Super Mario Run

Christmas Yoshi the SSM said:
And why would you want to add power-ups making use of more than 2 input when the game itself only uses one type of input (tap). Nintendo won't add Fire Flower or any other power ups no matter how many people would want them. If it isn't possible to do, they why make an petition? The other part may work though, but that may take resources to do. So, it will be a while if it does come.

It could autofire on an enemy that can't be defeated by jumping over them (like say a spiny or a pokey) or in situations where an enemy can't be defeated without normal means. There can also be a fire button in a pause block. I want it to have the traditional staples of a 2D Mario platformer.

Baby Luigi said:
You need to stop making petitions.

Seriously.

It's the only way I can get Nintendo to listen. It's already an existing petition from like October.

Your previous petitions have failed. What makes you think this one will succeed?

Roll and Maria Renard said:
And why would you want to add power-ups making use of more than 2 input when the game itself only uses one type of input (tap). Nintendo won't add Fire Flower or any other power ups no matter how many people would want them. If it isn't possible to do, they why make an petition? The other part may work though, but that may take resources to do. So, it will be a while if it does come.

It could autofire on an enemy that can't be defeated by jumping over them (like say a spiny or a pokey) or in situations where an enemy can't be defeated without normal means. There can also be a fire button in a pause block. I want it to have the traditional staples of a 2D Mario platformer.

Autofire? That could be a problem. Even if it was made so that it does so on enemies that can't be defeated by jumping over them, yet fire can defeat it. The Koopa Troopa is an enemy that can't defeated by a jump over it. Whether or not they include Koopa Troopas or not, autofire is not the solution. Think of the Spikes. Many players would want to take them out from far away. Autofire won't work unless it constantly fires. And then it will defeat enemies that would help you collect special stuff. As for the ice flower, this could hinder the player's process completely, as it will freeze them in impassible blocks no matter what system of autofire is used. Looking through the courses, I am not really seeing any course that would truly benefit from it. Those that would have some benefit, don't need it as you can complete it. But, autofire makes sense due to autorun.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
It's the only way I can get Nintendo to listen. It's already an existing petition from like October.

You could yell at a wall instead. It's a more convincing persuasion technique than writing a petition.

I feel that if they wanted to introduce power-ups in the game (that is not the Star), they would have done that from the beginning since I feel that they design the game around a single button, and it's pretty good because it manages to give depth to that singular input. That meant that anything using a second button like shooting fire/ice had to be sacrificed, so not everything from the Super Mario games would have made it.

It would be unreasonable to expect Nintendo to listen to what very few fans wanted, especially coming from a method (petitions) that is notorious for unrealistic expectations to developers (cancelling games that players do not like what they see, for one).

Thank you for reading.

I remember how one petition tried to shut down Color Splash. It even is mentioned in the wiki.

Look at how much of a success that was.

Well, it's the 1st anniversary of the game, huzzah, hooray, and all of that, there is three events going on to celebrate and logging in gets you something to show off in your garden.

In what is possibly related to this, Pocket Camp is giving out a free Mario hat, this is the only other reason besides Christmas(Which they already have a promo going on...) that I can see them doing that for some reason

Unfortunately, the 1st anniversary statue doesn't do anything when it is tapped.

The balloons and 1st anniversary cannon, on the other hand, do. Why not try them out?

I don't like the "I downloaded this game, and then I uninstalled it when I saw the $10 paywall" responses.
Someday, Nintendo would lower the price to $5 USD permanently, so that more can experience the full game.

I didn't place the balloon ones for obvious reasons but I really like the 1st Anniversary cannons.

Balloons are decorations, not buildings. You can only place them on grass, not the designated sand.

I know that. Still didn't place them.

Time Turner said:
Has anyone come across a Secret Course 28 or higher in Remix 10? This video claims to have every Secret Course, and stops at the really arbitrary 27.

I heard of a secret Yoshi egg one with 53 bonus coins.

memoryman3 said:
Time Turner said:
Has anyone come across a Secret Course 28 or higher in Remix 10? This video claims to have every Secret Course, and stops at the really arbitrary 27.

I heard of a secret Yoshi egg one with 53 bonus coins.
The rumor is probably partial true. The Yoshi Egg is made of coins, and it is only 5 bonus coins. That's how I think this could be true.

However, I haven't paid attention to course numbers of secret courses.

Tangle The Lemur said:
A video supposedly related to this appeared on the Nintnedo Mobile Youtube channel ... but it's a whole lot of nothing ... wonder what it could be
The video is unavailable.

At the time the video was public, the title says "App Live Stream" when translated. Maybe Nintendo is testing live streaming on mobile phones for their mobile titles, but accidentally made it public.

I thought there's going to be part of a new big update, when I first saw this.
DoOHxbYVAAEfRIY.jpg

It would be cool if there would be a new mode involving Mega Mushrooms.

Tho the fact that there's two goombas who are just one artwork kinda makes it look fanmade.

Back