What new things should Nintendo add in Mariokart 9 (Next Mariokart)

Koopd Guy said:
What if one the two items is offensive and the other one defensive? Would that make it better?

When you consider that almost all defensive items are also used offensively, probably not.

I love me my double coins :^)

does two consecutive coins still occur when you pass through two item boxes?

if so, my point still stands

Baby Luigi said:
does two consecutive coins still occur when you pass through two item boxes?

if so, my point still stands

Let me test that against Easy COM now...

Retro Tracks

(Disclaimer:I don't really care about balance in retro tracks because mario kart 8 f***ed it all up.This is all biased.)
I have some predictions for retro tracks,not including DLC:

Tracks used:
SNES:3
N64:1
GBA:3
GCN:1
DS:1
Wii:4
3DS:3
U:2

Shell Cup:
SNES Mario Circuit 4
Wii U Thwomp Ruins
GBA Riverside Park
Wii DK Summit
Banana Cup:
3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
SNES Donut Plains 2
Wii Dry Dry Ruins
Wii U Electrodome
Leaf Cup:
Wii Daisy Circuit
GCN Mushroom City
GBA Sunset Wilds
3DS Rosalina's Ice World
Lightning Cup:
N64 Wario's Stadium
3DS Maka Wuhu
Wii Moonview Highway
DS Bowser's Castle

This is the only prediction of its kind which does not have GBA rainbow road because 1.)This track is very bad and my least favorite rainbow road (music is too) and 2.) having more than one rainbow road in one game is kinda weird (*cough*mario kart 8 *cough*)

So now that I have played MK8D, there is one thing I'm sure I want.

MAKE THE F(bleep)ING TRIPLE BANANAS STAY BEHIND YOU INSTEAD OF SPINNING AROUND YOU!

LumaGirl45 said:
This is the only prediction of its kind which does not have GBA rainbow road because 1.)This track is very bad and my least favorite rainbow road (music is too) and 2.) having more than one rainbow road in one game is kinda weird (*cough*mario kart 8 *cough*)
But those are opinions. Nintendo most likely disagrees with both. Therefore, it most likely will be in MK9. Do you really predict that GBA Rainbow Road will not be in MK9, or do you just want it to not be in it?

In terms of retro GP tracks, I have some inputs...

Shell Cup
3DS Daisy Hills
SNES Choco Island 1
GBA Riverside Park
Wii U Thwomp Ruins
Wii Toad's Factory

Banana Cup
SNES Donut Plains 2
GCN Mushroom City
N64 Koopa Troopa Beach
GBA Sunset Wilds
3DS Rock Rock Mountain

Leaf Cup
Wii U Dolphin Shoals
DS Mario Circuit
SNES Bowser Castle 3
GCN Wario Colosseum
N64 Choco Mountain

Egg Cup
GBA Snow Land
Wii Daisy Circuit
3DS Wario Shipyard
DS Bowser Castle
Wii U Cloudtop Cruise

Lightning Cup
N64 Wario Stadium
3DS Rosalina's Ice World
Wii U Bone-Dry Dunes
Wii Moonview Highway
GCN Rainbow Road

I think I'll join the bandwagon, and say my predictions.

Shell Cup:
DS Figure-8 Circuit
Wii Toad's Factory
3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
SNES Donut Plains 2

Banana Cup:
3DS Alpine Pass
DS Shroom Ridge
Wii U Thwomp Ruins
Wii DK's Snowboard Cross

Leaf Cup:
GCN Mushroom City
SNES Bowser Castle 3
GBA Sunset Wilds
Wii Dry Dry Ruins

Lightning Cup:
GBA Snow Land
N64 Wario Stadium
Wii U Cloudtop Cruise
GCN Rainbow Road

Tracks per game:
SNES: 2
N64: 1
GBA: 2
GCN: 2
DS: 2
Wii: 3
3DS: 2
Wii U: 2

Here's mine. I didn't bother with the cups.
SNES Bowser Castle 3
SNES Vanilla Lake 1
N64 Wario Stadium
N64 Banshee Boardwalk
GBA Sunset Wilds
GBA Rainbow Road
GCN Mushroom City
GCN Bowser's Castle
DS Shroom Ridge
DS Mario Circuit
Wii Toad's Factory
Wii DK Summit
3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
3DS Rock Rock Mountain
Wii U Electrodrome
Wii U Cloudtop Cruise
I'm surprised mine is the only one with GBA Rainbow Road since it's virtually guaranteed. After all SNES RR was brought back in 7, N64 RR was brought back in 8, therefore GBA RR will be brought back in 9.

SNES Mario Circuit 4 and GBA Bowser Castle 4 didn't appear in MK8 even though there was a pattern and everybody thought they were guaranteed to be in the game.

Tiff said:
SNES Mario Circuit 4 and GBA Bowser Castle 4 didn't appear in MK8 even though there was a pattern and everybody thought they were guaranteed to be in the game.
This chain is more recent and is going in the right order. That one zig-zagged around. I feel that it may not be a coincidence that they broke that pattern when they started really redoing courses instead of just having them be mostly the same. Also notice how they added and completely overhauled 2 GBA courses in the latest DLC for MK8. Anyway, I think it would make more sense to have no Retro Rainbow Road at all then to skip GBA and go straight to GCN.

MnSG said:
GBA Rainbow Road could always be a DLC track.
It would make more sense as the last course of the Lightning cup to keep the pattern.

MnSG said:
In terms of retro GP tracks, I have some inputs...

Shell Cup
3DS Daisy Hills
SNES Choco Island 1
GBA Riverside Park
Wii U Thwomp Ruins
Wii Toad's Factory

Banana Cup
SNES Donut Plains 2
GCN Mushroom City
N64 Koopa Troopa Beach
GBA Sunset Wilds
3DS Rock Rock Mountain

Leaf Cup
Wii U Dolphin Shoals
DS Mario Circuit
SNES Bowser Castle 3
GCN Wario Colosseum
N64 Choco Mountain

Egg Cup
GBA Snow Land
Wii Daisy Circuit
3DS Wario Shipyard
DS Bowser Castle
Wii U Cloudtop Cruise

Lightning Cup
N64 Wario Stadium
3DS Rosalina's Ice World
Wii U Bone-Dry Dunes
Wii Moonview Highway
GCN Rainbow Road
I like your idea of five cups (a la Super Circuit) of five tracks each (a la Super Mario Kart)

J-Yoshi64 said:
I like your idea of five cups (a la Super Circuit) of five tracks each (a la Super Mario Kart)

If a roster has as many as 49-50 characters, there would have to be enough tracks so that every character (except the Mii) is used as a staff ghost at least once in Time Trials.

Well that means more tracks.

Concerning retro tracks, I'll say it's a shame Maple Treeway was already used in MK7, because it could've had good antigravity sections. Aside from that, Toad's factory can make it there as well as Wii Rainbow road, which could also make good antigravity, considering the track already has some kinds of anti-gravity sections. As for the rest, I don't really know.

Well yeah, I haven't played Double Dash or anything older, or DS and 7, so the only retro tracks I would like to see are from either Mario Kart Wii or 8.

I was going to put GCN Wario Colosseum in my prediction, but I only wanted to have one Wario track and I'm forced to use N64 Wario Stadium.

Tiff said:
I was going to put GCN Wario Colosseum in my prediction, but I only wanted to have one Wario track and I'm forced to use N64 Wario Stadium.

That didn't stop Nintendo from implementing two retro Bowser Castle tracks in Mario Kart Wii though.

Back