Mario games that you think should be remade or recieve a Deluxe treatment.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
For me, here are the games that I think that should receive a remake/remaster:

*Paper Mario 64 (as Paper Mario Chronicles)
*Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
*Super Mario Sunshine
*Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

Here are the games that I think deserve a Deluxe/Second Edition (SE) treatment:
*Super Mario 3D World
*Super Mario 3D Land

3D World deserves a second edition because it it is the worst selling 3D Mario title of all time surpassing Sunshine. It could receive additional levels based on Super Mario Odyssey like Treasure Tracker did, along with having Daisy and Pauline as extra unlockable characters in addition to the all the original post game levels. It would make it even better than the original. 3D Land could also have a Peach mode added into the game along with extra levels as post game content.

Additionally I would also like the remasters/second editions of the 3D Mario titles to be part of a Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection. That would be nice to have.

EDIT:07/24/18 = Got rid of Ultra Smash since Aces is already a better game and replaced it with 3D Land.

If remake's purpose is to reintroduce a classic to a new generation, I think Donkey Kong on Gameboy and Super Mario Land would be fine Mario contenders.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.
That's a good one. It could be on Switch.

It's not an upgrade if they get rid of character switching stuff. It'll be a downgrade.

Wario and Luigi are what made Super Mario 64 DS far more interesting. It's even better that Wario sucks and you can drown him and even make him suffocate (!) in Hazy Maze Cave fart for reasons I will never understand.

Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. I'd like Super Paper Mario too and maybe have a deluxe / limited edition package with all of em together, but the first 2 probably need it the most as it's probably the only hope they have left of having a classic style PM game built for a modern console.

And, continue with the original M&L trilogy on the 3DS, we'll have just about come full circle.

I want Bowser's inside story to be remade only because I'm still miffed the original version doesn't have a gauntlet for Bowser.

How about we have Super Mario 64 HD it'll be based on the DS version but Peach will be wearing her classic dress like in the original and with her hair tied back into a ponytail like the DS version. Peach did wear her hair up in her classic dress in Paper Mario TTYD after she took a shower.

ponytail_classic_peach_by_pwwnd123-d993xny.png

Baby Luigi said:
It's not an upgrade if they get rid of character switching stuff. It'll be a downgrade.

Well, I like the concept of character switching, but the way it's handled made some of the stars a chore.

They should improve on it than get rid of it entirely. I enjoy getting to play as Luigi and cause Wario to suffer in a Mario platformer for once.

I got a great idea, we could have Super Mario 3D All Stars. It will have remasters of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. It will also have ports of Super Mario 3D Land and 3D World. Super Mario Odyssey can be included. And when Super Mario Galaxy 3 is made we can have Super Mario Galaxy Trilogy. It will be like what Metroid Prime Trilogy was for Metroid Prime but it will have Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 HD Remastered and Super Mario Galaxy 3 in one package.

I would like to see what the developers could do with a Mario Kart 7 Deluxe, in which that game is given more development time due to that game having to be rushed to be completed before 2011 was over. From my understanding of that game, it's only got the basic expected features found, namely the GP, Time Trials, Online and the Battle mode (but no VS for practicing the course in single player). Oddly enough, there's no DLC for that game at all, unlike Mario Kart 8, even though that game has surpassed 10 million copies sold so there's a lot of potential here.

Another game that I could like to see is a game based on Wario's Wood, but dropping the Wario name for the Toad name (but still featuring Wario). It should at least combine the aspects of the NES and the SNES version of the game. The NES for the unique boss levels, and the SNES for the CPU battles and pure Round game (the version without bosses). Adding online would be a decent addition to this game.

Thank you for reading.

I think Mario Sports Mix could have a Deluxe version. It could have more content than the original and be in full HD.

winstein said:
I would like to see what the developers could do with a Mario Kart 7 Deluxe, in which that game is given more development time due to that game having to be rushed to be completed before 2011 was over. From my understanding of that game, it's only got the basic expected features found, namely the GP, Time Trials, Online and the Battle mode (but no VS for practicing the course in single player). Oddly enough, there's no DLC for that game at all, unlike Mario Kart 8, even though that game has surpassed 10 million copies sold so there's a lot of potential here.

Another game that I could like to see is a game based on Wario's Wood, but dropping the Wario name for the Toad name (but still featuring Wario). It should at least combine the aspects of the NES and the SNES version of the game. The NES for the unique boss levels, and the SNES for the CPU battles and pure Round game (the version without bosses). Adding online would be a decent addition to this game.

Thank you for reading.

With all the similarites Mario Kart 8 has to 7 code wise, i'd say that 8 is basically that.

Super Mario 64. Metroid prime trilogy.

Back