Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I don't have a problem with adding music from newer games either, but I was hoping they'd give some love to older games that still have yet to get music representation.

HOLY SHIT

Apparently Ultimate came out early in Mexico or something because THE WHOLE GAME IS OUT THERE NOW.

Theres bosses, cutscenes, spirits, its a godamn minefield out there, so be careful if you don't want spoiled.

Jack Black said:
I honestly don't see the problem with adding music from newer games, they already have music from previous games so why shouldn't they add music from games that weren't out and didn't have music when the previous game released.
Because older games need representation too.
I'm still mad that Kirby 64 only has two songs, one of which is the level 1 theme and another is the same remix from Brawl.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
The new tracks from the Mario RPGs are disappointing. No new remixes and a majority of additions being from Paper Jam (which has good music, but still an obvious recency bias). Was hoping for something from Paper Mario 64 and/or Super Paper Mario, and some songs from Superstar Saga (the original story) but the only new Paper Mario track is from Color Splash. Welp. At least The Grand Finale isn't cut like I was afraid of before. But the recency bias is real here.

EDIT:
But I'm very happy to see that there are more spirits from the Mario RPGS, including Fawful and Dimentio, finally a game in which they both appear! I'm fine with the disappointing music selection now lol.
It'll be fun to think up Spirit pairs to use or send on expeditions.
Sometimes, you need to come up with your own interactions when you have the chance to do so.

*search for Baby Luigi*

Phrase not found

MOTHERFU-

"Mario"

1 of 50 matches (half being 25)

game match set

aside from a few that's just repeating title names

I will mod the shit out of this game, is what I'm getting from this.

Рождественский Малыш Луиджи said:
*search for Baby Luigi*

Phrase not found

MOTHERFU-
At times like this, there's only one appropriate tune:

I can nicely imagine this playing right as Baby Luigi's voice cuts off in the distance.

That'll be the only spirit she'll ever use.

I'll be using spirits only because they're quasi-equipment, speaking as one of the only people who cared about equipment in Smash 4.

I felt equipment was a waste of time.

Custom moves could have been cool, but most of them were lazy and uninspired, and they were way too much of a pain to unlock.

I liked using critical hitter + power build and then seeing you dish like 100%+ on characters whenever you use strong attacks. Or just punching them weakly and they take like 30% damage.

People usually don't bother with them but I find equipment and custom moves fun to play. For the latter, that assumes you unlocked them. The unlocking part is complete ass. If they didn't do repeats, it would be far more bearable, but they didn't, it's a hot mess. And that's not going into some horrible execution of the quality of those custom moves. You get things like Gust Cape, Whirlwind Kong, Upper Cutter, Lightweight, and Super Speed but then you get things like Chopper Kong, Garlic Breath, Ice Breath, Exploding Popgun, and practically all of Jigglypuff's customs.

Jigglypuff's Wakie Wakie is really fun in 8-player Smash though.

Rolling PK Thunder is really fun too because of how ridiculously powerful it is, both the projectile and the resulting PKT2

I made a few custom builds with equipment and special moves. I certainly remember Bowser being more fun to use in general with them, especially that one side-b dash.

Here's something that annoys me about how My Music works.

Yoshi's Island (Melee) is considered a Yoshi stage even though it's from Super Mario World. In Smash 4 it had Mario series tracks like the SMB3 Melee remix and the SMW Medley and the SMW Title/Ending track. In Ultimate, the only Mario track it has is the SMW Athletic Melee remix, the rest are Yoshi series themes.

They didn't even bother to include other Super Mario World music, not even the original Ground Theme! I am wondering if they might fix that or not. I kind of doubt it.

Also, the Tetris themes can't be played on Luigi's Mansion.

YoshiGo99 said:
Here's something that annoys me about how My Music works.

Yoshi's Island (Melee) is considered a Yoshi stage even though it's from Super Mario World. In Smash 4 it had Mario series tracks like the SMB3 Melee remix and the SMW Medley and the SMW Title/Ending track. In Ultimate, the only Mario track it has is the SMW Athletic Melee remix, the rest are Yoshi series themes.

They didn't even bother to include other Super Mario World music, not even the original Ground Theme! I am wondering if they might fix that or not. I kind of doubt it.

Also, the Tetris themes can't be played on Luigi's Mansion.
I thought they said that music restrictions were gone, and you can play literally any music you want on any stage?

Back