Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going with Option 2. A lot of the captures only have one or two abilities that are often very situational. Sure, you have captures like Pokio where the entire level is based around it, but that’s one of the few exceptions.

I feel that Captures added a lot to the game so it's pretty much a fulfilled concept, but I feel that the game didn't focus on all the Captures equally. We have captures that are fleshed out in usages such as the Pokio, Gushen, Sherm and even old favourites like Cheep Cheep, but I feel that there are some that didn't quite get developed, such as the Fire Bro and the T-Rex (as in, a big deal is made around it, yet there are only few uses for it). Certain captures only act as simple transportation like the rocket and the taxi, which felt like missed opportunities, since they could have provided so much more, but they are just different ways to transport Mario to different locations.

Thank you for reading.

Although the moveset could be expanded, the fact that the captures are more for situational things than permanent things, means I'm perfectly content with how they are. Option #1 for me.

The Pyro Guy said:
What do you enjoy most about WarioWare Gold?

-I have not yet played WarioWare Gold.

Spent my game budget for August on a handful of used games and a Xbox 360, so I didn't really have enough to get WarioWare Gold yet.

The Pyro Guy said:
Do you think you will get WarioWare Gold?

-Yes, I intend to get it, but I'm not sure when.

Probably around Christmas.

Alex95 said:
Did you enjoy the implementation of the Capture mechanic in Super Mario Odyssey?

*Yes, I feel like the number of Captures added a lot of variety to the game.

'Twas fun using many staple mooks own abilities against them, nothing more satisfying than giving Hammer Bros. a taste of their own medicine.

Lil' bit late, so sorry for that. Anyway, new poll!

Are you happy with Daisy's inclusion as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?
  • Yes, I'm happy with her inclusion as-is
  • Yes, but I still wish she was a unique character, rather than an Echo Character.
  • No, but I would be happy if Daisy was a fully unique fighter.
  • No, I'm not happy with her being playable.
  • No, but I would be alright with her appearing in some other role. "(i.e. Assist Trophy, Stage Hazard)"
  • I have no opinion on her inclusion.

I voted for the first option. I consider her inclusion to be pretty harmless, even if I didn't particularly want her in the game.

I was one of the people rooting for her, so I'm glad she's in. Was hoping she would have a moveset related to spinoff titles, but an Echo Fighter was completely expected and makes sense. So, first option :daisy:

Option 1.

I'm just happy for the fans. And while I have complained about the Daisy fandom in the past, I realize how wrong I was, so you know, at this point I just personally think it's cool to see her here.

Maybe I would like her inclusion if I was hyped for Smash Ultimate, but since I am not even hyped for that, I have no opinion on her inclusion (option 6).

Not massively happy with her inclusion, I feel like there are more important Mario characters, but I would be happy with her being an Assist Trophy, or an alternate skin for Peach like Alph is for Olimar.

option 2

I voted Option 2: "Yes, but I still wish she was a unique character, rather than an Echo Character.". I am glad that Daisy is included, but I also wished she followed the same principles in how Melee's "clones", for lack of a better word, were handled. Essentially they are all standalones by Smash's definition (Pichu for example has his own number) despite inheriting moves from another character, so that Daisy could feasibly diverge from Peach in subsequent games, rather than being doomed to be unable to differentiate herself further as a status of being an "Echo".

Thank you for reading.

The Pyro Guy said:
Are you happy with Daisy's inclusion as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?
  • Yes, I'm happy with her inclusion as-is
  • Yes, but I still wish she was a unique character, rather than an Echo Character.

Kind of both of these, I'm happy that she made it in for those who want to use her but I do hope this Echo Fighter thing leads to these characters getting some unique boons and banes that will set them apart from the fighter that their echoing in later entries in the series.

Option 1. I'm happy to see her playable in the ultimate Smash Bros game. Her idle, taunt, and victory animations made her personality really stand out.

(2013 me would be VERY happy)

Guess what? New poll.

Where do you believe Nintendo should focus its resources in order to deliver its legacy content to fans?

- Virtual Console
- Enhanced Remakes and Ports (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the Super Mario Advance line)
- Ports (New Play Control line, Arcade Archives)
- Classic Edition Consoles
- Compilation Releases (Super Mario All-Stars, Game and Watch Gallery line)
- Paid Subscription Services (Nintendo Switch Online Service)
- I believe Nintendo needs to find new ways to deliver its legacy content
- I would rather see Nintendo focus on producing new content over releasing old content

Option 1 for me. Not a fan of what Nintendo are offering with the online service.

Virtual Console, but with the current way how they run, with the annoying drip-feeding content and also lacking games from more recent generations, it's still not the best option, assuming they'll continue doing that. The other ones, I feel, aren't justified for the majority of legacy content.

added option: classic edition versions, but actually stock the bloody items for everyone

Virtual Console, for the following reasons...
-Remakes are too expensive for the developers, and we'll get fewer games that way.
-Ports are too expensive for consumers, and we may get fewer games this way too.
-Classic Editions prevent us from choosing the games we want.
-Compliation releases have the same problems as remakes. They're too expensive for the developers, and as such we will get fewer games.
-Subscriptions stink. Enough said.
-Virtual Console is a nice, inexpensive way to play classic games just as they were originally intended. It's a shame the Switch is ditching it. But Nintendo doesn't need to make a new option, just bring back an old one.
-I'm more interested in Nintendo's past releases than their future ones.

Compilations.

Get a bunch of remastered games at once, nuff said.

All Virtual Console needed was GameCube and it would've made the handheld-capable Switch the literal ultimate Nintendo machine for anytime, anywhere, any Nintendo system, any style of play. And it would've made Nintendo more money so everyone wins. But no, it was apparently time to retire it in favor of renting a few NES games that you probably lose when the service ends instead. Talk about the downgrade of the century.

Sooo yeah Virtual Console plz. Though a Paper Mario HD compilation would satisfy immensely for me as well.

just make gamecube easily obtainable/playable again. that hasnt happened since....2009? as opposed to every other other nintendo system being available since then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back