Mario Kart Tour

I've finally got around to making my review of Mario Kart Tour.

Here it is.

"Almost" gives too much credit for this pathetic attempt at being cute

they think they can pat themselves on the back for removing content and putting it back in when the content should've been in the game in the first place

Last edited:
"Almost" gives too much credit for this pathetic attempt at being cute

they think they can pat themselves on the back for removing content and putting it back in when the content should've been in the game in the first place
I mean yeah, there was no good reason for Luigi to have been unavailable for the first four weeks, but I just like how they did more than simply announce his late addition, but actually provide an in-universe reason for his absence.

there was no good reason for Luigi to have been unavailable for the first four weeks

yeah this is the same game where you can buy mario from mario kart for 20 bucks

but mario from mario kart is an obscure, rare character who should cost 20 bucks for the exclusivity!

Diddy is behind a 40 dollar paywall in the meantime lol. He's more valuable than Mario from Mario Kart. But you do get more tugs and pulls on that pipe of yours.

I wouldn't call them "paywalls" exactly since you can get the characters outside the ruby deal, but Mario should have been the default character for sure, not Toad/Toadette.

Gold Pass is an unacceptable overpriced paywall, however.

nothing about Baby Luigi right

im expecting no tweets about Baby Luigi

So um, I hope no one minds me slipping this MK-series thought on my mind in the Tour specific thread,

I hope MK9 makes better use of balloon battle and coin rush, trophies would be nice.

EHcLWTMUYAA6rUs.jpg

So of ALL the fucking games in the world that lets people finally play as King Boo but using his LM design. You decide it to be this one.

Great.

Okay, I am going to make some roster predictions
.All characters besides that were only in Arcade GP that were in previous games will appear, Pink Gold Peach, Funky, Petey and the Nintendo guests will be high ends, DK Jr. will appear on SMK birthday
.Yoshi, Toad, Koopa and Shy Guys colors will pad out the roster, as well being the lower costing characters in the shop
. More babies, Yoshi Island DS babies, Baby Waluigi, Baby Pauline, Baby Toad, Baby Toadette, Baby Diddy
.New characters will be common enemies, Toadsworth, E. Gadd, Wart and the occasional Nintendo guest
.If Miis come back, they will be a default unlock included in the update, Mii outfits will be added to the pipe and the shop
.Future alts are Santa Mario, Reindeer Yoshi, Leprechaun Luigi, Jester Waluigi, Cupid Birdo, Easter Daisy, doctor forms from DMW, Gooigi, Fire Mario, Vampire Wario, Biker Wario
.Daisyette, that is all

Last edited:
I know I've done the whole song and dance on why I hate clone characters, but...
I have had the headcanon for quite a few years that the King Boo from Luigi's Mansion and the King Boo from spinoffs are completely different characters, due to their differences in personality and motivations. So two King Boos in MKT is acceptable.

Well, they're not always bad, some of the vehicles can be pretty creative with their designs when the enemy is appropriately integrated into them. I really like this vehicle, for example

MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_4.jpg

and I like the Blooper Space Shuttle from Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 8

Blooper_Spaceship_stamp_MK8.png

Because they're well-designed.

But yeah, generally speaking, those types of uninspired vehicles where they just put an enemy on tires (Cheep Charger, Biddybuggy, Turbo Yoshi, Piranha Prowler, Magikruiser, Yoshi Bike, Bullet Bike), deserve to be in the impound lot and then sent to the junkyard to get smashed into bits

Back