ITT: Post Mario bootleg

It's in Mindless Junk tho, so only people that has an account can view it.

Maybe it's to spare the guests!

Today we are exploring the dark world of Donkey Kong joke books (emphasis on the plural)

C_F2ZrYVoAAAhJP.jpg

C_F2ZraU0AAj_Qi.jpg

dramatic reading @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9wPeXq7Cp-qZW9hQkg5SWt2Vmc/view

btw I'm five minutes in that audiobook and there's already a sentence very clearly lifted from the wiki's Mario (franchise) page

Magikrazy said:
Wow, if LeftyGreenMario were still here, she'd HATE that backstory section.

Oh yes she will.

Maybe this book will revive her from the dead and post here again. Maybe vanity publishing will have a bright side to it after all!!!

Super Mario: Hilarious Super Mario Bros[sic] Jokes

KR6QsYF.png

K4d9U8v.jpg

Glowing reviews

This is a good book I like it a lot. I used one of the jokes from the book my son burst with laughter. It was funny and cool and I learned a lot about Mario. I'm a huge super Mario fan so this made sense to me. I recommended this to all of my super Mario friends.

Bought for a five year old, who is now telling his own jokes. These, go on and on and on and on, and then I have to laugh at a punch line that has nothing to do with what he's already told me? So, I thought this may 'help'. It is a very good, simple book with easy to read 'funny' jokes ! It may just save a life !

Got this for my innocent 9 year old son who idolizes Luigi as a basket item from the Easter Bunny. The first part of this book is fine, however the second part is absolutely inappropriate, and quite honestly very distasteful with "jokes" from a much older time period where as a kid in the 80's I felt awkward around older adults who felt it was socially acceptable to be racist and to discriminate. I think every copy of this should be pulled and destroyed and the author should not be permitted to sell materials like this geared towards children or teens, regardless of "free speech" as this is just wrong.

Alright, that first one is very clearly from a late 2000's Facebook meme, but with the setup changed slightly and a bit of the punchline removed. The second one is stolen from a newspaper comic called The Argyle Sweater.
4961351_700b_v1.jpg

4c545f12057354a625d9129b2a10d479.jpg

Diary of an Adult Plumber and His Also Adult Friends Who Are 5th Graders Stuck in Elementary Grade Home School Out of All Things.

Mario's Early Years: The Novel said:
This is an idea that could appeal to a lot of people who grew up with Mario Brothers video games. This book is a diary from the perspective of Mario himself. He is a fifth grader in a class taught by his aunt and consequently gets some special treatment. This can get him into trouble at times, and he makes some poor decisions. The relationships in the story all relate very closely to the Mario Brothers games, except that they are told through the voice of Mario as a child. This gives his character an interesting change, and affects how he thinks and his misconceptions. It is also interesting because this is set in a time where some characters have not yet met.

As a huge fan of Mario, I found this book to be a small but fun read. It gives an inside look to the thoughts of the plumber himself. I always wondered what he thought during his adventures. This book kind of changes a bit of his I look at Mario.

GspvExc.png
du55V70.png

The only thing this book was panned for was no. pictures.

why the hell are they so popular?

Baby Luigi said:
why the hell are they so popular?
I'm pretty sure it's just one guy who keeps churning them out even if nobody's reading them. If I had to guess, it's either a kid who enjoys both the Mario franchise and Diary of a Wimpy Kid and just wanted to write stories about them, or it's someone who saw all of the other crossovers between Mario and Diary of a Wimpy Kid and mistakenly thought that it was profitable.

It's the same ideas as thoose creepy Spider-man/Elsa videos on Youtube. Get search engine results by mashing two popular brands, flood the market, use indian/russian fake reviews farms to give an air of legitimacy and sucker money from undiscerning parents looking to shut their kids up.

UltraMario finally stars in his own game! He even seems happy about it!

711u6XtFaaL.png

Featuring the beloved titular MarioWiki user plus charming characters like tiny red Eduardos from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, cute red and green dragons, wild sheep, whoever the hell is that thing in Snow iLand, cut-paste sticker Star Coins, a huge looming touchscreen D-pad, propped-up Banzai Bills, and of course terrible text kerning in the UI. This game has lots to do including run, jump, shoot, ride, and even kill.

81VJVZS%2BlZL.png

81P37qtWNvL.png

UltraMario can ride the green dragons, but he is allergic to red dragons (nothing on purple dragons though), and he has to either avoid or kill wild sheep in a very quick action.

new costume in Odyssey when?

Weasel said:

First glance I initially read that as "Donkey Kong Sperm"

I had a bootleg console when I was little. It had a copy of Super Mario Bros. It also had a copy of the original Mario Bros. But instead of Mario and Luigi in the Mario Bros. game, there were
Teletubbies

There also were games that looked exactly the same but with different character, like a game were you control a robot, but another game looked the same but Hello Kitty was replacing the robot.

Back