinking more so the roster wouldn't be so heavy with Mario characters. We had seven in Sm4sh (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Dr. Mario, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr.), and that just seems like a bit much to me.
Well Mario is by far Nintendo's most recognisable franchise...so why would they cut any Mario characters?

Cutting Doc is not going to give them more development time.

Looks like there will be third parties galore. Wouldn’t be surprised considering that Smash Wii U and 3DS gave third parties so much more love than we thought.

https://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-switch-third-party-characters/

supermariofan said:
Looks like there will be third parties galore. Wouldn’t be surprised considering that Smash Wii U and 3DS gave third parties so much more love than we thought.

KNACK''S IN SMASH!!!

supermariofan said:

(Maybe you intended this as an April Fools Joke but just in case)

from said Article said:
It goes without saying that Super Smash Bros. is one of the most anticipated Nintendo Switch exclusives of the year. Even though we know very little about it, the pedigree of the franchise has left Nintendo fans very excited to see what the new game will bring to the table. We are still waiting on official details from Nintendo, but one rumor points to the new game featuring a lot of third-party characters.

This Super Smash Bros. rumor comes from “industry insider” Marcus Sellars, who has been “leaking” information on the upcoming game. Sellars does not provide evidence for his claims, but says he “independently verified” the information with his sources. In a since-removed tweet, Sellars said that “third parties will be heavily represented” in the upcoming game.

It’s worth pointing out that Sellars was supposedly fed this information from a Twitter user and Twitch streamer named ConnorEatsPants in an attempt to expose Sellars as a leaker of fake news. As previously stated, Sellars insists that he “independently verified” the information, but in light the ConnorEatsPants situation, fans should treat this rumor as almost certainly false until proven otherwise.

Marcus doesn't exactly have the best reputation. Take it with a grain of salt like any rumor.

Though I suppose on a more serious note. It might not be too surprising if 3rd party representation grows bigger. I mean we went from 2 in Brawl to 6 in Smash 4. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time Smash Switch has finished development and all the DLC has been released. We might have 10 or more 3rd parties.

If Rayman gets in, it'll be a dream come true. Though after that trophy reveal and that fake "leak" that fooled a lot of people, I don't want to go through that coaster again.

I've seen some suggest Pauline or Cappy to be playable, but I don't think they should be. The most they'll get is an assist trophy or one of Mario's moves in Cappy's case.

what exactly can Pauline do...?

If there’s one thing I want for this game, it’s the ability to restrict the assist trophies that can appear, like “Waluigi only”.

Oh, and Waluigi Pinball needs to become a stage in Smash 5.

On the subject of Assist Trophies, can we have Solaire of Astora as one. He would be a joke Assist Trophy (similar to Goldeen), just saying "Praise the Sun" before disappearing.

The leaks begin! Don't click the spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled (even though it's always more likely that these are fake)

GameFAQs thread

-Spring Man
-Decidueye
-Ice Climbers
-Mario with Cappy
-ARMS Stage
-Yoshi's Island Brawl stage

EthicalSmugAsianlion-size_restricted.gif

DCVThka.jpg

YxSCulf.jpg

rYGo9HJ.jpg

I'd take it with a grain of salt. There's been very convincing fakes before. Also:

I think Spring Man's leg movements don't look natural against the floor, and Ice Climbers look pretty Brawl-like compared to Mario

Back