Mario Tennis Aces

I wouldn't hold your breath.

actually memoryman is right with this one
https://gonintendo.com/stories/309057-mario-tennis-aces-english-story-trailer-and-pre-launch-tourname

The winners of each match will earn points based on their performance, with five additional characters to unlock by gaining enough points

Well, its all good because its a positive for most of us.

edit:

Wait...

are we sure they are refering to characters we already saw?

Because this honestly sounds more like they are giving a chance to players to get the characters that are meant for online tournaments earlier... just like how they are doing it for the Mario overalls costume.

Or maybe this just means you unlock 5 starting characters to keep in the demo version until the release comes so you play the full game instead of the demo...

hmmmmm :posh: :posh: :posh: :posh: :posh:

Peter said:
Speaking of unlockable characters in the demo
hjXRdrB.png

Waluigi is being teased as unlockable.

I am going to predict that the other unlockables are Luigi, Wario, Boo and Toad. I think Boo is unlockable only because it's one of the few Tricky characters.

Thank you for reading.

Id go with Rosalina instead of Boo mainly because in the website she is the first out of the two in the tricky box category

still waitin on that bowser artwork

Peter said:
Speaking of unlockable characters in the demo
hjXRdrB.png

Waluigi is being teased as unlockable.
They know what the people want.

"If you play enough you'll get access to this skinny loser."

oh nevermind.

It translates to the total of characters that can be in there.

There's 4 announced, and with 5 unlockeable it sums up to 9, and that's what it says in the box or so (theres the number 9 next to the kanji)

they wouldnt put Waluigi in there if he wasnt on of them.

Its probably Luigi, Wario , Waluigi , Rosalina and Daisy.

or if Rosalina somehow is absent i will Boo .

That way we can have all types in the demo.

Tennis Toad said:
The Legendary Racket looks like The Infinity Gauntlet from Infinity War.
The Infinity Racket: Capable of zombifying half of the universe.

Tennis Toad said:
I read that as Legendary Rocket (as in Rocket Raccoon) even before I read the rest of the sentence.

I just noticed the UI of Mario and his new outfit that have that hat. Found in JP site.

img-energy_gauge_sp.jpg

img-energy_gauge.jpg

ThatGuy62 said:
Tennis Toad said:

Now I have to save Waluigi from it! (I’m a bit concern that we have to play as only Mario in the story mode.)

Nintygames said:
ThatGuy62 said:
Tennis Toad said:

Now I have to save Waluigi from it! (I’m a bit concern that we have to play as only Mario in the story mode.)

I hate to say it, but it looks like you'll have no other choice but to play as Mario:

https://nintendoeverything.com/more-details-on-the-story-in-mario-tennis-aces-plus-all-modes/

The article makes it sound like Mario will be the only playable character in story mode. I must say, I'm a bit disappointed. What if I wanted to play as Yoshi? Having only one option here is kind of lame.

I am OK with Mario being the only playable character because I love Mario, but I am kind of expecting there to be switchable characters at certain points (or a New Game Plus where you can use any character, but that's not likely to happen).

Interesting that the story mode hints that Wario and Waluigi are part of the mess, and likely not being controlled by Luigi's evil influence like the trailer implied.

Thank you for reading.

Back