Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Reminds me that Baby Luigi mumbles and slurs things all the time. I never thought he said "Checkered flaggie for Luigi" in Double Dash (I originally thought it was gibberish) until I've visited this wiki. His winning quotes in Mario Kart Wii are hard to decipher too. One of his second place quotes could say "Almost win" or "Always win", though the first one makes more sense.

LeftyGreenMario said:
In Double Dash, I thought Luigi was saying "Who's number one now? Me." but it's hard to tell while hearing the music. He's actually saying "Luigi", not "me".
I thought he was saying a combination of me and Luigi that came out as "Meegee".
Baby Luigi said:
Reminds me that Baby Luigi mumbles and slurs things all the time. I never thought he said "Checkered flaggie for Luigi" in Double Dash (I originally thought it was gibberish) until I've visited this wiki.
As for Baby Luigi, it always sounded to me like, "They go crazy for Weegee!".

I used to think Bowser's voice sounded like a roaring sound. Then I got older and realized he was in fact making a roaring sound.

Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Reminds me that Baby Luigi mumbles and slurs things all the time. I never thought he said "Checkered flaggie for Luigi" in Double Dash (I originally thought it was gibberish) until I've visited this wiki.
Huh, now I'm listening to it, it sounds like "checkered bwankie (blankie?)/wankie/ranking for weegee". But not "flaggie", there is a clear "bwah" noise in there.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Huh, now I'm listening to it, it sounds like "checkered bwankie (blankie?)/wankie/ranking for weegee". But not "flaggie", there is a clear "bwah" noise in there.

I just noticed that too! "Checkered bwankie for Weegee! Woo hoo!"

Anyone remember discovering that Wario owns a pharmacy in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

What does Wario Pharmacy have to do with Wario aside from Dr. Wario?

In MK7 , during a considerable period of time i thought Rosalina said ''Haha'' when passing someone.

She actually says ''Tata''.

However, in Mario Golf WT. Rosalina (as Kerri Kane once again) has a voice clip that sounds identical to her ''Tata'' in MK7 but this time she actually says ''Haha''.

Just a fun fact.

The background texture used for Shy Guy's Perplex Express is actually a stretched-out photo of the Tokachidake mountain range in Hokkaido, Japan,

I used to think in Mario Kart Double Dash, when you come 2nd or 3rd with Baby Luigi as one of your 2 characters, he said "Bibi Weegee, number, number 1!", but later realised he said "Bibi Weegee Number, not 1!"

It's hard to find. I found it when I was screwing around with my twin, and we decided to blow ourselves up to see what the sign is saying.

Mcmadness said:
I never knew about the owl in whomp's fortress for YEARS. And yes I had managed to get all 120 stars without knowing about it.
Yeah same. Having to use the cannon to do Fall into the Cage was pretty awful. My brother still chooses the cannon over the owl and I'll never understand why.

I guess on that note, it was years before I realised you could run onto the other rooves in Big Boos Balcony. I'd always have to do it in a single sprint.

The clouds and the bushes in the original Super Mario Bros. are the same sprite but recolored.

Vikavolt said:
Yeah same. Having to use the cannon to do Fall into the Cage was pretty awful. My brother still chooses the cannon over the owl and I'll never understand why.

I guess on that note, it was years before I realised you could run onto the other rooves in Big Boos Balcony. I'd always have to do it in a single sprint.

I didn't use the cannon either. I long jumped from the top of the tower.

In Double Dash, DK Mountain is visible in the backgrounds of Baby Park and Dino Dino Jungle.

Look very closely at Peach in the intro to Toadstool Tour when she is about to hit the ball. She swings the club, the sfx play, but the ball doesn't move.

The intercom voice in Super Bell Subway speaks in (grammatically incorrect) German.

Aqua said:
It took me years to realise that DKC2's title was "diddy's kong quest" and not "diddy kong's quest"

It took quite a while for me to realize that too.

Wario will say "Sorry" if you listen to Wario Worlds pause music for 50 minutes.

Back