Mario Tennis Aces

the outline is the only thing thats green , the siloutte could easy be Dry Bones but i guess we'll see-

Swiftie_Luma said:
are we sure this is Koopa Troopa?

It could be Dry Bones as well , and he actually appears talking to Mario in the trailer so maybe its him?

n8fRpJ2.png
An analysis made by our Dry Bones expert, 2257, confirmed that this design fits Koopa Troopa rather than Dry Bones, based on mouth and shell:
Koopa_SM3DL.png
MP8_DryBones.png

The expert has spoken!

His beak certainly doesn't appear to be long enough to be Dry Bones. Remember, Dry Bone's snout noticeably extends farther forward than Koopa Troopa's.

infinite8 said:
Yoshi's sports sneakers?
Based on the official artwork, no. At least, not in the beginning.

800px-Yoshi_-_TennisAces.png

whatever the case may be , considering i honestly dont care if its either , i still think its weird that the siloutte lacks a tail.

I am more excited to play as Rosalina and have the Lumas around during the special sequence while Camelot acknowledges that Kerri's voice belongs to Rosalina's galaxy self.

oh, and the custom gear , i hope this doesn't mean it's for the miis , i hope its for the characters.

They should have alternate costumes for Peach (tank top, shorts) and Daisy (short dress), like in Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix. As well as Rosalina with her tank top and shorts. And also Mario's, Luigi's, Wario's and Waluigi's respective "plumber"-wear as alternate costumes.

since gear has been confirmed i also expect some sort of boutique feature. Would be fun to customize characters like that.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i still think its weird that the siloutte lacks a tail.
Cannot unsee. :eekdance:

I have always loved customization. Variety is the spice of life, so they say. And more outfits means more characterization, even if that characterization is just "this character has more than one outfit in their wardrobe."

Splash said:
never played a mario tennis before but this one is a maybe. i thought the direct felt like a bit of information overload with all the different mechanics and stuff it was going over so not sure about the ins and outs of how it plays tbh. i'll try it when the demo thing comes out so i can actually see how it works in action and make a descision depending on that i guess

To a veteran Mario Tennis player, all of this just sounds like mechanics added on top of the stuff we're familiar with. The beginning portions dealing with slices and topspins are stuff we already know, but the rest is new to us. I think it'll come naturally to us faster, but the mechanics are more complex than it has ever been in a Mario Tennis game.

Speaking of which, how come Zone Speed gives me Prince of Persia vibes?

Mister Wu said:
An analysis made by our Dry Bones expert, 2257, confirmed that this design fits Koopa Troopa rather than Dry Bones, based on mouth and shell
Silhouette has protruding eyeballs too.

Swiftie_Luma said:
oh, and the custom gear , i hope this doesn't mean it's for the miis , i hope its for the characters.
I hope it's for Mario characters and hope they throw in joke outfits too if they can.

MTA_-_Chain_Chomp.png

Adorable

i will forever hate that facial expression.

Its so unfitting and pretentious ... too out of character.

Baby Luigi said:
AAAAAAH IT'S SO CUTE I LOVE IT
Ahem.

I love how Rosalina's all sparkly!

Swiftie_Luma said:

I never saw it as pretentious. I always thought of it as Rosalina genuinely having fun, for the first time in a long time.

Hey even watchers of the cosmos gotta unwind sometime.

having fun has nothing to do with it, the face is just off to me.

She reminds me of Peach way too much with that expression and i hate it.

Not even the 3D World one rubbed me off on the wrong side like this one.

Almost as if they have similar facial structure or something.

you know damn well what i meant.

Anyways, there's not real point in getting over this because this isnt gonna be in game.

They have old artwork for it inside the gameplay so eh.

Her eyes, with the lower-eyelid being raised, reminds me of the Mario Party 4 character art, particularly Mario and Luigi's eyes.

514px-Mparty4_luigi.jpg

Swiftie_Luma said:

Swiftie_Luma said:
having fun has nothing to do with it, the face is just off to me.

She reminds me of Peach way too much with that expression and i hate it.

Not even the 3D World one rubbed me off on the wrong side like this one.

Can you try recolouring her MT Aces artwork? Yellow hair, pink dress, gold crown, etc.

Then let's see if she's evolving into a true Peach clone.

Chain Chomp smiles ALL the time. :D

This game looks interesting but I'm not too sure about how I feel on some of the new gimmicks, thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

- Zone Shots look cool (although I hope you can turn motion controls off), but from the looks of things they don't need any energy gauge unless you're slow with aiming, which seems a pick too powerful.
- Zone Speed is a good idea and looks fun to use for defence, however I can easily see it being exploited up at the net of offensive shots from the other side of the court.
- Special Shots kinda just look like cinematic zone Shots instead of something like Power Shots from Mario Power Tennis.
- I don't like the idea of racquet breaking, it doesn't add anything interesting aside from some possibly cheap wins if you mess up the timing once. Also, it looks like you can have more than one racquet during a match? I hope this doesn't end up being a "pay-to-win" idea.
- Trick shots are interesting but I either see them either being forgotten or abused, with matches possibly becoming "who can do the most trick shots."

I'll need to actually play the game to judge these properly but I'm hopeing that they're balanced enough, I would like to play online without having to abuse some strategy (unlike Mario Sports Superstars)

Roster and mode wise the game doesn't look overly impressive but I'm sure they'll show off more stuff later. Customisation looks interesting as well, I saw Mario holding an Ice Racquet in the Japanese Website so I wonder if it's purely cosmetic or if it actually does something.

So im happy to say that , even if this has not been released , there's already a way to create sound files in the format the Switch uses ...

And that means im gonna be able to mod these games agai , yay ...

I'm so ready already

Oz8ghP4.png

music replacement means that i'll definitely get mario kart 8 deluxe

Back