Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

My friend posited that maybe this guarantees more 3rd parties since Nintendo wants to strengthen their relationships with other companies. I guess we won't really know until they're shown.

Spooky Octo-nite8 said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:
Ornes are so trashy in Smash Run.
They annoying, especially in the room challenges (Survive: Normal).

And I hate the Clubberskull. They're hard to beat, even with a minimal amount of equipped powers.

Survive normal is actually a piece of cake. It's when they appear at the worst times, like say when you just beat a boss (or in the middle of fighting one) and you can't nab the powerups. Freaking sucks when that happens.

Clubberskulls are pretty tough to beat but the rewards to beat them are massive. Additionally, the sets where I use critical hitter + power equipment can make short work of them. PK Bonfire also kills them very, very quickly. I remember killing one with like only two of those, before it did anything.

Deku said:
I will say, this eliminates potential Sakurai bias, which is good news for Bandana Dee
This and the fact that Piranha Plant dilutes the roster a bit makes me feel like Bandana Dee should be a very likely pick for DLC, especially since he's one of the few characters who seems to have popularity both in Japan and overseas. Nintendo also wants to advertise Star Allies a bit more since we're likely on our way to being teased for Wave 3 in the near future.

Pink Heat Haze said:
My predictions

.Slime
.Jibanyan
.Bandana Waddle Dee
.Edelgard
.Euden

It saddens me that if Level-5 were to get a potential rep, it would be Jibanyan instead of Professor Layton. If this was back in the Wii U/3DS days, Layton would be the obvious choice but since his franchise has now been put on the backburner and Yokai Watch is doing really good in Japan and all right overseas, Jibanyan is the obvious choice.

This is coming from one of the 3 people on the forum who played Yokai Watch 1 and 2 and loves them both.

From what I understand, Nintendo provided a list of candidates to Sakurai, who would pick the characters that he want to make playable. This might still mean that he has some bias, but I feel that without seeing the planned list, there's no way to tell.

Thank you for reading.

My predictions will be:
- Bandana Dee
- Rex
- Hector (we need a FE axe user)
- Ephraim (we need a FE lance user)
- Edelgard (of course, this character will be an advertisement for a new FE game)

Which is sad, considering he actually had a chance but they disconfirmed him in the very last direct. His fanbase was a also pretty cool for all the people I knew who wanted him. Even I, who knows nothing of Goldon Sun reacted to him like someone who wanted him would.

But aside from the graveyard, we really have a great lineup of assist trophies here. My favorite new ones have to be Kapp'n, Chef Kawasaki, Shovel Knight, Moon, Black Knight, Hand and Flies, Thwomp and Guile. Even Isaac looks a lot better than the Brawl one, as it actually has more than one attack now.

In fact all assist trophies seem like they've gotten more elaborate programming in them. It's almost as it you could take control of one and it would still look like the character is actually part of the roster. Or maybe not, but you get what I'm saying right?

Gamefreak75 said:
It saddens me that if Level-5 were to get a potential rep, it would be Jibanyan instead of Professor Layton. If this was back in the Wii U/3DS days, Layton would be the obvious choice but since his franchise has now been put on the backburner and Yokai Watch is doing really good in Japan and all right overseas, Jibanyan is the obvious choice.

This is coming from one of the 3 people on the forum who played Yokai Watch 1 and 2 and loves them both.
I rather have Nate/Katie and Whisper over Jibanyan :O

Honestly there are more than enough FE characters, (while KI has too many for a series in which 2/3 games were commercial failures). FE isn't anywhere near as important regarding revenue-to-Nintendo as Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Kirby, yet if my slapdash math is right, it has more representation than any of those but the first and third. Honestly I think a Wars-based character would do better, at least then they'd add more variety.

Anyways, Bandana Dee doesn't matter to me (probably because I haven't obtained a Kirby game since Epic Yarn) let's have some Dark Matter, Marx, Pitch, or Buggzy!

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Anyways, Bandana Dee doesn't matter to me (probably because I haven't obtained a Kirby game since Epic Yarn) let's have some Dark Matter, Marx, Pitch, or Buggzy!
If you played any game in the series after Epic Yarn, you would understand why Bandana Waddle Dee is the most deserving Kirby character.

I am still not fully convinced that Kirby needs a fourth rep. The three that are already in feel much more important than any they could add now, and from the standpoint of a non-Kirby fan, they feel sufficient. However, I can understand why someone would think that they should add a fourth rep.

as a Kirby fan I think the three characters represent it fine. I'd certainly be down with like BWD or Marx but I can't say I want a new character as much as other Kirby fans

The real question is, why does everyone want Marx over Nightmare? Nightmare was the first real Kirby villain (no, Dedede is not a real Kirby villain), while Marx isn't nearly as significant. Not to mention Marx has already been confirmed dead, while Nightmare hasn't been. I should also mention that Nightmare was the main villain in the Kirby anime, while Marx didn't appear at all,

I know that Nightmare has already been deconfirmed for Smash, but everyone seems to overlook Nightmare and request Marx, and I don't know why. Nightmare's better anyway imo, and putting Marx in Star Allies as a Dream Friend and not Nightmare was a crime.

But ultimately, for this Smash game, Bandana Dee is the only Kirby character who is significant enough to get in.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Super backdrop, charge, release li'l ladybugs, fly.

There, four special attacks.
Special attacks do not a fighter make. He needs at least 20 more moves.

Back