2001: A Mario Odyssey

To me, it sounds like Bowser is mocking Mario.

Not surprising, he hates Mario.

Not surprising, he hates Mario.
Well, he tolerates him enough for the occasional sports match.
Wow, I pointed out the absurdity of mortal enemies frequently playing sport, what an original thing no-one's ever done!

The comparison of the first trailer of SMO vs just last hour ago JP trailer!!

https://imgur.com/a/QMfhC

Besides the graphical improvement, the only difference I notice is the addition of Bowser's slick new hairstyle.

Gotta look good for his big day.

I wonder, if there ever is a way to get a game over, would getting a game over resulting in Bowser Marrying Peach? Like, the screen says "Game Over" and Bowser is taunting you because he just married her?

Game Overs are all hypothetical at this point, but yeah, if they like creativity, a Game Over should be a scene where Bowser and Peach "happily" skid away in the sunset in a car or something.

It wouldn't be very effective to people who don't give a fuck about Peach and would gladly let Bowser have her if it meant he stops terrorizing the kingdom. Peach needs to learn to fight for herself, I mean she has in the past but why is this so inconsistent? One of the few things 3D World did better than other 3D Mario games.

Pretty sure he wouldn't stop even after marrying her since he wants to the rule the world and all that too.

I mean, at least then we can fight him for something more worthwhile than some helpless woman who won't bother defending herself despite having the capability to.

Something he also does even when trying to kidnap her.

And in this franchise, anybody can get kidnapped no matter how capable they may be. I mean, Mario himself has been kidnapped at least 4 or 5 times, probably more.

The Once-ler said:
I mean, at least then we can fight him for something more worthwhile than some helpless woman who won't bother defending herself despite having the capability to.

Or maybe Peach is having some secret business with Bowser?

Magikrazy said:
Or maybe she's a *bleep*ing hostage and knows if she tries to fight back, *bleep*'s just gonna get worse for her.
idk I always viewed Bowser as accommodating to Peach no matter what

The Once-ler said:
It wouldn't be very effective to people who don't give a *bleep* about Peach and would gladly let Bowser have her if it meant he stops terrorizing the kingdom. Peach needs to learn to fight for herself, I mean she has in the past but why is this so inconsistent? One of the few things 3D World did better than other 3D Mario games.
They have shown Peach actively tries to escape when captured. Mostly in the Paper Mario series but in 3D Land we get to see her attempts via mail. So I don't think Peach just sits there doing nothing.

I guess Bowser uses a hat to control Peach somehow to make her following him and wedding him? At least it is shown that Bowser can throw his hat like Mario does with Cappy.

It would be cool if they did a Mario game where you alternate playing between Mario and Peach, like in Treasure Tracker.

Mister Apple said:
It would be cool if they did a Mario game where you alternate playing between Mario and Peach, like in Treasure Tracker.

So you mean the first two Paper Mario games

According to the Japanese amiibo compatibility website, the following amiibo will unlock costumes: Mario, Dr. Mario, Gold Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, Wario, Waluigi and Diddy Kong

I imagine that the plumbers are simple colour unlocks since they have the same fashion sense as Mario, but the odd thing here is... Diddy Kong? Note that this list excludes Donkey Kong, and even Yoshi or Toad for that matter, so I wonder what on earth Diddy Kong even unlocks.

Refrigerator Kirby said:
I wonder, if there ever is a way to get a game over, would getting a game over resulting in Bowser Marrying Peach? Like, the screen says "Game Over" and Bowser is taunting you because he just married her?

I would like to think that it would be similar to Banjo-Kazooie: that is a game with lives, yes, but to get a game over, you can quit the game on the in-game pause menu, and then the Game Over cutscene plays. It basically shows what happens when the villain got their way (in that game, the villain stole the beauty of Banjo's sister). I can't imagine Nintendo doing this, but I am sure they would subvert these expectations.

Thank you for reading.

Back