2001: A Mario Odyssey

Time Turner said:
Can anyone confirm if regular Turnips appear in-game? There's this image, but it's a pre-release screenshot, and the Prima guide only mentions Golden Turnips.
Yes, there is a place where three turnips are found, one of which golden. Only found them in Luncheon.

I never associated their look with a penis... I mean, there are two wheels which accelerate the hat and one arrow to indicate the direction - and nothing more.

I wouldn't make the connection.

King Antasma said:
Meh I still think that's reaching.

Unlike Topper's very passionate request for Mario to go to hell.
I'm happy I'm not the only one who heard that.

I won't quote it for all of everyone's conveniences, you'll have to look it up on your own, but I'm warning you.

Once you read it, it will stay stuck in your mind, haunting you whenever you come across any of the compared object in question.

God I still need to wait a month and a half to get this game I don't know what spoilers to avoid what's wrong with me?

Luigi 64DD said:
King Antasma said:
Meh I still think that's reaching.

Unlike Topper's very passionate request for Mario to go to hell.
What was that quote again?
It plays during the Broodals' final fight.
AKA The RoboBrood

Just noticed a typo in the German version of the game. A moon in the Wooded Kingdom is called "Die Nuss im Roboterlaggerraum" (the nut in the robot storeroom), but the correct spelling would be "Die Nuss im Roboterlagerraum".

I got featured in a Nintendo Life compilation! Wahoo! It shows off impressive jumps and speed-run type stuff. They chose out of people sharing clips on Twitter with the hashtag #MarioMegaJump. There's 18 clips in the video, so I'm honored to be chosen with that relatively small number. Mine is at 4:13.

I believe they're gonna do another video, so it's not too late to share yours!

Nice accomplishment you silly goose. The games don't lie.

Where do people get all the names for all the enemies and bosses?

I think the in-game menu has a list of captures.

I believe there’s the Prima guide, but I myself don’t even have the game yet so I don’t know.

Btw Congrats Weeg64DD!

Well, I finally beat all the missions and got 999 Power Moons, so I guess that's something.

As for insane jumps... well there's always that video I saw on Twitter of someone using a glitch to bounce off a dog repeatedly so Mario ends up on the floating platform in the Sand Kingdom. That's kind of nuts.

https://twitter.com/Scykoh/status/929393386074750976

You can actually gain boosts of height with Glydon, allowing you to skip the second half of the final challenge.

winstein said:
This point seems to be glossed over, so I would like to bring this up again:

winstein said:
The amazing part with this thread is, so far the title has not been changed to the game's title. It still retains the 2001: A Space Odyssey reference. I know everybody knows what game it's referring to, but what's the reason for retaining the Space Odyssey reference?

If there's no good reason to retain it, could it be changed to the game's actual title like the other game-related threads?

Thank you for reading.
i have it like this because i think it's a cute title and i don't really see any pressing reason to change it because everyone knows it's the odyssey thread anyway

i haven't really been following the discussion of this game but i finally got to post game yesterday so here's my thoughts on the ending or whatever

i thought it was pretty great, ive heard that some people don't like it for some reason? idk i just thought it was funny how peach was like "lol i have better things to do" and flies off. plus now we get to see cute outfits she's wearing in other kingdoms. also, playing as bowser was great

Glydon said:
You can actually gain boosts of height with Glydon, allowing you to skip the second half of the final challenge.

The face of this guy when he discovered this, tho...

Back