Mario Kart Tour

Is Musician Mario still available?

When they decide to add characters and they STILL can't be bothered to add Luigi. This is inexcusable.

The only way I can accept this is if they decide to cross-promote this with Luigi's Mansion 3 for Halloween, and they better go WHOLE HOG with it too. Add Luigi, Baby Luigi, King Boo, E. Gadd, a ghost from Luigi's Mansion 3, AND Zombie Mario plus whatever Halloween costumes they wanna add.

It is odd that GCN Yoshi Circuit uses the MK8 design, while 3DS Neo Bowser City and SNES Rainbow Road are based on their MK7 designs. Of course, they can't use MK8's Neo Bowser City because the track had an anti-gravity portion.

When they decide to add characters and they STILL can't be bothered to add Luigi. This is inexcusable.

The only way I can accept this is if they decide to cross-promote this with Luigi's Mansion 3 for Halloween, and they better go WHOLE HOG with it too. Add Luigi, Baby Luigi, King Boo, E. Gadd, a ghost from Luigi's Mansion 3, AND Zombie Mario plus whatever Halloween costumes they wanna add.
i feel like that's exactly what they're doing, minus zombie mario probably

Tracks take time to develop. Even for a mobile game, you probably shouldn't be expecting expansive tracks yet.

What do you guys think of the new items they've introduced so far, and do you think they have a place in future console Mario Kart titles? Coin Box, Dash Ring, Bubble, Banana Barrel and Mushroom Cannon would be interesting to see in Mario Kart 9.

i like to see frenzied spiny shells just for the tears it would cause including my own

What do you guys think of the new items they've introduced so far, and do you think they have a place in future console Mario Kart titles? Coin Box, Dash Ring, Bubble, Banana Barrel and Mushroom Cannon would be interesting to see in Mario Kart 9.
One of the few interesting concepts in this game is the Special Items, including new ones and returning ones that haven't been seen since Mario Kart: Double Dash!!.

Which makes this whole thing even more disappointing because there are some genuinely good things about this game but it keeps fighting me back from enjoying the game.

But to answer your question, I'd like to see the Banana Barrels. The rest look kinda useless, especially the Mushroom Cannon and Dash Ring that can easily backfire on you if you have opponents around.

I would like to see all new items except for the Coin Box and Bubble to return. The Coin Box from what I can tell is only useful in the context of Mario Kart Tour where coins are useful for your score and combo and where you can collect more than 10 coins per race, but in a normal Mario Kart games it would be pretty useless. The Bubble is just boring, as it takes the auto-drive from the Chain Chomp and Bullet Bill but removes the speed and knocking other racers. I do like how the other items can help or hurt you, as it makes you more careful with how you use them. Even the Banana Barrels have this, as the Bananas in front of your are obstacles too.

Kimono Peach looks lovely. I like her bun style.

EGarIWLVAAAqocB.jpg

Still the only problem, I just wish it was an option when selecting Peach just like with Roll in Mega Man Powered Up and Mario in Super Mario Odyssey.

If Mario Kart 9 has customizable outfits, it better be done in the same way with Roll in Mega Man Powered Up or Mario in Super Mario Odyssey. I'd also like the addition of customizing Peach's hairstyle too. That would be great too.

I'd say this is pretty likely for the next tour, as Luigi, Baby Luigi, and King Boo were all playable during the beta test, alongside the Luigi's Mansion track from MKDS.

man if only baby luigi actually was in luigi's mansion 3 😒

If we get Mario turning into a ghost because Luigi didn't rescue him in time (thanks to RNG), that would be hilarious, on the nose of the rumor pasta surrounding pre release Luigi's Mansion.

The reason I posted that picture of Rosalina at Rainbow Road earlier is because there is no section of that track that looks like that in SNES Rainbow, which leads me to believe that it's actually GBA Rainbow Road.

Diddy Kong became my Mario Kart nemesis two years ago for excessive, subversive behavior.

He is not helping his case in Mario Kart Tour. And Baby Mario is looking into a slot on the roster.

There's not supposed to be a roster for this!

Hot take but it's weird being able to trick off things in this game that you normally can't trick off of in the other games. Prime examples: The dinosaur in Dino Dino Jungle and the train in Kalimari Desert (this specifically is why I mention this in the first place.) It feels so wrooooooonnngggggg

I finally downloaded it. I think a more accurate name for this game would be Mario Kart Limited. It would also help if the game didn't freeze for seconds at a time in the middle of a race, though I guess that's probably my phone's fault. The controls are weird, I guess not bad for a phone game but still hard to control (I only used drifting mode). There's really nothing to say about the microtransactions that people haven't already said many times over, but yeah, they're bad. It's sad because this game has some neat new stuff and is the first new Mario Kart game since 2014 (if you can call it new when it's so derivative of MK7 and to a lesser degree MK8). But I'm afraid a game that's only half game and half slot machine just isn't gonna scratch that Mario Kart itch for me. The problem is that Nintendo had a choice between two things: make a good game with fair monetary exchange like Super Mario Run and get little money for it, or make a micro-transaction machine and get loads of money for it. It's hardly a surprise that Nintendo took the route they did. Personally, I have no faith in Nintendo mobile games and I don't think my view is going to change at this rate.

make a good game with fair monetary exchange like Super Mario Run and get little money for it
Super Mario Run did pretty well financially. After all, $60 million lifetime sales for a one-time-pay app is pretty damn good on its own even after the valid complaints about it being overpriced. It just performed "under expectations" which is just industry-executive euphemism for "not making enough money and we mean hundreds of bajillions of dololars".

Oh and I noticed the Metacritic rating inched up to 59

no way in hell this game is a 6/10

Last edited:
Back