Super Mario Run

On the contrary, I'd be tremendously surprised if they actually put Wario in a Mario platformer for once.

I don't know why using popular recognizable characters to be playable characters, popular enough to be recurring in the Mario spin-offs (kart, party, sports games), is such an alien concept for the Mario platforming team.

The reason I said Wario wouldn't surprise me is because Wario did appear in Super Mario 64 DS and has his own series of games.

Super Mario 64 DS. A game that came out more than a decade ago.

And when was, like, Wario's last platformer. A decade ago too?

I think it would be a waste to put Wario in this mobile runner as his first platformer appearance in this long. I'd rather have him in Super Mario Odyssey. Technically 64 DS was the last open-world (at least in the 64/Sunshine sense) 3D Mario until Odyssey, plus the whole hat thing. Save Wario for that instead of using him as a likely cosmetic (or almost so) feature in a mobile game.

I don't understand how it would be a "waste", considering not appearing at all is his other option, and that's arguably worse than being "wasted" on a mobile runner.

I liked it when Toadette was playable for once in a runner, and I don't really care if it's a smaller scale game, I was happy she was acknowledged all the same.

Doesn't look like there is.

Another thing to note, I've been able to play the game without an internet connection so long as I open the app when I do have internet.

EDIT: only worked a couple of times, dammit.

It's great that it is now on Android. Though it still has that DRM bullcrap as with the iOS version.

I've been having loads of fun with this in the last day. However, I don't think this is worth £10, so I'm sticking with the free version.

Unlocked Blue Yoshi and been playing with them ever since, trying to unlock the rest of them but holy molly do you need a lot of Toads to unlock Red Yoshi, if the only advantage playing any of the alt Yoshis over Regular Yoshi is that certain Toads show up more(That seems to be Blue Yoshi's thing, more Blue Toads appear while playing him) than would you really need one that gives you more Red Toads when you have to get 9999 Toads in general just to unlock them? Anyways, the game's fun so far, just trying to stomp all the required Gold Goombas before the event ends

I ended up uninstalling the game two weeks after downloading. It was fun for a while but then the free game just became repetitive.

Unfortunately, yes. While they do help getting certain colour Toads, they all play exactly the same as Yoshi himself.
I'm not sure about this, but I think that's all they added in the update

There's also some "Bowser challenge" thing that allows you to unlock 1-4 fully. This gives you access to new courses in toad rally.

C-O0pFLUwAUEJBU.jpg

New update lets you to wear costumes from Miitomo on your profile, it's always the cows you have to look out for...
Also, you can get even more Toads now and there is a few more items to item builder, supposedly a 8-bit Bowser and Bob-Omb statue are among them

Have there been any better versions of that "Gold Peach Statue" art, by any chance?

This game died for me. Not just because of the Four :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:

But because of the always online requirement....and the servers being spotty. Defeats the point

I'm not sure if I asked this before, but has anyone else here besides me have any trouble actually finding this said installment at the Google Play Store? I tried all available options including the general search on the Android phone I'm using, and all I've been seeing is "alternates" and other stuff that looks like Super Mario Run, but it's obviously not the real deal.

Hobbes said:
What version of Android are you running? If it happens to be under 4.2 you won't be able to find it.
I'll have to investigate my phone itself and get back to you on that; I assume we'll be able to find that under "Phone Information" which might possibly list the Android version that I'm using? Because that would be a dagger to me if I saw that the Android version I have isn't compatible with said "Super Mario Run" game itself.

Back