Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
my opinion of the thing didn't change, 20 snes games you don't even get to keep for an already slipshod subscription """""service""""" that shouldn't even cost anything to begin with, especially in today's environment where every corporation is begging for you to subscribe to their shitty service just like it.

oh and there's the real probability i'll lose out my ssbu kreed music modifications and ability to beat up mr. krabs in mario kart 8 deluxe so there's that.

Hey, it's poll day, and here's the new poll!

How important is a Mario game's soundtrack to your enjoyment of the game?
  • The soundtrack is one of the most important aspects of a Mario game to me.
  • I appreciate a quality soundtrack, but there are one or two aspects of the game that are more important to me (such as gameplay or story).
  • Soundtracks are important to me, but their importance varies between the different Mario series.
  • Soundtracks are far from the most important aspects of a Mario game to me, but I do still appreciate it when a soundtrack is good.
  • The soundtrack means nothing to me in Mario games.
  • I have no opinion, or don't listen to Mario soundtracks.

Option 2. Gameplay is important, but good music is one of the first things that contribute to the enjoyment of a video game to me.

Soundtracks are far from the most important aspects of a Mario game to me, but I do still appreciate it when a soundtrack is good.

since i just end up either replacing music or turning music off if i have the opportunity.

I'll have to go with Option 2. Yes, gameplay is more important, but presentation is another crucial part of any game. Soundtrack is part of that, and without a good soundtrack, the game just isn't as memorable. Soundtracks can also be one of the main things that gets me interested in a game to start with. It's definitely important to me, even if gameplay matters more.

Gameplay is definitely more important, but a good sound track can make exploring enjoyable. Using Breath of the Wild as an example (I know this is talking about Mario, but whatever), exploring Hyrule is kind of boring if there's nothing energetic playing.

Music in video games (and not just Mario) is good thing to have. It isn't quite the same without it. That is why if it is possible to play the game with the music, I'll take the opportunity. But that doesn't mean that I would listen to all video game music. Luckily, most of the music in Mario is good to hear. There are some exceptions like MLSSBM's Teehee Valley Remix. But luckily, I am able to mute any music I don't want to listen to. As for where I would place music, I would place it right after gameplay. Gameplay is more important. As for story... would depend on the game. And most Mario games don't have a lot of story to them. But others are based on the story. And if the game has story, I would place it above music. But nothing else would be above music besides gameplay and story. In conclusion: I chose option 2.

Option 3 for me, because I appreciate every Mario game having a stellar soundtrack, but soundtracks are far more important to me in mainline Mario and Mario Kart than, say, Mario Golf

Option 4: I love Mario music. It's really catchy and enjoyable. But despite that, while you're playing the game, you won't notice it all that much, especially considering the main focus of the game is usually the gameplay and stuff. I enjoy listening to mario music when I have free time and while I'm not playing a game.

• I appreciate a quality soundtrack, but there are one or two aspects of the game that are more important to me (such as gameplay or story).
One of my biggest criticisms of Tennis Open is how for reasons unknown they decided on a mid-quality tournament-soundtrack that plays for every tournament in replacement of the higher-quality court soundtracks

I'm stuck between two and four, I really appreciate a great soundtrack, and if it's good enough it will probably enhance my enjoyment, but overall I'm not really playing a game to listen to the music.

Option 4.

I love myself a good ost, but the gameplay is what has to carry the whole game. Ya can't play it, can't enjoy it. Applies to any game ever, tbh.

Here's the sunday poll! This is Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020's week, so from what you could see from this game...

What are your thoughts on Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020?
  • It looks like the best game of the Mario & Sonic series.
  • The game seems decent, but is definitely not the best of the series.
  • I find it worse than previous games of the series.
  • I think this game was unnecessary, and the series should end with that one.
  • I don't have an opinion.

Option 1. They really pulled out all the stops this time!

Not sure if I'll actually get the game, but from what I've seen I'd say option 1 for me

Another sunday, another new poll!

In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Ryu, Ken, and Terry Bogard have special inputs that allow for move changes. What is your opinion on this mechanic?
  • I think it is an interesting mechanic that adds complexity to these characters, and that it improves them
  • While it's an interesting mechanic, I think the complexity is unnecessary in a game like Smash.
  • I feel the mechanic is unnecessary, but it doesn't have a negative effect.
  • I feel it actively detracts from these characters and their movesets.
  • I don't have an opinion.

Option 5. I don't have Smash Ultimate yet, so this is the only logical choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back