Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

If you wait long enough on the Mario Golf: World Tour loading screen, the screen will show a Bowser boss fight. Your golf ball will then trigger the axe and defeat Bowser.

I think someone on Tvtropes pointed out that all the characters on that boxart appear in Super Mario 3D World.

incidentally, they all appear in Odyssey

huh, I wonder why

Hey that's barely true in Rosalina's case.
And wasn't true until about a couple weeks ago for Weege.

Well, that group artwork of MK8 used for the boxart broke the trend of "having at least the Main Six (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, Yoshi) in the boxart" for a Mario spin-off game.

This MK8 artwork features the Main Six.
Illustration_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

And this artwork is the right artwork. The all racers are going the right way, whereas the box artwork has two racers racing the wrong way.

The Super Mario logo used since 3D World was colored to represent the four SMB2 characters as well as Cat Mario:
M was red for Mario.
A was green for Luigi.
R was yellow for Cat Mario.
I was blue for Toad.
O was pink for Peach.
Logo_EN_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

This is actually the current logo for the series, with the exception of the O, which is sometimes stylized to fit the theme of the game.

All characters but Rosalina say ''3D THE WORLD'' after Mario says ''SUPER MARIO'' in the title screen.

Rosalina , along with others can say ''meow'' afterwards tho.

YFJ said:
The Super Mario logo used since 3D World was colored to represent the four SMB2 characters as well as Cat Mario:
M was red for Mario.
A was green for Luigi.
R was yellow for Cat Mario.
I was blue for Toad.
O was pink for Peach.
Logo_EN_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

This is actually the current logo for the series, with the exception of the O, which is sometimes stylized to fit the theme of the game.
Probably a coincidence, but the "outline" of the logo is black. :rosalina:

infinite8 said:
Speaking of the 3D World logo, the "MARIO" from Mario + Rabbids uses the same colours as 3D World.
800px-MRKB_Logo.png

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/nintendo/images/c/cd/Mario_Party_The_Top_100_logo.png/revision/latest?cb=20170914145403&path-prefix=en empahsises the use of the rainbow colors and I love it!

Getting an albatross in Mario Golf: World Tour is a lot easier than I thought.

Go to Wiggler Park, hole 3, with items enabled. You should have a Bullet Bill as one of the starting items. Use the Bullet Bill to drive the ball straight onto the green. You may also be able to do this with Rosalina without a Bullet Bill. Your second stroke will be an albatross putt. If you landed the ball in just the right place, this will be a really easy albatross, with no chip-in necessary. Plus, you basically get a free costume if you do this thrice.

Spooky Hoppers in Mario+Rabbids have a hole in their bodies.

I dunno it was kinda apparent I guess but I just didn't assume it was a hole.

When I was farming coins for the suit of armor costume in New Donk City's festival, I tried jumping off of the rooftop where Pauline and the New Donker band were performing their song so I could restart back at the checkpoint but Mario got encapsulated in a bubble and brought back to the platform.

It’s a shame honestly though. I mean it could’ve offered a chance of more exploration. I noticed that right away because I wanted to see if there was anything that could be done.

When Yoshi turns into an airplane in Yoshi's Wooly World they call him "Sky Pop Yoshi" a reference to Super Mario Land. I just noticed that now while watching my friend play it. I beat the game twice and never noticed that before.

I didn't realise that the Japanese Mario Kart 64 voice clips were reused in not only Mario Kart: Super Circuit, but the first two Mario Party games. For some odd reason, Luigi and Wario's "Oh my God!" were original. I guess it's due to how different they sounded.

Due to the GBA's compressed sound, I thought that Peach said "Yu-gi-oh!" instead of "Here we go!", and the thing is I never heard of Yu-Gi-Oh! so when I first seen Yu-Gi-Oh it sounded oddly familiar.

Thank you for reading.

I noticed that as we started to like talk about it and dig deeper on stuff but definetely didn't notice the first time i got the respective games.

All i can remember is that i didn't really mind (i actually dislike it now) Peach ''engrish'' back in the day nor her terribly unenthusiastic voice in MK64. Peach in Mario Golf and Mario Party 3 was a massive improvement.

I loved Toad's JP voice tho, it was perfect imo , i don't like the raspy child like voice they went for later.

Luigi sounds so fresh and manly in USA MK64 but soooo high pitched in the JP one ... Wario is the only one that was consistently good in both choices.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I noticed that as we started to like talk about it and dig deeper on stuff but definetely didn't notice the first time i got the respective games.

All i can remember is that i didn't really mind (i actually dislike it now) Peach ''engrish'' back in the day nor her terribly unenthusiastic voice in MK64. Peach in Mario Golf and Mario Party 3 was a massive improvement.

I loved Toad's JP voice tho, it was perfect imo , i don't like the raspy child like voice they went for later.

Luigi sounds so fresh and manly in USA MK64 but soooo high pitched in the JP one ... Wario is the only one that was consistently good in both choices.

I prefer Toad's raspy voice only because it's so fun to impersonate him, and I thought it fit Toad well. In fact, when other people impersonate Toad, it tends to comes of as funny especially when saying something serious. With that said, Toad's less raspy voice is still pretty good.

I have to agree with Wario being pretty good, but I thought that his English Mario Kart 64 portrayal is strange when looking back, due to how high-pitched that sound. Can you imagine if that portrayal of Wario were to be used in Mario Party 1 and 2?

I am glad that Luigi's English Mario Kart 64 voice went on to be the standard Luigi voice, mainly because he sounded less like a high-pitched Mario and more like his own person (which is ironic because Mario and Luigi are voiced by the same guy).

I don't have an opinion on Peach, but I do know that for Daisy, going back to older games (Mario Party 4 and 5) to listen to how she sounded is kind of surreal, mainly because she had the current look, but not the voice.

Thank you for reading.

I really like Toad's raspy voice, and it's funny when guys try to make Toad impressions. They fail more often than not, but the attempt is always hilarious. I kind of miss Luigi's N64 voice in English Mario Kart 64 and Mario Tennis 64 though, it sounds deeper and more mature. I don't mind Luigi's voice today, I just miss that quality of voice.

I think Mario and Wario also sounded different back then. Mario's... deeper it seems. Wario is more, well, just listen to his Mario Tennis and Mario Kart 64 English voice. Higher pitched I think?

Let's not forget Martinet already had a established Mario voice since he started doing Mario.

He basically took over 4 more characters (Luigi,Wario,Waluigi and Baby Mario) by the N64 so that must have been quite the task to make each one be significantly different.

He totally has a good range, but let's not pretend Mario/Luigi and Luigi/Waluigi dont sound almost identical sometimes.

He was clearly experimenting doing the n64 games as Luigi,Wario and Waluigi had different tones in each N64 appearence when he took over meanwhile Mario sounded consistently the same.

It was during the GCN era when he finally found the right tone for each.

As for Toad ... i honestly don't like the route the went for that ... it's almost like they asked Jen to come out with something and she pulled off that voice to make it completely different from Peach, but even so there's some Toad sounds that are really similar to Peach so it gives away they had the same actress , same for Toadette when she debuted.

Daisy was the only character that i think, never sounded like Peach even when Jen was doing her voice.

Matter of fact , there was a time when most of the characters involved were exclusively voiced By both Jen and Charles , hell all the humans in MP3 and 4 are voiced by either Jen or Charles lol.

the Mario series really lacks variety in voice acting ... even less now that they are making everybody sound so high pitched and out of character ... looking at you, Rosalina.

Meanwhile, Bowser has only gotten better and better. :bowser:
Junior, I could take either of his voice actors. Casey is a good fit for the character, but I really like Dolores post-Sunshine (listen to stuff like Power Tennis to get what I mean).

Both are very similar but the difference is that Dolores did a more baby-ish voice , while Caety does are more bratty one.

Speaking of voices I really wish they credited the actors/actresses for the Superstar Saga characters. Even if the clips were reused from the original game, that one didn't credit them either. Fawful doesn't have the same voice as BIS so I'd like to know if it was the same person (Nami Funashima) from that game or someone else. And we don't know anything about Cackletta or Peasley or anyone else.

Also I've known this for a while but didn't when I first played the game: in M&L: Dream Team when the Shelltops teach you the Bros. hammer moves, one says "I saw this in a movie once." Superstar Saga was shown as a movie and it's where those moves debuted.

Back