Yoshi's Crafted World

Re: Yoshi Switch game

Moldomré said:
I hope it's not real. That name is so bland and it seems like a soft reboot of Wooly World.
Well, it's better than "Yoshi's Flipping Island", at least.

I actually would prefer that name. So if the game is bad, at least its name is something a little redeeming about it.

Moldomré said:
I hope it's not real. That name is so bland and [..]
like all the other yoshi games?

Who cares about the name of the game?

I mean I would get it if it were totally unrelated to the game, but I'm pretty sure it takes place in a crafted world.

Eh, I want a return to the Island. It's like they're trying to make a new series with the craft/yarn theme. That type of theme is overrated and overused anyway.

They seem to be leaving the Yoshi's Island games to handhelds now, and making similar games (that don't have crying babies) for consoles.

Ultimately, though, theme doesn't matter (even though I do like the craft theme). Crying babies don't either. As long as it's good. And this looks to be as great as Woolly World.

Yoshi's Crafted World is an extremely apt name from what we've seen of the game. It's like Yoshi's Woolly World but with more craft materials than wool, ergo Yoshi's Crafted World.

"Woolly World" worked because it was alliterative and rolled off the tongue. I feel like whoever came up with "Crafted World" missed that. (I mean, the name makes sense, though.)

JC said:
"Woolly World" worked because it was alliterative and rolled off the tongue. I feel like whoever came up with "Crafted World" missed that. (I mean, the name makes sense, though.)
Could've been "Crafted Country".

I though it was "Yoshi's Paper World" or something!

Yoshi's Island: What a Load of Craft

Those are some... crafty names there.

Moldomré said:
Princess Mario said:
Yoshi's Island: What a Load of Craft

This is exactly what I think of the title!

Hopefully the gimmick it's introducing will be worthwhile.
The fact that each level has two very different sides makes things sound very interesting. I fully expect this to be a great game.

We need a thread title update. It's been called "Yoshi Switch game" all this time. At least with Mario + Rabbids, a moderator had the initiative to update the thread title.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
We need a thread title update. It's been called "Yoshi Switch game" all this time. At least with Mario + Rabbids, a moderator had the initiative to update the thread title.

Thank you for reading.
Kinda like the NSMBU Deluxe thread that still has "Switch port rumors" in the title after all this time.

Though the Sundream Stones look like they are one per world, the gameplay shown on Nov. 11 showed three of those Sundream Stones on the World Map, two of which couldn't be gotten without getting Smiley Flowers first. Also, the thing that holds them appeared then on the loading screen, which makes me wonder what the other two things do.

Something I just noticed: the "Crafted World" subtitle looks a lot like the Mario font, no doubt due to how the folding of the letters made it look angular like Mario's font. I've always viewed Yoshi as more Mario spin-off than its own thing, so this detail pleases me.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:

Thank you for reading.
there ya go

Back