Super Mario Run

Now for something even more fitting.

dfa2_pg20_en_an_expected_unexpected_by_furboz-d85x0q2.jpg

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
And then Daisy ends up in a mud puddle somewhere once Bowser realizes.
Or Bowser ends up in the mud puddle. It's up in the air on this one as to whether we have a repeat of Mario Party 3.

If Bowser kidnapped Daisy, then she's probably lost her home-run slapping powers before..
daisyslapbowser_by_doctorworm1987-dacea45.gif

Or she must be glad she finally got kidnapped.
daisy__s_dignity_by_furboz-d29433p.jpg

Those custom music sounds like a great update, as with putting those headphones on characters. It's also quite fortunate that this game is downloadable in Malaysia as the discount is around the corner, since some apps are not naturally available here, namely the Switch Online App.

Still, there's the conundrum where my phone's not particularly new (it was bought back in 2014) and space is pretty limited at this rate...

Baby Luigi said:
Refrigerator Kirby said:
I didn't know that as we speak, the one guy on this forum who got banned of excessive Daisy fanboyism was that famous...

Tbh I actually feel sorry for him.

This forum isn't his earliest appearance, and he's been going at this for plenty of years, on plenty of sites, including Reddit. He's also on GameXplain's spam filter, that's how terrible his obsession is.

I too feel sympathy for him. Though with that said, the spam filter sounds like news to me.

Thank you for reading.

Actaully what happened with mm3 and Gamexplain is that he was blocked during a stream by a mod, but GX have now unblocked him.
Why is this knowledge that's in my brain?

DryBowzillaJP said:
Nintendo of Japan says Super Mario Run is a main game. Meaning this will be her second time or so to appear in a main game.
Is there a source on that? Not that I think you're lying or anything, I'm just interested to see. I was unsure if they'd peg this as a main game given its limitations and not even being on a Nintendo platform, but the way they were promoting it when it was first announced and then launched was pretty intense.

Mister Apple said:
Actaully what happened with mm3 and Gamexplain is that he was blocked during a stream by a mod, but GX have now unblocked him.

They should just leave him blocked.

NikoAnesti said:
DryBowzillaJP said:
Nintendo of Japan says Super Mario Run is a main game. Meaning this will be her second time or so to appear in a main game.
Is there a source on that? Not that I think you're lying or anything, I'm just interested to see. I was unsure if they'd peg this as a main game given its limitations and not even being on a Nintendo platform, but the way they were promoting it when it was first announced and then launched was pretty intense.

I have seen the page where this is mentioned. I can confirm that Super Mario Run is indeed considered a main game (which, due to the "Super Mario" label, is a given).

Baby Luigi said:
Mister Apple said:

They should just leave him blocked.

I can't speak for GameXplain, but I do wonder if there are worse on GameXplain given that there are many that frequents there. The only reason I am mentioning this is due to my impression that there are worse reasons to block someone.

Thank you for reading.

Well, "Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land" isn't on the list, and not even "Super Mario: Yoshi's Island" (the Japanese SMW2 name); the latter is even more surprising considering that the in the famous Game Informer 2012 interview Miyamoto considered it being part of the core Mario series. I guess that games that started different series were removed, even though they have Super Mario in the name and the developers consider them core Mario games.

Also, of course, games featuring Mario the SNES era often had Super Mario in the name, with Super Mario RPG and Super Mario Kart coming to mind. These games clearly aren't considered part of the Super Mario series.

NikoAnesti said:
DryBowzillaJP said:

Looks like someone already answered the question for me.

winstein said:
I have seen the page where this is mentioned. I can confirm that Super Mario Run is indeed considered a main game (which, due to the "Super Mario" label, is a given).

Oh wow, interesting. And Mister Wu brings up a good point in the post above so my next question was going to be if they consider Mario Maker a main game even though it's more of a creative tool and has no kind of story or anything. But it's on there so I guess I'll just go with that! I was surprised (well, not really surprised) to see Yoshi's Island wasn't on there because of said interview, which was later brought up and reconfirmed in a Mario Maker interview with Takashi Tezuka in the same magazine in November 2015 (starts page 54 of the PDF, the part in question has its own blurb on 61). I actually just had to go looking for it yesterday because someone is doing a poll on this exact subject.

NikoAnesti said:
winstein said:

Oh wow, interesting. And Mister Wu brings up a good point in the post above so my next question was going to be if they consider Mario Maker a main game even though it's more of a creative tool and has no kind of story or anything. But it's on there so I guess I'll just go with that! I was surprised (well, not really surprised) to see Yoshi's Island wasn't on there because of said interview, which was later brought up and reconfirmed in a Mario Maker interview with Takashi Tezuka in the same magazine in November 2015 (starts page 54 of the PDF, the part in question has its own blurb on 61). I actually just had to go looking for it yesterday because someone is doing a poll on this exact subject.
Effectively, the "Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros." doesn't list Super Mario Maker as part of the "Super Mario Bros." series, this is something that was done uniquely in the Mario Portal. Still, it can hardly be argued that this site lists the "Super Mario" games and since it is also the most recent source on the matter, it means that at Nintendo they changed their mind in the meantime.

Mister Wu said:
NikoAnesti said:
winstein said:

Effectively, the "Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros." doesn't list Super Mario Maker as part of the "Super Mario Bros." series, this is something that was done uniquely in the Mario Portal. Still, it can hardly be argued that this site lists the "Super Mario" games and since it is also the most recent source on the matter, it means that at Nintendo they changed their mind in the meantime.
You know that this book came out the same year Super Mario Maker was released. This book may already be printed before SMM was released.

The book contained a section dedicated to Super Mario Maker at the beginning, it also listed the game among all games featuring Mario released on Nintendo consoles. It just explicitly stated it was not part of the "Super Mario Bros." series.

Mister Wu said:
The book contained a section dedicated to Super Mario Maker at the beginning, it also listed the game among all games featuring Mario released on Nintendo consoles. It just explicitly stated it was not part of the "Super Mario Bros." series.
That's because Super Mario Maker was recently released at that time.

infinite8 said:
Mister Wu said:
That's because Super Mario Maker was recently released at that time.
Well, the Mario Portal lists Super Mario Odyssey among the Super Mario games, and has been listing it since a few months, so I wouldn't consider this hypothesis as being a likely explanation.

I can see why at the beginning they didn't consider it a Super Mario game - it is ultimately a level editor, after all. My guess is that since in these years we had no Super Mario games released, let alone in 2015, the year of the 30th anniversary, they decided to promote the closest they could find to a Super Mario game.

So I got my hands on the update early this morning. It's pretty cool. Peach, Toad, and Toadette now shrink to their small forms as opposed to dying in one hit. They're no longer glasscannons anymore. It's no longer like Giana Sisters.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
So I got my hands on the update early this morning. It's pretty cool. Peach, Toad, and Toadette now shrink to their small forms as opposed to dying in one hit. They're no longer glasscannons anymore. It's no longer like Giana Sisters.

Yoshi too. :)

Daisy sure has a great singing voice. And it's nice to hear an Easton Kingdom remix in Remix 10, considering the princess of Sarasaland is the damsel-in-distress once again, and the singer in the gamemode.

Back