Super Mario Run

By the way, since this hasn't been posted here yet, here are two bosses
only in Super Mario 3D Land both of them appeared, interestingly enough Boom Boom is also fought on an airship, reinforcing this indirect reference.

Hobbes said:
Only worlds 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, and a part of 1-4 will be free.

Like, out of what part of the entire game?

Glowsquid said:
interesingly enough, miyamoto said this is the mario game he and tezuka=Bob is a temporarily embarrassed dictator.
have been the most involved in a while
uh...

Am I the only one confused here?

Magikrazy said:
Glowsquid said:
interesingly enough, miyamoto said this is the mario game he and tezuka=Bob is a temporarily embarrassed dictator.
have been the most involved in a while
uh...

Am I the only one confused here?

for fuks sakes glowsquid

proper link is http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/8/13878378/super-mario-run-iphone-nintendo-shigeru-miyamoto-interview

Why would Peach and Rosalina need ponytails in super Mario run? That makes no sense aside from being an useless cosmetic asset that it's completely exclusive to the Fire Form in the case of Rosetta

lol what the fuck guys

all smartphone games i have require an always on internet connection

its not even a big deal

i for one think this game looks very good especially for a mobile game

What bothers me the most is that you have up to world 1-4, and the rest is PAY UP 10 BUCKS MOFOS.

This isn't a free-to-start game as they advertised, it's an effing demo.

Just spend a third of your bucks on Rayman Jungle Run, which isn't "free-to-start", but is more worth it.

And the online-only thing is mainly because fears of piracy for fuck's sake.

Yeah, unless they put out some awesome Daisy DLC with her special mid-air dash, I'm not buying.

Salazzle said:
Well maybe if they didn't overprice it they wouldn't have to fear piracy.

Those are exactly my thoughts

Why are they so concerned about piracy? This is not like a 60 dollar goddamn game where it's very pricey for some people who may resort to those measures to pirate it. It's 10 goddamn dollars. The only people who would pirate it are people who are going to pirate anything anyway.

Nintendo just doesn't know how pricing effectively works. Like, look at how they do eShop. lol.

They give you the first 4 levels for free and then you buy the rest for $10. I don't see the issue here.

I mean, I don't know how is it packaged. Do you pay 10 dollars to access the rest of the content in one go, or is 10 dollars for the total game where you spend for content in increments?

I'm not sure if this is the norm for free-to-start games, but personally, it feels like it's just the word "demo" but in a different word to make it more appealing to the consumer.

You download the demo which is the first 4 levels, then you pay 10 bucks and the rest of the game is open to you.

It's a fair deal if you ask me, provided the game is good of course.

honestly this is the least insane thing nintendo has done recently and youre getting mad at it kek

Least insane thing done recently? What?

Like, after the reveal of the Switch which is still fairly recent, mind you?

Swiftie_Luma said:
Why would Peach and Rosalina need ponytails in super Mario run? That makes no sense aside from being an useless cosmetic asset that it's completely exclusive to the Fire Form in the case of Rosetta
Well, Peach's usually loose hair and her dress would make it harder to animate which was the case with her trying to be a playable character in NSMBWii. This is the same exact situation Konami ran into when making Maria Renard a playable character in Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP which is a remake of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo/Rinne) for the PC Engine Super CD ROM2 System. They had to give Maria a ponytail (which I thought were braids or something) and eliminate the dress and replace it with pantaloons which were easier to animate and make it possible for her to be playable. If they didn't do that, then she wouldn't be playable at all just like in the butchered SNES counterpart, Dracula X. That is my example.

The thing is, this free-to-start model is, in my opinion, not the best option at all. Or at least make it less expensive. Look at Pokémon GO, the game is freemium and at its peak it made USD$10 million a day. In less than three months it hit the USD$600 million mark.

Let's take Super Mario 3D World, the latest installment in the Mario series and the fourth-best selling game for the Wii U. In over three years, it has made around USD$300 million. Half of what Pokémon GO made in only a twelfth of the time.

When it comes to mobile, you want volume. You want a shitton of people downloading your game for free and a fraction of them paying for extra content. You want it to be a massive phenomenon, even if just for a few months. You don't want a very small fraction of mobile phone users buying an expensive game. Just look at the top grossing apps chart on your app store; I'm looking at the Mexican Play Store and the first paid app (Minecraft) appears in the 28th place. The it's GTA in #49. Then that's it, if we go all the way down to #100. Only two paid apps could "rival" free apps in revenue; and let's be clear, they have no chance at matching them in downloads. Oh, and those two apps are around half the price of Super Mario Run.

Back