Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Meta Knight said:
Yeah it's not a lance, but the Galaxia is pink and the helmet looks proper.
The black is just painted on, though. Guess that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I like attention to detail, devs.

Maybe it is but since it was here since Brawl they didn't have to go through it.

Or perhaps the amount of content is just so overwhelming he forgot to talk about that.

I think they're making them for those who missed out on them.

I heard some amiibo were pretty rare.

Lucario said:
I think they're making them for those who missed out on them.

I heard some amiibo were pretty rare.
Yeah, Bowser Jr.'s prices are really skyrocketed, and Kirby's Smash amiibo is about three times as expensive as his Rainbow Curse amiibo. It's pretty ridiculous. And those are just some examples.

I think I saw somewhere that she was so rare that she actually became the world's most expensive amiibo. I can't remember how much it was, but I remember the number being pretty big.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/04/sakurai-elaborates-on-smash-ultimates-singleplayer-modes-at-nintendo-live-2018/

Is it super early to speculating DLC? yes, but here are my predictions based on a variety of things.

5V7UdnF.png

Steve and Erdrick (or any DQ character) - verge leaks
Elma - We have seen absolutely no Xenoblade X content at all. And if what we saw in the direct is true, not even music. And since Rex is out of the running, she has a chance.
Lloyd - Had a mii costume last game, he and the Tales series are popular, and the next logical Namco rep.
Bandana Dee - Not super sure on him, but this slot will likely be a 1st party of some sort. This could be almost anyone. With my luck it's Edelgard.

Could I be wrong? Probably. My predictions are almost never right.

Lucario said:
I think I saw somewhere that she was so rare that she actually became the world's most expensive amiibo. I can't remember how much it was, but I remember the number being pretty big.
Maybe you're talking about a Peach that was a manufacturing glitch that removed her legs? Otherwise, she was super common back in the days. Whereas characters in Wave 4 (Pac-Man, Wario; Robin at least got a restock and became cheap in the stores, same with Ness), I barely saw those. I can't imagine Gold Mega Man or Silver Mario (Gold Mario at least got a restock later) being less rare than Peach.

Mcmadness said:
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/04/sakurai-elaborates-on-smash-ultimates-singleplayer-modes-at-nintendo-live-2018/
Nice mural. Need to see the entirety of it. You know what I mean.

Kirby of the Stars said:
Do we know if figure (amiibo) players are returning? I don't think they've shown that yet. But if they aren't returning, I wonder why they're making new amiibo.

weren't those confirmed to return near the end of e3?

As someone who actively collected the Smash amiibo and religiously browsed the amiibo subreddit for pre-order times, I never recalled a time, until recently, where the Peach amiibo was rare. Obviously it's rare now because they've been phased out of shelves after being there for almost 4 years, but there's apparently a massive amiibo restock for Smash characters on the way (at least in Japan).

I'm hoping the DLC is more in favor of Nintendo's first party than third parties like Smash 4 was, tbh. OR Bandana Dee at the bare minimum, since I'm pretty sure he's one of the most requested characters that still has a chance.

Kirby of the Stars said:
Do we know if figure (amiibo) players are returning? I don't think they've shown that yet. But if they aren't returning, I wonder why they're making new amiibo.
I believe that was confirmed a while ago.

Moldomré said:
I just remembered. I assume Stage Builder isn't in this one, since they didn't mention it and this was the last direct (before game release).
I heard that it wasn't returning, along with Target Test, Home-Run Contest, and Smash Run. However, I heard this secondhand, not from any 100% accurate source.

if they remove target test i swear to god i am going to *bleeep*

I mean, what's the breather level in Classic mode going to be if not that? It can't be "knock the trophies into the cup" Snag Trophies without trophies, Board the Platforms was gotten rid of long ago, guess Race to the Finish are still there? Might do something with that "spirit" idea I suppose.

Home Run Contest though, good riddance. It was too finicky to have major items as rewards.

They had Target Blast, which was an Angry Birds-style minigame and joke. iirc it didn't show up in Classic mode, at least not in the 3DS version.

Ornes are so trashy in Smash Run.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Ornes are so trashy in Smash Run.
They annoying, especially in the room challenges (Survive: Normal).

And I hate the Clubberskull. They're hard to beat, even with a minimal amount of equipped powers.

Eh, if we're gonna be talkin' playing songs over the World of Light trailer (a discussion that hopefully shouldn't last long), then I suggest you take a look at my edit:

Back