Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Re: Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch

My number one pick if they do introduce a new third-party character would be Rayman, given Nintendo's recent partnership with Ubisoft for Mario + Rabbids, and his moveset in Origins and Legends is transferable to Smash as well.

I've got a friend driving down to meet me and another friend so we can all watch on Tuesday together. We started a groupme and the group avatar is K. Rool and most of it is K. Rool shitposting.

Are we setting ourselves up for disappointment? Maybe. But I think all three of us have K. Rool as our #1 newcomer. And even if he's not announced, we're still gonna see a bunch of new Smash content.

Man, Smash pre-release hype is the best.

i'm with you in spirit

he's my most wanted too

I am a bit apprehensive on what the character reveal is, because my most wanted character is also (based on the internet) a very controversial pick, so while I would be happy if the character is revealed, there will also be a lot of anger because it's would immediately be assumed that said character stole whatever wanted character the angered had wanted. I felt that most characters doesn't really interest me so I am afraid that I won't share the excitement that other people felt.

Thank you for reading.

I know that he's never going to happen, but my most wanted newcomer is Mike Jones from Startropics.

winstein said:
I am a bit apprehensive on what the character reveal is, because my most wanted character is also (based on the internet) a very controversial pick, so while I would be happy if the character is revealed, there will also be a lot of anger because it's would immediately be assumed that said character stole whatever wanted character the angered had wanted. I felt that most characters doesn't really interest me so I am afraid that I won't share the excitement that other people felt.
Which character do you want?

dropping my top ten here too:

1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. King K. Rool
3. Dixie Kong
4. Tibby (would also accept any other Rhythm Heaven character)
5. Ridley
6. Chibi-Robo
7. Isaac
8. Bomberman
9. Simon Belmont
10. Decidueye

honorable mention to Andy from Wars

I'm fully expecting Bandana Dee to be playable but

Who else pipedream Marx here

Bandana Dee is probably the most deserving but not gonna lie I'd probably find Marx more exciting

he's excellent in Star Allies

Here's my top ten newcomers list. Characters that are not blue (#7 on down) are ones that I don't want very strongly but I think would be cool.

1. Waluigi
2. Squid Sisters (this is my pipe dream choice)
3. Midna and Wolf Link
4. Shovel Knight
5. Ridley
6. Rayman

7. King K. Rool
8. Tetra
9. Deciduceye
10. Arms Character

As far as returning veterans, I'd like to see Ice Climbers (even though I'm bad at them). Snake would be cool but he's unlikely, and I'm pretty indifferent about Wolf and most others.

If there are any cuts, I'd cut Dark Pit, Wii Fit Trainer, and if there's a new FE character, Lucina.

Here's my top 5:

1. Ridley (it's time)
2. King K. Rool or Dixie Kong (new DK rep in general)
3. Banadana Waddle Dee, Marx, or Magolor (new Kirby rep in general)
4. Chibi-Robo
5. Shantae

Obviously not including veterans like Ice Climbers and Wolf, who would be #1 and #3 respectively.

Give me Duster.

add darker pit

I don't really have anyone particularly that I want in, they can add/exclude whoever as long as the game is fun. Dark Pit is just a meme but bring him back so I can joke about how he's in and x character isn't.

My top 10, after filtering out from another thread, would be:
1) Waluigi: The only one I need, so he's number 1 on that front. He is a very funny character and has a lot of traits that make him suitable for Smash, such as being easy to tell from the silhouette due to his unique body shape, displaying personality in the games he appears in, and appearing very often so he's not some obscure character. If he's in, the newest Smash will be a must-buy for me.

The next three characters are from puzzle games, because they don't have proper representation on what they do best. Dr. Mario didn't quite count due to being a clone of Mario, so his characteristics are not unique to him that couldn't already be done by Mario, not even Megavitamins since they are essentially Fireballs that bounce higher, neither to characters that happen to star in Puzzle games yet their main calling are elsewhere, like Yoshi.

2) Lip: For this and a few others, I am going to put Puzzle game characters here because they don't have any representation in the list, and of the few, I want Lip the most, since her appearance is never seen in the West due to how much cuteness the original Puzzle League games got, despite the gameplay appearing in the West in Yoshi, Pokemon and even Animal Crossing skins.
3) Mallo: Another puzzle game character. The Pushmo playable character will bring Sumo moves to the playfield, for he's a sumo-based character in case one wants to have sumo fighters in Smash
4) Arle Nadja: A third-party pick, and while Arle Nadja isn't from a puzzle game herself, the puzzle game has eclipsed the RPG series she hailed from, and due to licensing complications, Arle Nadja is stuck to Puyo Puyo and will never return to the original owner, who owns the RPG series but not Puyo Puyo and its associated characters (they are under SEGA).

Going back to other properties:
5) Dillon: The character has an incredible character design, as are his friends that include Nomad the sniper squid (predating Splatoon's Inklings). Due to that, a Smash popularity boost is what is needed for Dillon to become well-known.
6) Style Savvy lady: Style Savvy is a strange fit due to the focus on fashion, but it would be an eccentric choice.
7) Chibi-Robo: Although it might be it for this miniature automaton to get new games, Chibi-Robo is still a charming robot who does things, and now we know his plug can be weaponised!
8) Sukapon: Sukapon was off limits back in the Melee days due to legal issues, but with Sukapon no longer being in legal purgatory and is now Nintendo-based, we could have our very first limbless fighter! (assuming Rayman didn't get in first)
9) Commander Video: The only indie character that had a Smash trophy in Smash 4, Commander Video's a largely Nintendo-centric franchise due to the bit.Trip series starting on WiiWare and Runner3 being on Switch. He has the entire bit.Trip history to base his moves around.
10) Slippy Toad: I think Slippy is the most unique of the Star Fox crew, so him having a playable chance allowed more diversification among the Star Fox characters, even more so than Wolf, who many people view as being similar to Fox despite being somewhat different. Besides, Slippy's got Star Fox Guard to fall back on for material. (Not related to Toad from Super Mario Bros.)

I guess my choices are way unpopular around here except for Chibi-Robo.

Propeller Knight said:
I know that he's never going to happen, but my most wanted newcomer is Mike Jones from Startropics.

winstein said:
Which character do you want?

Waluigi. Sorry for beating around the bush, which I shouldn't have on a Mario forum. I suppose at least Waluigi is not as notorious as Tingle, who seems to have a negative stigma in America so despite his overall notability compared to most Zelda characters he's not likely to be playable due to that alone.

Thank you for reading.

Waluigi seems like a popular choice among Mario newcomers so I wouldn't be ashamed of that. I want him too. He's my 3rd most wanted after Fawful and Paper Mario. Probably the most likely of them to get in, I'm banking entirely on the possibility of Sakurai going left-field but still from recent relevance (the remakes) for Fawful, otherwise I'm not seeing him, and Paper Mario could potentially be disappointing even if he got in. He needs to not exclusively draw moves from 3DS-onward games, but if there's adequate material drawn from the first 3 he'd be hype as fuck.

I just showered to the Smash 4 theme.

We're at the home stretch fellas, the hype is real. Just one more day!

Because we're posting our top 10 most wanted characters, here's mine:
  • Mike
  • Bomberman
  • Shovel Knight
  • Rayman
  • Dixie Kong
  • Bandanna Dee
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Slime
  • K. Rool
  • Banjo-Kazooie

the character that I want that will never appear

bren mcguire
384989-turrican-ii-the-final-fight-amiga-extras.jpg

J-Yoshi64 said:
This is a character I really want, but not holding my breath for.

latest

Not a bad choice! After all Scribblenauts is a game that became a name thanks to the Nintendo DS's touchscreen.

Thank you for reading.

Back