Mario Kart Tour

I'm still of the opinion that gacha should be banned altogether - replace it with stupidly high prices if you still want pay2win to have free2play, but at least keep it away. Gambling is people- and family-ruining, and nobody should be exposed to gambling-like mechanics, even though gachapon is a common machine in Japan.

As far as how Mario Kart Tour is viewed by Nintendo, they present it on their site as the ninth Mario Kart game. Effectively, its directors and producers are from Nintendo, and Nintendo was involved in low level aspects such as camera and security. Much like in MK8 Bandai Namco was involved as well (also in the creation of many Bonus Challenges) and the infrastructure is clearly provided by DeNA (I'd hardly be surprised if they also designed the monetization system). When looking at the internal data, the courses are clearly from the Mario Kart 8 team, as their names follow the naming conventions of that team, complete with a "mob" platform code for the newly introduced courses. And effectively, most of the assets and mechanics (look at the half-pipes) can directly be ported to other Mario Kart 7-based games, and there's little reason to think that the next console Mario Kart game won't be Mario Kart 7 based (keep in mind that Super Mario Odyssey is based on the Super Mario 3D World engine, game engines are not that gameplay-limiting nowadays).

F*** yeah, Team Peach wins!

giphy.gif

"YEAH! Lynn-er, Lynn-er, chicken dinner!"
-Lynn Loud Jr.

Finally, it's over. I was really not looking forward to the Peach vs. Daisy tour back when it was first announced because I thought that everyone would choose team Daisy and that Peach wouldn't stand a chance. I always believed that Daisy was the more popular character, but I guess I was wrong, and boy am I happy that I was wrong. Team Peach forever!

Daisy isn't more popular, she just has some really vocal and overly obsessed fans.

Actually, when a power-up form isn't intended to eventually get a cup, they choose a generic emblem, so that's what they did here. I'm more surprised at this point that they didn't do that for Builder Toad.

yeah, like when blue-spotted Toad in 3D World aqcuires the Fire Flower and turns to his fire form resembling Fire Yellow Toad
and the Toad in 3D World is THE red-spotted, blue-vest Toad, but his spots are blue.

As I predicted, Team Peach won. Always pick the main hero or heroine team for now on.

i shouldve known to pick team peach.......i mean most toads are on that team........

Or just like paper yoshi said, nintendo is probably just biased and decides the more iconic pick wins, so always pick that

i haven't checked in on this game in forever but the snes costume for Mario is fire.

can this game be played on an emulator like bluestacks?
Not fully sure about the emulators, in any case the game requires two swipe in separate directions - horizontal for turning, vertical to throw items when turning/drifting, so I fear it wouldn't work very well on emulators.
Next tour is Mario Tour. Fitting that the next tour starts on March 10.

And apparently, the new driver in the tease is Mario in his racer outfit from Odyssey.
Yeah, it makes sense to have a Mario Tour now, also because the celebration of the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. is ending this March. And since Nintendo is a Japanese company, we have Tokyo Blur 4!

new tour started, i already got the new kart

damn tho now im realizing that the tier system is kinda broken. Im being pitted against people with a way higher tier than mine

I wish I had the choice to remove the direction arrow, it's distracting
If you use manual drift (which is actually just a swap between what the main screen and the little button on the bottom do when it comes to steering and drifting), you don't get the arrow, it is used only when you steer. It takes some time to learn how to drift, but Ultra Mini-Turbos are definitely worth it, they last a lot and give lots of combo time.

By the way, there's a lot of stuff that is going to happen in this and the next two tours, to celebrate Mar10 day and the game's 1 & 1/2 anniversary:

nah don't worry thats because he's playable now, as party time lakitu, he's no longer really the host

Interesting that they're using the kart's PAL name in North America.
Well, in this case the PAL name was a direct translation of the Japanese name, so they likely thought that it would have said more about the kart - it's intended to be the successor of the B Dasher after all.

Back