What new things should Nintendo add in Mariokart 9 (Next Mariokart)

Baby Luigi said:
Can Mario Kart please have a paintjob feature.
Oh heck yes I want a Black P-Wing like that one mod I've seen.

I don't really like the idea of a hub area in Mario Kart, menus are faster, less annoying and better for multiplayer. I wouldn't mind mission mode coming back though. Or just more new modes in general.

As long as it is a separate and optional mode it would be fine. I think there would still need to be a faster menu for choosing tracks.

Ninelevendo said:
Baby Luigi said:
Can Mario Kart please have a paintjob feature.
Oh heck yes I want a Black P-Wing like that one mod I've seen.

I don't really like the idea of a hub area in Mario Kart, menus are faster, less annoying and better for multiplayer. I wouldn't mind mission mode coming back though. Or just more new modes in general.

I don't see why we can't have both. Hub areas are fun provided they're open, big, and have stuff to do and menus can access options quicker. Besides, there can be both a "Tracks" menu and the option to enter the hub world. Diddy Kong Racing had both.

Might've already been mentioned, but I think a league mode separate from the Grand Prix would be great. You start out with the basic character and kart selection, and as you progress through the tourneys you use your rewards to gain new kart features. And perhaps beating a character in a 1 on 1 match unlocks them as a playable character. Maybe even add a little story to it.

I absolutely hate games like this where you can't choose friends or competitors

Looking at you, Mario & Sonic.

The rival system gets very boring after a while. I don't like how whenever you use Yoshi, the two best CPUs are always Toad and Donkey Kong.

Most other games after Super Mario Kart, and before Mario Kart 7, never implemented a rival system at all.

I want a reverse rival system where I can pick opponents that always suck when they race.

MnSG said:
The rival system gets very boring after a while. I don't like how whenever you use Yoshi, the two best CPUs are always Toad and Donkey Kong.
Yeah, it's boring always being followed by Mario and Daisy, since I'm Luigi most of the time. (I play as Tanooki Mario sometimes, though.)
LeftyGreenMario said:
I want a reverse rival system where I can pick opponents that always suck when they race.
I know exactly who you'd choose.
:wario: :waluigi: :dk:

I always ragequit whenver Yoshi, Koopa Troopa, or one of the three dorks are my rivals.

Baby Luigi said:
I always ragequit whenver Yoshi, Koopa Troopa, or one of the three dorks are my rivals.

It would suck to be a Toad player then, since Koopa Troopa and Waluigi are his rivals.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

It would suck to be a Toad player then, since Koopa Troopa and Waluigi are his rivals.

In what game? Mario Kart 7 has Rosalina and Peach as rivals, and that game made me hate Peach.

Mario Kart 8 has rivals only in Grand Prix mode and who plays that mode anymore when VS is far more superior in every way possible?

playable goombas and wigglers, also shoe, brick, cloud, flying platform and tordano themed carts

tardograd2 said:
tordano themed carts

panavia-tornado-gr4.jpg

love to have a kart themed after one of these beauties

Any tire would look awesome with it.

One of the reasons I'm disappointed in the Soda Jet's design is that it's too fat, rounded, and stubby. If they wanted to make a fat plane, make it appear like a jumbo jet and make it have a slimmer body with longer wings.

I can see it working out if they were creative with how the treads are applied to the vehicle.

Baby Luigi said:
tardograd2 said:
tordano themed carts

panavia-tornado-gr4.jpg

love to have a kart themed after one of these beauties
I meant the spinning vortex, not the plane

But the tornado airplane has a lot of spinning vortexes in it :'(

Besides, they can make it both weather-themed and make it look like a plane. It can nail the look of a Tweester and be a clever reference to the fighter jet all the same. Kinda how like the Hurricane is also the name of a fighter jet.

Back