Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Marx is from one of the better Kirby games and is my favorite Dream Friend both character- and gameplay-wise, whereas I don't care much about Nightmare and wouldn't pick him as a fighter over any of the Dream Friends or even a couple of others

If another Kirby rep doesn't get in, I'm not going to be absolutely devastated, but I think at least this point the franchise is well-deserving of one. Typically, I argue Bandana Waddle Dee because he's one of the most relevant Kirby characters right now, but literally almost any other Kirby character would work equally as well in my book.

If Marx actually gets in though you best believe I'm losing my mind

Why would ya want a regular Bugzzy when you can have the Taco-loving Fred the Spanyard, one of the great Neglected Mario Characters?

briart39.gif

/s

Ain't a Kirby character.

I still sticking with Bandana Dee, but if I'm being completely honest, Dark Matter would be a way more interesting character to choose. Especially because like Piranha plant, he's got a lot of versions of himself, so in a way he can basically represent all of his appearances. Which one should be his default one you ask?

Dark Matter Swordsman.

But I still want Bandana Dee more than anyone else, dude's deserving of a spot.

Link has suffered through, what, three games without a new rep.

Yeah that too.

And to think all of these Zelda characters could have easily been fighters. And don't tell me most of them were one offs, look at Sheik!

To be fair, Sheik was relevant when Melee came out. And while I'd love to see some more Zelda characters, a good amount already had time to shine in Hyrule Warriors and its iterations.
And as for ones from BotW, most o' dem's dead anyways.

Say, Fire Emblem also had a Dynasty Warriors spinoff! Hrmmmm.....

If we get another Fire Emblem rep, it will be from Three Houses. But I'm still rooting for Darios though.

Black Knight was the only other FE character I would have liked to see, I've seen too much Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn gameplay not to like this guy, but he just got deconfirmed.

But I'm still happy he's in the game, espcially because he actually generated the funniest Ultimate footage yet.

Or any character that was made after 2015.

Except Incineroar, because we all know how the GameFreak handles things.

Deku said:
Brawl's roster was decided in 2005, that's why there's no Galaxy content.
But then how are there trophies from games like Super Paper Mario and Mario Party 8 (that also released in 2007) but no Galaxy? Seems a bit odd to me.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
But then how are there trophies from games like Super Paper Mario and Mario Party 8 (that also released in 2007) but no Galaxy? Seems a bit odd to me.

Well those are just model/sprite rips. A lot easier and less time consuming to do than make a whole character.

Perhaps they were saving the reference because given of big the game was they wanted a lot to represent it so they did it in Smash 4.

Double posting, but just pointing out that a lot of victory themes have changed.

Ridley's now is the same as Samus', but in a more negative tone to it.
Lucina's (and presumably Robin and Chrom) is now an arrangement of the first few notes of Id Purpose.
Pokemon's is the same, just made shorter. Same goes with Ice Climbers.

And apparently, according to the wiki, Corrin's is now something with Lost in thoughts all alone and EarthBound has a completely new theme based on the eight melodies.

Sure leaves a lot to speculate. Will Ike's or Roy's themes also be changed to something that matches their respective FE games? What about Star Fox? Will they change it to be something to do with Star Fox Zero, since the characters' designs are also based on that game?

Isabelle said:
Sure leaves a lot to speculate. Will Ike's or Roy's themes also be changed to something that matches their respective FE games? What about Star Fox? Will they change it to be something to do with Star Fox Zero, since the characters' designs are also based on that game?
From what I heard, Ike and Roy have the same theme as Marth.
The Zelda series theme is made shorter.
Earthbound series also have a new victory theme.

It's not every character, but I'm glad they're making an effort to give at least some of the characters unique victory themes.

On the topic of music, some new songs I picked up from the Nintendo Live videos:
  • Another Wii Sports title theme arrangement
  • Another Light Plane theme arrangement
  • White Land from F-Zero (original)
  • The papercraft battle theme from Paper Jam
  • The NDC rendition of the Super Mario Bros. theme from Odyssey
  • Gladion battle theme arrangement
  • Kirby's Dream Land credits theme arrangement
  • *bleep*ing Kass's theme arrangement
  • Fire Man theme arrangement
  • Chun Li's theme from Street Fighter II (original)
  • Fruit Basket from Rhythm Heaven Megamix
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 ground theme arrangement (finally)

Back