2001: A Mario Odyssey

I hope this costume will make an appearance. :)
PXfbSgvm.png

Mister Wu said:
By the way, when Mario falls asleep, a bird lands on his nose.

Is this a reference to Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker or it already happened in past Super Mario games and I just missed this detail?
No

but I think the bird is also themed according to the area. In a video posted earlier, the bird that lands on Mario's nose has a top hat. Here, it has the coloration of a macaw, probably inspired from the scarlet macaw.

Woah, I've never seen that Starshroom. Glad to see The Toad Brigade in this game.
Also, I can't believe no-one (in this thread at least) has mentioned that this game has pirate goombas, which are pirate goombas.

IS THAT FREAKIN ISLE DELFINO!?!!!

DKVLgxNXkAAEmKs.jpg

DKVLhsaWkAAbMUn.jpg

DKVLiUMXUAEznwU.jpg

Nibel‏ @Nibellion spotted that from original tweet.

#MarioOdyssey board for Japan

DKVEqGdVwAAAtvR.jpg

DKVEqGfVoAASzTt.jpg

Maybe we can. The game still seems to hide some kingdoms from us, even though 69 power moons in the sand Kingdom is a lot.

I'm just more interested in the patterning of the birds lol. This one's a blue jay. We probably have to mention that in Bird (Super Mario 3D Land). Wonder what other patterns we'll get. Maybe a eurasian tree sparrow, hmmmmm...

Well, what did you expect? Just having Isle Delfino was almost more continuity than Nintendo could handle.

Hey, we got Isle Delfino, that's enough, we couldn't expect the whole entirety of Super Mario Sunshine to make it, right guys?

We should know by now not to expect perfect things in our Mario games.

Because perfection is subjective anyway. Case in point: I love Yoshi and Daisy. Not everyone else agrees.

Refrigerator Kirby said:
Hey, we got Isle Delfino, that's enough, we couldn't expect the whole entirety of Super Mario Sunshine to make it, right guys?
No one wants the whole entirety of Super Mario Sunshine. Everyone wants to leave behind its tortuous bits.

I'd definitely cry if there was a moon you could only get by means of a giant, buggy pachinko machine. That thing was so buggy...

That Panchiko level might as well be one of the worst Mario levels made. Though it does have to contend with Super Paper Mario's 2-2, which is bad for entirely different reasons, with the former being broken as hell and the latter having horrible design choices.

For some reason, only after reading so much user's comments on Super Paper Mario's Chapter 2 do I find it kinda bad, but as a kid I was like "Og god how could they do that in a Mario game amazingamazingamazing10/10" but I didn't know other Mario RPGs existed lol.

But still, it's not that bad to me, gotta say. I love the game, so I guess it has something to do with that.

Do you mean the level where you have to get 20000 or a crazy number of gems for Mimi before she lets you progress, and you have to find the hidden pixl to beat it? I wonder what she says if you do it the slow way.

Mimi was hot :3

I think she'd say the same thing, I don't thing it differs either way.

Btw, I too am one of those few who don't particularly hate Mimi. Guess we're on the same boat.

I'm hoping that you can actually go to Isle Delfino rather than it just being on the map as a cameo. If you can, it might be limited to Delfino Plaza.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
Do you mean the level where you have to get 20000 or a crazy number of gems for Mimi before she lets you progress, and you have to find the hidden pixl to beat it? I wonder what she says if you do it the slow way.
The Wii/Wii U rather than Mimi explodes

The recent Twitter on this game is amusing. Essentially it demonstrated that one of Mario's moves is rolling, so you can imagine where the comments would go. (If you aren't clear, basically many people compared Mario rolling to Sonic a lot, since Sonic's well-known for spinning.)

Anyway, I wish we have a version of this official art where Mario is in the same pose, except he's wearing his cap rather than putting it on his finger.

538px-SMO_Art_-_Mario.png

Though, that would mean it's one extra comparison to Sonic.

Thank you for reading.

Fun fact: in Japan Bowser and Peach are already married.
image01.jpg

This is what happens when you don't consider that Japan is a few hours ahead of Italy, Mario.

Back