Rank your Switch games

Revin

Ace Captain
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
What the title says. We had one for 3DS and one for Wii U so I figured we might as well have one for Nintendo's latest console as well.

Super Mario Odyssey
Voez
Crypt of the Necrodancer

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
Sonic Mania
Blaster Master Zero
Golf Story
Enter the Gungeon

Puyo Puyo Tetris
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero
Piczle Lines DX
Death Squared
Kamiko

Snake Pass

Key:
Favourite
Great
Good
Meh

Super Mario Odyssey

Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Sonic Forces

Owned but not played:
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
Pokken Tournament DX
Just Dance 2018

And this is where I put my copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

...IF I HAD ONE.

Super Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2
Cave Story+
The Jackbox Party Pack

Snake Pass (was a mistake)

Sonic Mania
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Super Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2

Super Bomberman R

Amazing
Great
Good
Alright
Bad

Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Splatoon 2

ARMs
Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces

Super Mario Odyssey
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Rime
Snipperclips
Sonic Forces

Haven’t played Sonic Forces yet, but seen my brothers playing it and it didn’t catch my interest so eh.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

4. Azure Striker Gunvolt

5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

1-3: Amazing
4: Great
5: Good
n/a: Decent
n/a: Bad

Unlisted: Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Pokken Tournament DX
Kirby Star Allies
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Pokémon Quest
Sonic Forces
Snipperclips
Rime
Fortnite

Super Mario Odyssey
Sonic Mania
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Splatoon 2
Fast RMX

Rudymical Dark Witch Music Episode

Of the games I owned:
  • Splatoon 2: The game I got the Nintendo Switch for, which is why this game is at the top of the list. This is the game that I played the most of, and the teamwork aspect of this game is one of the best, not to mention how great it feels to be proficient with the weapons. The only thing I wish I could do is to find other people to play with, since I never have Private Battles in my entire life...
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Such a fun take on the Strategy RPG, and my cousins mentioned how similar it is to XCOM (which I should mention is an accurate assessment). I love how rewarding this game is when you complete the various objectives, as even the most challenging ones are incredibly satisfying to go through.
  • Super Mario Odyssey: The most definitive Mario adventure yet, for not only having loads and loads of collectibles, but game worlds that are platforming playgrounds. Mario wide array of expressions and the variety of environments makes taking photos a joy itself. The only issue is that once it's over, there isn't much to do, unless Luigi's Balloon World turns out to be quite a robust feature.
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris: Given that I love Puyo Puyo and wanted to get into the intricacies of Tetris, this game is a no-brainer for me. In fact, it's a game I enjoyed because it has the English cast. Having a solid package of Puyo Puyo and Tetris makes this game worth the admission digitally. The only criticism I can mention about this game is the fact that it's not a content-rich compared to other Puyo Puyo games, especially the absence of Fever (the best Puyo Puyo game mode).
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: It sounded like a redundant game for those with the original Mario Kart 8, but it's a really good proof-of-concept on the Switch's flexibility. It's a nice game to play on trips, but I can't see myself dedicating time for this game when there are other games to be played. It's a fun Mario Kart game which is great when playing with other people.
  • Tumblestone: A puzzle game with a very simple concept, but it comes with a very lengthy Adventure Mode (the single-player campaign).
    The game is also pretty complex especially due to the "Modifiers" (basically a feature of the puzzle that makes it more challenging), so it's not braindead simple. It has a lot of achievements so even though I finished the Adventure Mode, I still go play this game to complete some achievements.
  • Pokken Tournament DX: Pokken is a surprisingly engaging title, but since I have not yet invested too much time in it, I am still determining if it's a fighting game that clicks with me.
  • Oxenfree: I got this game on a whim when it's at 75% discount. Now, I should point out that I am no stranger to point-and-click adventures, but the game is incredibly talkative so if I play on the Switch screen (which is most of the time), it's difficult for me to follow. That's why it's the only game so far that is at the bottom of the list. Perhaps I should look and see if this game has the option to add subtitles...

The only game I haven't started in this list is Golf Story, which I recently bought but didn't play because I want to finish Oxenfree first. Due to its similarity with Mario Golf RPGs, I imagine I will love this game and it will be a favourite.

Lakituthequick said:
Super Mario Odyssey

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Tumbleseed

Sometimes I have seen your Switch game collection (via amount of time played), and I noticed Tumbleseed so pardon me for asking this: what didn't you like about Tumbleseed?

Thank you for reading.

(A like for the topic creator for the use of British spelling)

winstein said:
Lakituthequick said:
Super Mario Odyssey

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Tumbleseed

Sometimes I have seen your Switch game collection (via amount of time played), and I noticed Tumbleseed so pardon me for asking this: what didn't you like about Tumbleseed?
It didn't really catch me and may be a bit too forceful in trying to incorporate a few memes in dialog. Honestly the biggest selling point was "HD-rumble lol", which does is pretty good.

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
5. Super Mario Bros. Arcade Version
6. Arms

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Breath of the Wild was just hard to keep playing as I had no history with the series prior. Idk it probably would've hooked me years ago when I was still enchanted by new games in franchises I hadn't played but at this point my palette is pretty much set in stone and hard to deviate from. I'm sure it's a great game, just not my thing. As for the others, MK8 Deluxe was great but I'd have preferred a new game in the series. Odyssey's probably going to stay #1 for a while. Still want to try Mario + Rabbids at some point.

Adding to my list, I received Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 as a early birthday present.

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Breath of the Wild was just hard to keep playing as I was enjoying the benefits of Viasil and had no history with the series prior. Idk it probably would've hooked me years ago when I was still enchanted by new games in franchises I hadn't played but at this point my palette is pretty much set in stone and hard to deviate from. I'm sure it's a great game, just not my thing. As for the others, MK8 Deluxe was great but I'd have preferred a new game in the series. Odyssey's probably going to stay #1 for a while. Still want to try Mario + Rabbids at some point.

I've only played the new Zelda: Breath of the Wilds and Super Mario Oddyssey so far on the Switch. I love both of them. I guess I'll return with a more fleshed out list when I try a few more Switch games.

Last edited:
I’ve played more games, so I’ll make a new list:
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS)
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
  • Sonic Forces
  • Kirby Star Allies (eShop demo)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Scribblenauts Showdown
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Scribblenauts Showdown were good, but not as good as the others.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Snipperclips Plus
ARMS

bump

Sonic Mania Plus
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Super Mario Odyssey
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild