Yoshi's Crafted World

Mousers are not Paper Mario characters, hate to break it to you. They originated from the original Yoshi's Island and I think they were present in Yoshi's New Island.

Digging this out of the depths because:

1. There was recently a demo.
2. Yoshi can wear these little boxes that provide extra health. Really cute.
3. I'm not exactly sure on the requirements for pinned topics, but this is one the big Nintendo games this year. Perhaps it should be stickied?...

The DK Emoji IRL said:
Digging this out of the depths because:

1. There was recently a demo.
2. Yoshi can wear these little boxes that provide extra health. Really cute.
3. I'm not exactly sure on the requirements for pinned topics, but this is one the big Nintendo games this year. Perhaps it should be stickied?...

I know this thread was Stickied at one point, but because there weren't anything of note (this game was announced in E3 2017, remember) it was un-stickied. I think it's safe to put it back to the spotlight again.

Thank you for reading.

Looks to be a quality platformer. Won't be able to get it on release but it's definitely on my to do list.

I can't wait to play the game but honestly, what I really dislike is the music. It's so bad I had to turn the volume down while watching the promo. GIGANTIC step-down from Woolly World.

Say what you want about Yoshi's New Island, but aside from those three kazoo-ridden pieces (which were uninspiredly placed in early parts of the game, probably why the whole soundtrack gets so criticised for these alone), the game actually had a pleasant soundtrack. Crafted World's soundtrack on the other hand is repetitive and pierces my ears.

But yeah, other than that, it appears to have good gameplay and tbh I enjoyed the demo.

Spoilers for the final boss and ending.

I swear if that's not the best final boss in a yoshi game, then it's at least 2nd best.

I think I'll wait a little longer after the release before buying it. I mean, I don't have much pocket money right now and I still haven't beaten Shovel Knight.

Just finished downloading. Gonna try and get all them flowers.

Have fun everyone!

I'd honestly rather buy the physical version, considering apparently, digital games require a lot more storage.

Cannot WAIT to play, been waiting patiently since E3 2017. Got no money at the moment but I should have it in a few weeks.

I have the game. It's really dang good.
Spoilers and a (relatively) thorough overview below.

Bosses are on the quick and easy side; I haven't completed it yet though, so I don't k ow about the last couple bosses. My favorite so far is definitely the Gator Train.

One of my early worries was that it would be really short, like Yoshi's Story. I am glad to say that that is not the case, and that it's actually really long. I've been playing since yesterday, and I've only gotten half the Dream Gems. So far the most annoying level is Haunted Maker Mansion, at least in my playthrough.

The costumes are delights, and I appreciate that some of the cutest costumes give the least defense increase, you really have to decide to look cute or be buff.

Baby Bowser and Kamek are the stars, imo. Their dialogue is great, and it definitely seems like as the games go on, Bowser keeps growing more and more (I haven't played New Island or Woolly World though, so I don't know if he lost the baby talk in those or not). Yoshi can actually talk to the two, and there have been a couple times where you can either agree or disagree with Baby Bowser (I.e., saying if he should have a cool train or not).

I'm a touch sad that you can't have the underutilized Yoshi colors (black, white, and brown), at least as far as I know. That's about it though, as changing Yoshi colors is easy to do on the fly.

Collectables are relatively easy to 100% the first time through, if you're looking out for them. I haven't been doing flip-sides of levels yet, but I'd say that if you found the level easy then you'd be able to do the flipped side just as easily.

Overall, I'd say this probably the most fun I've ever had with a 2D platformer! 10/10 from me.

Back