Forum level up thread

I propose Waluigi as the highest rank instead of PGP :waluigi:

OK, I've posted my proposal to porplemontage, and I've also taken your feedback into account. I need to mention right now that I did include Waluigi in my proposal, but not as a replacement to Pink Gold Peach (but it's there somewhere). Either way, unless the rank title changes are as what I specified in my proposal, I will post my initial suggestion here.

Thank you for reading.

...wish us luck.

Hope you consider my suggestion though. I don't think it makes sense that Yoshi would rank higher than either the freaking ruler of Mushroom Kingdom or the face (and his twin) of the video game series.

Unfortunately, it didn't go through. He mentioned how people worked hard on their current titles so it would be unfair to them.

Do you agree with him? For me, he's got a point given that the ranks are indeed rewarding to get, but I feel that it shouldn't be this way till the end of time, and there's always room for change.

Basically, I think it's worth changing because it would make the promotion easier for future members, and I feel that current ones might understand. If you think it's worth revamping the rank titles, please leave a "Like" at this post to show support for change.

Thank you for reading.

mmmm, I don't see how it undervalues the current rank. It's not like the number on getting there has changed, it's just that there is another step midway. Can't say I agree. I think Donkey Kong is an achievement, but I also don't think sticking something shortly before it doesn't make it any less valuable.

Princess Mario said:
mmmm, I don't see how it undervalues the current rank. It's not like the number on getting there has changed, it's just that there is another step midway. Can't say I agree. I think Donkey Kong is an achievement, but I also don't think sticking something shortly before it doesn't make it any less valuable.

I'm wondering what's the best way to get feedback on this issue. Mainly because I do not believe that to be the case, but I also want to check and confirm my assessment. Should it be an external poll, or should I PM a good number of people, or just a thread in the forums?

Thank you for reading.

I'd wait for any potential responses first. But if no one else responds, my impression would be that they don't care either way.

Princess Mario said:
I'd wait for any potential responses first. But if no one else responds, my impression would be that they don't care either way.

Meaning responses to this thread? I can't help but feel that hardly anybody go to this thread to post responses unless the thread specifically asks about it. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Thank you for reading.

I still remember the times that 10,000 posts would get you a "Chatty Cathy" rank

Now that a lot more users have 10,000+ posts, it's obsolete as hell.

Yes I like the levels, but with all the space for the higher ranks, it is ridiculous. Nobody has gotten to the ultimate rank, Pink Gold Peach. Say if you wanted to get there with 1000 posts a year, it would take 100 years to get to that rank. :posh:

Actually it’s been a year and a few I’ve been on this forum and I have over 4000 posts.

And that’s not counting the time where I lost my account.

I got the Lakitu rank. Nothing worth bragging... yet.

But I always wonder.. why is the :pgp: rank the highest one? It could have been the Mari...I mean Luigi rank!

I think that instead of Pink Gold Peach being the highest rank I think that :wario: should be the highest rank, it would motivate people to get there. But still it would take a LONG time to get there though...

King David said:
I think that :wario: should be the highest rank, it would motivate people to get there.

Really

I just want to get Yoshi rank (the next-to-last one). Then I’ll LEAVE THIS FORUM FOREVER!!! That way I’ll never become PGP rank! XD

Also, I just looked at the memberlist. Mushroom Attendant (25,000+ posts) is the highest post-based rank held by any user on this forum. Only two have ever achieved it: Neptune and Nabber.

EDIT: As it turns out, Smasher is the sole Mushroom Princess on this forum, making him the user with the highest post-based rank. I couldn’t see him before because his stars were yellow and not red. My bad.

Sure thing. Whenever you want to refer to it in the future for any reason, it's on the bottom of the main page, under "Forum Stats".

Hey look, Doof is the second biggest poster.

Wow people still have a ways to go before achieving the ultimate ranks.

Seeing as how my proposal for revamped rankings received no further progress, I will put down the proposed ranks here for all to see. I've taken the feedback from what I have seen, so without further ado:

RankingPost Count
Newbie0
Goomba1
Koopa Troopa50
Monty Mole100
Spiny150
Cheep-Cheep200
Blooper250
Shy Guy300
Bob-omb350
Whomp400
Lakitu450
Bullet Bill500
Hammer Bro.550
Chain Chomp600
Sparky650
Dry Bones700
Piranha Plant750
Boo800
Magikoopa850
Pianta900 (new)
Luma950 (moved from 900)
Birdo1,000 (new)
Koopaling1,200 (new)
Bowser Jr.1,500 (new; moved from 950)
King Bowser2,000 (new; moved from 1,000)
Dry Bowser3,000
Power Moon4,000 (new)
Shine Sprite5,000
Power Star6,000 (changed from 7,000 to 6,000)
Waluigi8,000 (new)
Wario10,000 (new)
Star Spirit12,000 (moved from 10,000)
Celestial Guide15,000
Donkey Kong20,000
Yoshi25,000 (moved from 75,000)
Mushroom Attendant35,000
Mushroom Princess50,000
Super Plumber75,000 (new)
Pink Gold Peach100,000

I suppose now's not the time to have the shake up in ranking. Perhaps another time...

I'd be Wario and will have missed Waluigi, damnit. Then I'd go back to Star Spirit next, but at least having Wario as a rank for a while would be sweet (or considering his character, quite the opposite :wario:)

Back