New Mario movie in the works

Shadowshy said:
ThatGuy62 said:
Mister Wu said:
To be fair, Rosalina is more likely than the Koopalings and, if Odyssey teaches us something, even Bowser Jr....

anyway less likely than the Little Birds
It's all about roles my man.
Even if Rosalina doesn't get a large one, she's still guaranteed to cameo.
wrong
Guarantee is probably a strong word, but consider that Rosalina is very popular and has been making appearances even beyond the spinoffs (Getting into 3D World as a post-world character, being the only 8-bit character secret aside from Mario & Peach in Odyssey, etc.). It's only the RPGs she hasn't really appeared yet and that's probably due to story issues. Even then, the RPGs generally don't follow what the platformers and their immediate spinoffs do (at least, until recently) and vice versa.
It would be extremely easy to make Rosalina and the Lumas the post-credits scene.

its not probably a strong word it IS a strong word

ThatGuy62 said:
Guarantee is probably a strong word, but consider that Rosalina is very popular and has been making appearances even beyond the spinoffs (Getting into 3D World as a post-world character, being the only 8-bit character secret aside from Mario & Peach in Odyssey, etc.). It's only the RPGs she hasn't really appeared yet and that's probably due to story issues. Even then, the RPGs generally don't follow what the platformers and their immediate spinoffs do (at least, until recently) and vice versa.
It would be extremely easy to make Rosalina and the Lumas the post-credits scene.
You know that's a Koizumi thing, right

The Entire Galactic Empire said:
so it isn't unbearable to audiences to hear him talking in the over exaggerated Italian accent the entire movie.
I remain the only one in the world who'd love to hear Mario talk like that the entire movie.

But again, I'm the type who loves to spam Hi I'm Daisy and It's a Mario Time just to annoy people, and I do have a voice mod for a Smash Bros. character and every voice clip is a person screaming his head off.

infinite8 said:
ThatGuy62 said:
You know that's a Koizumi thing, right
That I did not consider.
Good point.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I do have a voice mod for a Smash Bros. character and every voice clip is a person screaming his head off.

Pretty much all 8 characters in our 8 player smash either are constantly screaming or constantly shouting and talking

LeftyGreenMario said:
I remain the only one in the world who'd love to hear Mario talk like that the entire movie.

But again, I'm the type who loves to spam Hi I'm Daisy and It's a Mario Time just to annoy people, and I do have a voice mod for a Smash Bros. character and every voice clip is a person screaming his head off.

And yet you find Yoshi’s voice to be annoying if memory serves right.

i mean all i see it's people still doubting of Rosalina's prominence.

it's funny that at this day and age there's still people out there that can't process the fact that Rosalina is a main character.

it's been 10 years , get over it, it's never a surprise anymore for Rosalina to appear in something big , so even if you don't want to say it's ''guaranteed'' it's way more than likely for her to at least make a cameo in the Mario movie , and yes at this rate , day and age she is faaaaar more likely than several other characters

This isn't a new thing, this has happened since ages ago , get used to it.

Swiftie_Luma said:
it's been 10 years , get over it, it's never a surprise anymore for Rosalina to appear in something big , so even if you don't want to say it's ''guaranteed'' it's way more than likely for her to at least make a cameo in the Mario movie , and yes at this rate , day and age she is faaaaar more likely than several other characters
literally no one said otherwise

I would list the potential cast of characters with a:

Major role
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Yoshi
  • Toad

Semi-Major role
  • The Koopa Troop
  • Toadette
  • Bowser Jr.
  • The Koopalings
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Daisy
  • Rosalina

Minor role
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Pauline
  • Birdo

Role of a cameo
  • Wario franchise characters
  • Donkey Kong franchise characters

Can we stop pretending Daisy and Waluigi had been treated as ''major'' characters in the series overall ?

Donkey Kong for instance is a bigger character alone, so he has a better chance of a major role than them.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Can we stop pretending Daisy and Waluigi had been treated as ''major'' characters in the series overall ?
And can you stop pretending to treat Super Mario Land and Super Mario Run as not part of the main series?

And hey, we could have Wario and Waluigi as the "comedic duo" in the film.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Donkey Kong for instance is a bigger character alone, so he has a better chance of a major role than them.
While there's no arguing about Donkey Kong being more important since the Mario fanchise started with him, Daisy being a main character of the Super Mario series despite having been in only one game has been stated by Nintendo itself in the Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros.:
EncyclopediaSMB_-_Characters_pt1.jpg

EncyclopediaSMB_-_Characters_pt2.jpg

On the other hand, the main characters of the Mario franchise were given a bio in the Japanese Mario Portal. Again, Daisy and Waluigi are both there.

I'm not putting them on the same level of Rosalina because they simply aren't, and Nintendo constantly reminds us that. Still, they surely are relevant characters of the franchise at this point, according to Nintendo.

By the way, if you're looking for the likely cast of the movie, I'd say that both these two pages of the Encyclopedia, the Mario Portal and possibly Super Mario Odyssey are good sources for the candidates.

Nobody has ever said that though?

Where are you even getting that from? lol

It is a fact that Nintendo doesn't treat both of those characters as good like the actual characters they really do consider ''main''.

Like i said, DK is a way bigger character and for something as big as a Movie they might want to consider him more than Daisy and Waluigi as he has contributed to what Mario is today way more than those other 2.

Even in Odyssey the whole city is bigass reference to DK , so stop pretending those characters hold some more weight than Donkey Kong himself , it's simply not happening.

Waluigi wasnt even created by Nintendo nor he has been outside the spin off bandwagon in more than 10 years!

Are we seriously gonna ignore that lol

Daisy has never been relevant on her own , and her only major role was to take over Peach because she was busy smoking mushrooms or something , nobody cares tbh.

Mister Wu said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

While there's no arguing about Donkey Kong being more important since the Mario fanchise started with him, Daisy being a main character of the Super Mario series despite having been in only one game has been stated by Nintendo itself in the Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros.:
EncyclopediaSMB_-_Characters_pt1.jpg

EncyclopediaSMB_-_Characters_pt2.jpg

On the other hand, the main characters of the Mario franchise were given a bio in the Japanese Mario Portal. Again, Daisy and Waluigi are both there.

I'm not putting them on the same level of Rosalina because they simply aren't, and Nintendo constantly reminds us that. Still, they surely are relevant characters of the franchise at this point, according to Nintendo.

By the way, if you're looking for the likely cast of the movie, I'd say that both these two pages of the Encyclopedia, the Mario Portal and possibly Super Mario Odyssey are good sources for the candidates.

i said they were not treated as main , which is a fact. Not that they don't get bandwagoned with other known faces in promotional purposes.

Daisy/Waluigi can be ''labeled'' as main , but once again, when have they EVER been treated as such in comparison to the rest of the actual MAIN casts?????

I'll wait.

this isn't even about Rosalina, i couldn't care any less about that (tho its also no secret she is treated miles better than them either way)

I'm saying that we shouldn't pretend that characters that Nintendo BARELY aknowledges shouldn't be expected to be as prominent in something as big as a movie when a gaming icon, aka DK , could have a better shot to have a bigger appearence.

This isn't a secret and we should stop trying to push stuff that isnt real.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Daisy has never been relevant on her own , and her only major role was to take over Peach because she was busy smoking mushrooms or something , nobody cares tbh.
wrong

Shadowshy said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
wrong
You need to learn what hyperbole is.

If you did you wouldn't have responded to that.

i said that b/c i genuinely doubt it was a hyperbole lol

actually you don't seem to know because when people say ''nobody'' in that context it's OBVIOUSLY not literal per see.

It's just an easier way to point out that CLEARLY most are not checking for that one , in this case , most are not that concerned about Daisy in Land because she did not do anything relevant other than taking over Peach because god knows why.

come on now...

I think expecting Waluigi or Daisy to appear in this film is setting your expectations a bit too high.

Swiftie_Luma said:
actually you don't seem to know because when people say ''nobody'' in that context it's OBVIOUSLY not literal per see.
thats a case of me drawing the wrong conclusion
not a case of me not knowing what a hyperbole is

You drawing a wrong conclusion comes from the fact that you cannot tell what a hyperbole is, otherwise you wouldn't have been wrong.

#logic

it is what it is, anyways.

no, i can tell what a hyperbole is. dont fuckin tell me i cant because i made a mistake

Back