Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Grunty Industries said:
If you have Daisy at the back of the kart in Double Dash and drive up a ramp, when the kart falls downwards her hair will move upwards, but the back of her head is completely invisible so you can see right through her head.
That would be her third eye and its mystical all-seeing properties.

Something that I did not notice before was the release date of the original Mario. I thought it was 1999 for some reason, but after a few years, I found out it was 1985. That was 2 or 3 years ago, though. Oh, and an off topic thing about Mario, I used to think the web browser was web bowser. Curse my stupid kid reading on the internet from a few years ago!

Swiftie_Luma said:
that comment sounds awkwardly dirty.

Welcome to the Mario Boards!

Anyway, I never noticed all the Luigis in 3D World for a long time.

I've known that ever since I known Goldeneye 007.

Besides, it's not really a cameo of him. It's a mode named after him, and it's a fricking hilarious mode.

Until I read it on MarioWiki, I never realized that the Sound FX P was Bowser's growl.

Grunty Industries said:
If you have Daisy at the back of the kart in Double Dash and drive up a ramp, when the kart falls downwards her hair will move upwards, but the back of her head is completely invisible so you can see right through her head.
I played as all the time, what with her being my second favorite character and all, so I knew this long ago :P

Baby Luigi said:
I've known that ever since I known Goldeneye 007.

Besides, it's not really a cameo of him. It's a mode named after him, and it's a fricking hilarious mode.

His face is visible on a mountainside in the Dam mission. That's the cameo I was talking about.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I played as all the time, what with her being my second favorite character and all, so I knew this long ago :P

Well I didn't know that, since I never use her.

Peach has dialogue in 3D World's intro: She says "Wait!" before jumping down the clear pipe.

In 3D World, a character's facial expression changes depending on how far up the goal pole they get at the end of a level.

In 3D World, the beat of the music will determine what you get inside a Lucky House.

Until recently, I always said Electrodome, not Electrodrome.

For three years, I didn't know Solo Mode in Mario Party 6 had a turn limit of 50 turns.

If you drive into a Freezie in Double Dash before a blue shell blows you up, you will be immune to the explosion. I haven't tested this with a lightning bolt though.

When Delfino Plaza is flooded, Purple Toad's vest will be inexplicably blue. Also, the manhole cover beneath the west bell tower is missing (presumably it's the one that appears in the jail).

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
If you drive into a Freezie in Double Dash before a blue shell blows you up, you will be immune to the explosion. I haven't tested this with a lightning bolt though.
afaik, pretty sure you're immune to the lightning bolt as well. I know you get immunity while you're stunned, so no reason for Freezie to not grant you an immunity.

The Potted Piranha Plant can eat Blurkers in 3D World.

For every firework you get at the end of a level, you'll gain 1000 points.

Mario Party 8's Wii select screen is a bunch of Mario characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, Toad, Toadette) shouting the game's name (with Luigi's "whee" being heard last if I recall correctly). I used to think it was just a generic crowd.

Until I saw a video about it, I never noticed the glitch in Luigi's Mansion where Luigi's shadow appears to be hanging itself. ......Y'know, it's probably a good thing that I didn't see it as a kid. Dat be pure nightmare fuel right there!

On a more lighthearted note, as a kid I didn't know Lakitus were members of the Koopa family because of their noses and I though Buzzy Beetles were actually beetles. Later on I discovered otherwise, of course.

Back when I didn't know about space travel and relativity and all that sciency stuff, I just thought Rosalina lived a long time because she chose to be mother of the Lumas, and so some sort of Power Star magic made her ageless. I mean, if you become the Mother of the Cosmos, you're gonna need to be given an extended lifespan.

Even after I've learned about relativity, it still confused me to no end. So to save myself the headache of having to think about it, I still like going with my childhood headcanon.

That emblem reminds me of a Ferrari or Lamborghini logo

In Super Mario 64, Yoshi will tell Mario "It that really you?" instead of "Is that really you?"

I didn't notice the error until I read the Errata section on The Mushroom Kingdom.

Thanks for reading.

That's caused by jiggle bone physics. Donkey Kong's tie, Wario's helmet thing, Ganondorf's cape...yeah they all have jiggle bones.

Back