Mario Tennis Aces

I do hope so, but if I can't, I'm not going to terribly miss it.

According to the translated text from the first screenshot (courtesy of 2257), Dry Bones is tutoring the player.

Mario_-_Aces_Artwork_3.png
Toadreferee_-_TennisAces.png

me too

I feel it's more artwork than the typical fare so far

few things i noticed in the website now ...

There's a more detailed video of the story mode segment.

I thing it has something to do with Bowser (the racket) because the audience is Mario's and Bowser's side yet Bowser is nowhere to be seen.

There's also Bowser Castle Court present in a video.

Also i found hilarious that when Luigi started turning into that evil version and all went down, Daisy was the first to run away lmao.

Swiftie_Luma said:
im digging the new artwork

YEIP4OU.png
Soon, there will be an artwork of Rosalina and Pauline together.

Getting some GCN Mario sports vibes.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
According to the translated text from the first screenshot (courtesy of 2257), Dry Bones is tutoring the player.
I wonder why Dry bones is tutoring the player instead of Toad, because Toad was overused in tutorials for other games.

Sadly i think we wont get any more Rosalina artwork ... i hardly see her in the game and the trailers

Hopefuly something better awaits ... as for Pauline well , dont count on it.

Princess Mario said:
Seems like there's a defensive shot that slows down the world so you can reach the ball in time? Since the video is in Japanese, not sure what triggers it. I think it consumes that meter though.

Also seems like the jungle court is more decorated compared to the last time I saw it. Biddybuggies being the ball people reminds me of Power Tennis's courts, and that's a good thing.

That flip shot Mario made is nice. Probably another defensive maneuver. I think they recharge the meter? They also look unique to other characters too, which is a really nice thing to see. Also, did Wario's losing-a-point animation change? Man, I want that Ultra Smash one.

I also think Chance shots are gone for good. I think those smash shots with the star indicators are the replacements?

Mario also looks like he has bumpmapping added to his hair. That's a definite change of his model from the Ultra Smash one. So they're actually doing more to his model than simply giving it a new outfit; they're improving it too!

Holy crap story mode. Tennis racket possessing Luigi? Evil Waluigi and Wario? The mode looks great. So varied. Seems like they're going to have cutscenes too. It does seems like you're going to use Mario here, given how Mario's all prominent here.

Game overall looks amazing and it's shaping up to be what Ultra Smash wasn't, if it hasn't already.

Oh look, motion controls.
Man I want to play this game already.

I'm surprised you didn't know most of this because it was discussed in-depth in the last Nintendo Direct.

https://youtu.be/mMHT2vdWvpg

You should watch this.

Like I said, flaming rackets make everything better.

I still think Pauline should be a safe bet for this game. I mean, Odyssey is the latest mainline game and they always promote the latest mainline game. Out of notable characters in Odyssey Pauline just makes the most sense. I'll be disappointed if she's not in it. Story mode looks lit though. I love how it seems like Wario and Waluigi are villains, though I hope you can use anyone on subsequent playthroughs and just replace any non-playable roles of them with clones (like they did for the Koopalings and other characters who are also bosses in Minion Quest)

I would not count on it because i am not seeing at any Oddyssey reference in this game so far.

Power tennis has Petey , the Gooper Blooper and the overall aesthetic of Sunshine

Open has Luma , a galaxy court and music from Galaxy

Ultra smash has the sprixie from 3D world.

So far this game looks like it's taking amny things from past games rather than from odyssey. Lumas are returning , colored Yoshis , the 3D world enemies , spike being playable , there's the giant blooper again along with Petey...

I honestly think that Birdo, Diddy , paratroopa and Koopa are the best we are gonna get later and maybe Shy guy.

I don't see Pauline getting in this one at all, but maybe I'm wrong tbh

I wouldn't really call Wario and Waluigi villains here, more likely they were trying to play a prank and wound up fooling around with something they really shouldn't have.

For those who don't speak Japanese, here are some videos for you (in the order posted).

[youtube]watch?v=evhbcB6vM_c[/youtube]
-> Not the same time as the Japanese.

[youtube]watch?v=YdpZBn-uA24[/youtube]

"In Adventure mode, level up Mario and thwart the wicked plans of Wario, Waluigi, and the legendary racket itself. Mario Tennis™ Aces launches June 22nd!"

I stand corrected.

she's too good for one

Doubles partners aren't really a thing anymore.

Yoshi the SSM said:
For those who don't speak Japanese, here are some videos for you (in the order posted).

[pre-launch tournament trailer]
-> Not the same time as the Japanese.
So the pre-launch tournament goes live in Japan first, then Europe, then America.
(used the timezone converter)

In America times (PDT):
Japanese version go live at 2am, June 1
European version go live at 7am, June 1
American version go live at 6pm, June 1

EDIT: Not sure for Australian version, but I think it will go live the same time as Japan.
EDIT 2: Australian version go live at 12am AEST / 7am PDT / 4pm CEST. So same time as Europe.

Mcmadness said:
she's too good for one

Doubles partners aren't really a thing anymore.
they've stopped being a thing since Mario Tennis Open.

Koopaul said:
I'm surprised you didn't know most of this because it was discussed in-depth in the last Nintendo Direct.

You should watch this.
I stopped watching Nintendo Directs a loooong while ago. Forgive me.

Princess Mario said:
Plague Knight said:
Hmmm, I'm getting more and more interested in this game... It'd be my first Mario Tennis game if I got it. Too bad I'm nearly broke right now...
Oh boy you've been missing out. You missed out on a good portrayal of N64 Luigi. Luigi has a great voice in that game, so distinct from today's Luigi. You can also beat the crap out of Waluigi. There are also trophy cutscenes you shouldn't miss out in this one and in Mario Power Tennis.
I have been occasionally interested in Mario Tennis 64 not because of Luigi, but because it's one of the few games with an N64-graphics Waluigi (not to mention being his debut)! The only other one that I know of was Mario Party 3, but Nintendo refuses to put that on Virtual Console for no known reason.

I don't know why Nintendo doesn't like to put Mario Party 3 in Virtual Console. A pretty Nintendo move if you ask me, since that'll certainly make money. And that's it, two games with N64 Waluigi before being promoted.

BTW Mario gets another because of course he does. :/

Mario_aces_mario_shot.png

Luigi's a lot more close-y after that whole debacle involving his exposed tummy

MarioLuigi_Aces1.png

Still waiting on that Bowser artwork

Mcmadness said:

Like I said, flaming rackets make everything better.
Is it me or does the clown car grow thrusters for those quick saves?
Also Chain Chomp is terrifyingly mobile during those saves.

Back