Super Mario Run

TB100 said:
(In fact my guess as to why it's online only to begin with, is because of My Nintendo & Toad Rally.)
It's mainly because fears of piracy.

Which is pathetic since they expect you to fork over 10 freaking dollars.

They need to compete with piracy rather than screw paying consumers over in the name of it. Look what happened when Valve peddled with pirate-rich Russia, Russia became one of their biggest customers. Also, music services like those from Amazon or Spotify are giving the record companies a run for their money because again, they compete against piracy.

Offer a better, more convenient product than piracy, you'll get more customers. Time has proven it again and again and it will in the future.

This is out as of, like, 10 minutes ago so stickying this.

I'm trying to find video footage or a screenshot confirming this.

People are saying that they are there in the character select screen but I can't really add it unless I see it.

I'm downloading the demo at the moment , so excited!

If Peach is really playable , then Rosalina's possibilities just boosted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQvDXhw70DA

Boy, I was really on the edge of my seat there.

Wow, such intensity.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I'm downloading the demo at the moment , so excited!

If Peach is really playable , then Rosalina's possibilities just boosted!

I didn't see Rosalina. Here is a screenshot. Maybe her and Daisy and others will be added in updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w8B2ElzmvI

Again , i know very well Rosalina IS NOT in the actual release.

I have been saying forever that if she is included it would be through updates , like other characters.

Goddess Gracious.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Again , i know very well Rosalina IS NOT in the actual release.

I have been saying forever that if she is included it would be through updates , like other characters.

Goddess Gracious.

Oh yes....and seeing how Peach's float works is interesting. It doesn't dash her forward...instead she glides. This kinda opens up things for someone like Daisy, who can have a straight air dash, or Rosalina, who can have a spin.

Mcmadness said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQvDXhw70DA

Boy, I was really on the edge of my seat there.

Wow, such intensity.

I thought nothing could top Super Mario Galaxy 2 Bowser final battle but I was wrong.

i played the demo and im hooked! Its so much fun , when i have the money i will definetely purchase the complete version.

I also took some screenies , maybe they are useful for the article.

ElDeMLS.png

eGxqtVB.png

frsCLph.png

ypZeDOm.png

fljdADV.png

s1QL8YZ.png

Thanks for the character select screen, just what I needed for the article.

Cirdec said:
I thought nothing could top Super Mario Galaxy 2 Bowser final battle but I was wrong.

If you are talking in awfulness I'd still take this over that. At least he's actually doing stuff here.

Cirdec said:
Meh, you can still get damaged without effort here.

But wow... that's so anti climatic.

Holy shit, they found a way to make Peach playable in the NSMB formula.
I wonder what this means for future games in the Super Mario series?
Will peach play a more active role in Future games, rather then be a damsel like in previous games?
Seriously the future of the franchise is definitely going to be an interesting one. (I'm talking about the Main Series by the way, not the RPGS or any of the Spin-Offs.)

LeftyGreenMario said:
Cirdec said:
Meh, you can still get damaged without effort here.

But wow... that's so anti climatic.

Considering how it started I'm not surprised.

Damn, Peach is fully playable without having her hair in a ponytail or whatever unlike Maria Renard in Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP. It's great that this was easy to program than in NSMBWii. It makes me wish why didn't they make her playable in NSMBWii. It must've been due to the complexity of animation in the GCN and Wii hardware.
The only thing I will never get is customisable outfits like with Roll in Mega Man Powered Up on PSP and the ability to change Peach's hairstyle with some new ones added. If it had that then I'd be satisfied. I guess I'm gonna have to play Mega Man Powered Up on PSP if I want that feature.

Maria Renard said:
It must've been due to the complexity of animation in the GCN and Wii hardware.
Trust me, they're just bullshitting.

Maria Renard said:
Damn, Peach is fully playable without having her hair in a ponytail or whatever unlike Maria Renard in Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP. It's great that this was easy to program than in NSMB Wii. It makes me wish why didn't they make her playable in NSMB.Wii. It must've been due to the complexity of animation in the GCN and Wii hardware.

I'm so happy, this removes one obstacle for Daisy!!!

Miyamoto kinda made it sound that they didnt make her playable out of pettyness.

Instead of ''Oh , we are clearly not gonna be able to do this''

it was more like

''Nah , lets not bother , just make Toad playable because is easier''

I'm so happy, this removes one obstacle for Daisy!!!

I don't know.

She needs to pass through a lot of more likely characters , kinda like Mario Maker.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Maria Renard said:
It must've been due to the complexity of animation in the GCN and Wii hardware.
Trust me, they're just bullshitting.

In the case of Konami trying to implement Maria Renard in Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, they weren't bullshitting. Maria Renard's long hair and dress was a problem so they had to redesign her for Dracula X Chronicles. And let me tell ya, that was on PSP.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Miyamoto kinda made it sound that they didnt make her playable out of pettyness.

Instead of ''Oh , we are clearly not gonna be able to do this''

it was more like

''Nah , lets not bother , just make Toad playable because is easier''
If I recall correctly, it's because they can't "animate her dress" or hair or something like that.

Which is utter putrefied cerebrospinal fluid.

Maria Renard said:
In the case of Konami trying to implement Maria Renard in Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, they weren't bull*bleep*ting. Maria Renard's long hair and dress was a problem so they had to redesign her for Dracula X Chronicles.
Perhaps the PSP isn't strong enough to animate flowing hair, but we're talking about the Wii here. You know, where it can handle Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl without sacrificing the character design.

Actually it seems pretty spot on to me. Her dress animates like it's been a thousand gallons of starch and she doesn't have a tiny form when she gets hurt.

Who else is trying to milk as much fun as possible from the first world to put off paying for the full version as long as possible?

Back